Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Rift Trial: An Inquisition

LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085

So, I'm a bit confused as to why this would be the case, but after installing and playing the Rift trial to level ten, a good friend of mine informed me that after purchasing the game, if I were to do so, that it would delete that character slot and I would have to start over again. Is this true? Am I just having my leg pulled? If this actually takes place, who the hell in their right mind thought this was a good idea?

I'd like to mention that the levels I have played are exactly like WoW. I mean, aside from the graphics and certain UI elements, this game is almost identical. I also realize that there are other features that don't open until higher levels, like tailored dyes and certain skills that have to do with BG's, but I'm really having trouble seeing what differentiates this game from everything else in existence. Would anyone care to enlighten me as to why this might not be the case?

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

No one expect the Trion inqusition. Our prime weapon is fear. ;)

• BanquetchefBanquetchef Member Posts: 19

Leg pulling is serious business.

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

This is the first I've heard of losing trial characters so I don't blieve it. As for the remainder of your post- while TW obviously didn't just say it outright, Rift is tailored for WoW players that love WoW but have exhausted the available content. It gives them all the PvE play available in WoW in a package they can easily digest.

• NytrisNytris Member Posts: 42

I don't remember losing my trail character.

As for the wow thing. Yeah its pretty much the same on many topics, but the major invasions that occur are tons of fun. The leveling content is worth the money. If the end game is too boring for you, then at least you had fun leveling and end it there.

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

Not to point out the obvious, but that WoW feel was done on purpose. It is supposed to basically let you adjust to the game until you get your first 3 souls and experiment with a soul combo you like while leveling.

Ward drobe slot starts at level 1 I think. Goto character screen and the tab is there. Also dying armor does also. The guy is in the back of Sanctum or in the vendors around Meridian.

They do not delete your character btw

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085

Thanks for the replies, gang. I'm still trying to determine if this is worth a purchase, because I'm pretty tired of the hub based level grind, and later the item grind that comes with playing competitively. None the less, the game looks great, and if my trial character will still be there if I do decide to buy it then I'm much more open to the idea of playing another game that offers something I've done before. It's a rare occassion when something wins me over on style alone: it really is aesthetically pleasing.

<3

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• thorwoodthorwood Member Posts: 485

I kept both of my characters when I went from the free trial to buying the game.

Also, the Collectors Edition gives a free mount and some other goodies to every character you create, including your existing characters.