Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Opinions on Diablo 3 & Torchlight 2

Comments

• zackman10122zackman10122 Member UncommonPosts: 14

I will still be buying d3... The auction house really doesn't change anything in the game... If you googles diablo 2 i bet you will still get tons of sites that sell items for real money. Blizzard is just being smart and legitimizing those sales so they make a very small transaction fee and people  make money instead of buisnesses just hogging it all. The no offline with no modding is dissipointing but really not a big deal... it's like saying an mmo needs to be offline too, it's quite a rediculous argument to say they are stupid for doing it. So in short Diablo 3 will be a great game made by a company with an outstanding reputation for quality games. Torchlight 2 is a maybe, single player dungeon crawling is actually boring for me i love online play with people so i can trade and such...

• lostkosslostkoss Member Posts: 149

I went with "I will buy both".    Eventually.

Neither of these games has pre-order or midnight release mojo with me.More likely I will pick them up after they have been out a while and I see them on sale.

I am less and less excited about D3 the more I hear of it, and after recently replaying D2 I think my tastes have grown from 10 years ago.The real money auction house turns me off.I'm afraid its going to be an exploit nightmare.I severely doubt the average player will ever sell anything worth a dime due to farmers and botters and hackers and fee's.It just seems too much for a game and game company to be able to keep it all "legit".

I also do not like the online only component. I like to take my laptop when I go to the camper up in lake country.No internet up there.So that is a big minus for me, it doesn't travel well, and I like to play games when I travel or vacation. Its not sunny everyday. :)

Torchlight 2? Well I haven't tried torchlight 1 yet, but I've heard good things. I will likely pick up both titles in the next 6-9 months if available.Right now I am playing through some PS3 games I never finished and bouncing around free to play MMO's and that is keeping me pretty busy, but when I get that new game itch Torchlight is next on my list.

Have a sense of humor, no need to get ALL MODDY ! :) A Simpson's quote shouldn't be worth a warning. You are lucky anyone is bothering to read this rag.

• myrmxmyrmx Member Posts: 93

removing offline mode means you can remove a lot of coding from the client and use more "cloud streaming" ... the least the client has the less hacks will be possible. Until we can ride game on 30 mbps connection hacking will still happen but we're getting there.

The RMT and gold auction is exactly like complaining you can't take air conditioning without having the sunroof on a new car ... you grab everything and if you don't use it so what ... probably someone somewhere will be happy there is more feature even tough noone planned to use it at first.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

I'm not giving Blizzard anymore of my money.  They were once a fun company that cared about their players, now they're a bloated abomination that only cares about money and makes a living from sucking up other people's ideas and using them in their games.  I'll look into Torchlight 2 though, Torchlight was pretty fun.  

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

For me it's Torchlight 2 hands down. No offline option and the RMT thing killed me buying D3. It just sucks that everyone and there momma will be trying to cash in on the RMT market place meaning there simply won't be anything worth buying that isn't going to cost real cash. I mean one or the other is bad enough, but combining the 2 most asinine things for a non MMO into one game.... yeah count me out lol. 

I'll get my fix in Torchlight 2, Blizzards seen enough of my money I think. 

Don't worry, if you don't agree with me I won't be offended. Just know your opinion isn't going to sway mine. Blizz has been trying way to damn hard to screw up lately and they're eventually going to succeed, I don't want my wallet infront of them when it happens. Real Names Battlenet, Online only non MMO, making RMT legit, lol....... yeah I'm done with Blizz for a long while. Don't care what they've managed to get away with really, it's what they're trying to get away with thats bothering me. 

• Suker9Suker9 Member Posts: 22

I will buy both of them.

Tochilight 2: The first one is funny , so I wanna to get the follow one.

Diablo 3: Diablo 1 & 2 are epic . Although there are no offline and mobs , I  must get one when it release.

• SonofSethSonofSeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,884

I doubt Blizzard is very much worried about the people who threaten with not buying the game. Anyone who is interested enough to come and post such a thing is interested enough to download a torrent and try the game to see what's all this about. We all know what happens once you get a taste of the sweet Blizzard crack, you want more and more and more and you want to share that addiction with other people.

Especially if they try Torchlight 2 and have to compare it to the new Diablo hotness with it's freedom to play around with skills and runestones, unprecedented amounts of customisability, awesome animations and spell effects... Torchlight 2 will seem so archaic and silly.

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

Originally posted by SonofSeth

I doubt Blizzard is very much worried about the people who threaten with not buying the game. Anyone who is interested enough to come and post such a thing is interested enough to download a torrent and try the game to see what's all this about. We all know what happens once you get a taste of the sweet Blizzard crack, you want more and more and more and you want to share that addiction with other people.

Especially if they try Torchlight 2 and have to compare it to the new Diablo hotness with it's freedom to play around with skills and runestones, unprecedented amounts of customisability, awesome animations and spell effects... Torchlight 2 will seem so archaic and silly.

I have no doubt D3 will do well.

But it doesn't make a damn bit of difference since those bastards at Blizzard will not get my money.  It isn't the first time a popular game company said, "Screw you all" to an established fanbase and implemented bad mechanics despite feedback not to do so, and squander a good franchise.

BioWare and Dragon Age 2 comes readily to mind.

Now, some of us have standards, and if you want to settle for less (all Blizzard's announcements about D3 have been limitations or what the game cannot be able to do... think about that) on top of BS ethics from the company, and you STILL want to fork over money?  There's a word for people like that.

Fool.

It wouldn't be the first time I've seen a good franchise get borked over.  And I'm sure it will not be the last.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• MalevilMalevil Member Posts: 468

Maybe they are not worried, but they should. They were doing great games, which made them loyal fan base they have now.It seems they work hard to transform loyal fans just to occasional customers.

D3 will be probably great game from game play perspective, its just retarded that there are issues not related to gameplay itself that will make ppl to not buy it. This is not way of 'old' Blizzard.

• kylekbbkylekbb Member Posts: 165

I never tried the Diablo series but always wanted too. I was going to try D2 out but heard that in a bit there will be a D3. I decided to wait and just play a few other games that came to intreset now i am on the fence. I think if i do get it its not going to be when it comes out i may try cb if its free. But Blizzard ripped me off with wow it has some nice things i liked but just too much crap in it.  They have a top custom support that i wish was the ones telling the idiots in dev what to do. Right now i think i may not end up getting etiher. T2 if its a bit more open world that T1 i didnt even give it a fair try i know but eh didnt like it one bit.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Originally posted by WarmakerI have no doubt D3 will do well.

But it doesn't make a damn bit of difference since those bastards at Blizzard will not get my money.  It isn't the first time a popular game company said, "Screw you all" to an established fanbase and implemented bad mechanics despite feedback not to do so, and squander a good franchise.

BioWare and Dragon Age 2 comes readily to mind.

Now, some of us have standards, and if you want to settle for less (all Blizzard's announcements about D3 have beenlimitations or what the game cannot be able to do... think about that) on top of BS ethics from the company, and you STILL want to fork over money?  There's a word for people like that.

Fool.

It wouldn't be the first time I've seen a good franchise get borked over.  And I'm sure it will not be the last.

Originally posted by MalevilMaybe they are not worried, but they should. They were doing great games, which made them loyal fan base they have now.It seems they work hard to transform loyal fans just to occasional customers.

D3 will be probably great game from game play perspective, its just retarded that there are issues not related to gameplay itself that will make ppl to not buy it. This is not way of 'old' Blizzard.

None of that will matter once you get your hands on it. Dargon Age 2 sucked because it was a crappy, rushed cash in game. Diablo 3, if anything else, looks done for 3 years now, but it's getting polished to death.

When it comes down to it, it's the gameplay, it's the feel of the thing, it's easy preaching ethics and morality before you actually know how it plays.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

None of that will matter once you get your hands on it. Dargon Age 2 sucked because it was a crappy, rushed cash in game. Diablo 3, if anything else, looks done for 3 years now, but it's getting polished to death.

When it comes down to it, it's the gameplay, it's the feel of the thing, it's easy preaching ethics and morality before you actually know how it plays.

Dungeon Siege III is a prime example of that. I loved the first 2 games and was eagerly awaiting the third. From all the information i read and the videos I watched I was sure id love the new one also, but when i bought it I knew it wasn't the game for me within 10 minutes of playing, it felt just terrible.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

The more quality games of this genre, the better :). I'd buy a Titan's Quest 2 in a heartbeat too :).

Originally posted by Kabaal

Dungeon Siege III is a prime example of that. I loved the first 2 games and was eagerly awaiting the third. From all the information i read and the videos I watched I was sure id love the new one also, but when i bought it I knew it wasn't the game for me within 10 minutes of playing, it felt just terrible.

That's so true, although it is significantly better with a gamepad. Keyboard setup is just unplayable. That's just control wise, can't speak about the rest having not played first two.

• LisXiaLisXia Member Posts: 390

Buying D3 was a no brainer, this is so for years for me.

Till I heard they need constant connection.  I spend the money on Witcher 2 in a heart beat.  Nothing to do with Torchlight or competition.  Blizzard sent me away.

• minttunatorminttunator Member UncommonPosts: 131

Originally posted by BizkitNL

The more quality games of this genre, the better :). I'd buy a Titan's Quest 2 in a heartbeat too :).

The Titan Quest team is currently making a new action RPG called Grim Dawn: http://www.grimdawn.com/

That and Path of Exile are looking pretty good, in addition to Torchlight 2. :)

Originally posted by LisXia

Till I heard they need constant connection.  I spend the money on Witcher 2 in a heart beat.  Nothing to do with Torchlight or competition.  Blizzard sent me away.

I guess you'll just have to torrent it then, right?

• NeikenNeiken Member Posts: 254

Im not going to buy Diablo 3. I might buy Torchlight 2.

Ive been waiting for Diablo 3 for a long time. But the things they've done to D3 just turn me off to it. Using real money to buy gear is crazy in my opinion. Its gonna bring a whole new level to pay to win. I know that you could in D2 from 3rd partys, but having a Blizzard backed AH system in game embraces a trend I never agreed with.

The RMT they added to it was something I never, NEVER expected to see out of Blizzard. I guess its not Blizzard anymore, Its activision using the good name Blizzard built over the years.

Atleast we still have Diablo 2....eheh.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Originally posted by LisXia

I guess you'll just have to torrent it then, right?

That's twice now you've made the assumption that people who don't want to buy it will be so desperate for Blizzard's genius product, that they'll get it some other way.  I'm not interested in Diablo 3 at all.  I'm sure there are others with the same opinion.  Blizzard's new games are not "events" for everyone.  I have never played Starcraft 2, nor do I intend to.

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085

My opinion? At this point, I'd rather wait for Torchlight 2 than buy D3.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• ChackzChackz Member Posts: 76

uhhh obivously both duh winning!

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

I don't want to seem like im in an "ivory tower", but how is it possible that people who hang out on an MMO forum are upset that a game requires constant internet connection. Do you guys not play MMO's?

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085

Originally posted by EndDream

I don't want to seem like im in an "ivory tower", but how is it possible that people who hang out on an MMO forum are upset that a game requires constant internet connection. Do you guys not play MMO's?

Some of us are invovled in situations where we've down time with nothing to do and no internet connection. Personally, I don't think a lack of offline play is a huge issue, but it does effect a number of people. The thing that bothers me the most about it not being available, though, is more the trend of back tracking features, and that's not solely Blizzard's fault.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

I think that would be a valid argument if Diablo 3 was an MMO. But the thing is, its not.

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

Originally posted by romanator0

I think that would be a valid argument if Diablo 3 was an MMO. But the thing is, its not.

I'm not trying to argue I'm trying to understand. I guess Diablo has always been an online game for me. I never saw the point of making offline characters because I wanted to be able to trade, duel and play with other people. Diablo never seemed suited to be a 1 player game IMO. I though the 1st Torchlight was pointless for that reason.

Remember Old School Ultima Online