Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DC Merging server's. Thank . You!

Joshua69Joshua69 Member UncommonPosts: 953

This is amazing, so amazing in fact - I will come back and play. I never really saw server merging as a weakness, so much as, the dev's fixing a HUGE MMO problem - lack of players.

Comments

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by Joshua69

This is amazing, so amazing in fact - I will come back and play. I never really saw server merging as a weakness, so much as, the dev's fixing a HUGE MMO problem - lack of players.

What caused the lack of players to begin with? Has THAT been fixed?

• morbitangelmorbitangel Member UncommonPosts: 70

you just made me fall of my couch from laughing as the person above me posted what was it again why there was a lack of players? has it been fixed? i doubt it lol

• Joshua69Joshua69 Member UncommonPosts: 953

DC has a different "feel" of play. I'm guessing a majority of people don't like. So they left, even people who played and left agreed it is a good game, just not their thing. My personal complaint was that it simply needed more content, which, in theory, will be added over time.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

There are a lot more reasons that personal preference and lack of content that have caused this games decline.

As for the theory that enough content will be added over time, the current pace of content addition is roughly an hour or two worth of new gameplay every two months.  Things have fallen very short of the claims of monthly and massive content updates, most of which are just existing areas of the game reworked into a slightly different encounter.  Seven months after release and the game still barely has enough content to fill up the first free month of a new account. 

The server mergers at this point are to little to late.  They might have done some good 4-5 months ago, but they do not directly address the issues that have caused the majority of players to leave the game.   Closing servers at this point is more akin to the game heading towards life support status than it is about making it a healthy game.  Again, because it doesn't address any of the issues that caused so many people to leave.

• morbitangelmorbitangel Member UncommonPosts: 70

the biggest slap in the face imo was this latest dlc they released.

the game is falling short on content you cant keep your promise of monthly updates but yet you try to have your customers who already pay a to heavy sub also pay for this dlc?

thats the last straw that personally turned me off, i was still following the game partly before that in hopes of maybe someday returning but meh

wow, that rly is b.s. I wan't to pay again so bad, but, $14.99 for isn't worth it, why can't it just be $7.99?

• JudasaceJudasace Member Posts: 53

DC has a different "feel" of play. I'm guessing a majority of people don't like. So they left, even people who played and left agreed it is a good game, just not their thing. My personal complaint was that it simply needed more content, which, in theory, will be added over time.

DCUO has a different feel alright...It feels like SoE is grabbing me by the hair, bending me over and violating my personal space in a very impolite manner.

Other "feelings"...

Bugs go unfixed for months

Limited content (3 - 4 days of play time TOPS)

Charging for extra raids/powers when the content is so limited and the game has only been out 8 months

Not releasing promised content updates, which was their whole basis for charging a sub fee.

Sorry, but the whole game is a con job. If it was F2P it might be something to spend a little on and mess around in the DCU, but to have a box price and sub fee that's the same as AAA MMOs that are much better from both a technical and content point of view?

No thanks.

well, I reactivated my account and I was pleasently suprised at the population! Also, there have been one or two changes to the UI, which were welcomed. I wasn't playing to long but, I am looking forward to logging in again

• bverjibverji Member UncommonPosts: 722

Originally posted by Judasace

DCUO has a different feel alright...It feels like SoE is grabbing me by the hair, bending me over and violating my personal space in a very impolite manner.

Other "feelings"...

Charging for extra raids/powers when the content is so limited and the game has only been out 8 months

Not releasing promised content updates, which was their whole basis for charging a sub fee.

Sorry, but the whole game is a con job. If it was F2P it might be something to spend a little on and mess around in the DCU, but to have a box price and sub fee that's the same as AAA MMOs that are much better from both a technical and content point of view?

No thanks.

This. In short I liked the game and would of stayed with it if SOE wouldn't insist on being a POS company.

• xsidurax22xsidurax22 Member Posts: 21

The saddest thing is that I enjoyed the game before the merge but now it runs like crap.  So even people like me that have subbed since the beginning and have played regularly with leagues are getting turned off by this latest move.  Now that the servers are merged there are all kinds of technical problems.  Normally, I would think, "Hey this is normal, it will all get ironed out in a day or two," but we all know that is simply not going to happen with this game.  There are nagging bugs that have been in the game since launch and perhaps before that -- I don't know, I didn't play in beta.  Combat in open-world pvp is nigh-unplayable due to heavy server load lag, which to me, was the whole appeal of going to a merge (open-world pvp with loads of players).  And instances are not popping any more quickly than before. Yup, I'm disappointed.  I'm one of the few who really liked the game the way it was.  Oh well.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Good luck, merging servers in SWG didn't fix their problems, won't likely fix in this one. :)

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by xsidurax22
    The saddest thing is that I enjoyed the game before the merge but now it runs like crap.  So even people like me that have subbed since the beginning and have played regularly with leagues are getting turned off by this latest move.  Now that the servers are merged there are all kinds of technical problems.  Normally, I would think, "Hey this is normal, it will all get ironed out in a day or two," but we all know that is simply not going to happen with this game.  There are nagging bugs that have been in the game since launch and perhaps before that -- I don't know, I didn't play in beta.  Combat in open-world pvp is nigh-unplayable due to heavy server load lag, which to me, was the whole appeal of going to a merge (open-world pvp with loads of players).  And instances are not popping any more quickly than before. Yup, I'm disappointed.  I'm one of the few who really liked the game the way it was.  Oh well.

Kinda reminds me when SOE pickedu p Matrix Online and merged servers shortly after, the game then ran like crap and lost more players.

I haven't played extensively yet or anything but I haven't had any lag issues.

This sadden's me greatly though :(

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Thanks for posting - interesting info no doubt, and as sookste54 pointed out, not uncommon from previous SOE games.

I'm curious - how many players in an area did it take to lag you out (roughly of course) - 25? 50? 100? Just curious as to how many people it took before it effected you.

• kartanakartana Member UncommonPosts: 148

They really need a trial version for PC.

• BeaumanBeauman Member UncommonPosts: 142

Not only a heck of a lot more random lag spikes, but also a heck of a lot more DC'ing.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Originally posted by Judasace

Other "feelings"...

No thanks.

3 or 4 days topps I guess if you did not read the quests and did not engage in PvP than 12 hours a day for 4 days sure, I prefer not to race but to savor the game and as a combat game it is excellent , the big prob I have with MMO is the combat which in most cases with the exception of this game, city of heroes and AOC is that its boring

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

I wan't to pay again so bad, but, $14.99 for isn't worth it, why can't it just be $7.99?

if you pay for 3 months in advance, its 9.99 a month

http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/pricing/