Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Champions Online: July 2011 Ask Cryptic

Late last month, Robobo took some questions from the Cryptic/Champions Online community about the game and so very much more. Read along as they address questions about comics, game tweaks, the Steam achievement list, the new PvP map and more.

Q: What is the ETA on the next comic series?

A: Work on the next Comic Series begins next week. Each Issue in a comic series takes approximately 14 days to complete and we are planning on 5-6 Issue per Comic Series. The current release date is 11/1. We are working on streamlining the process so we can get new series out to you sooner. Currently we have 1 group dedicated to the Comic Series and plan to get another group starting on another Comic Series to reduce the wait between each Comic Series. That second group is currently working on some top secret Confrontation “rumbles” and other soon to be announced events.

Read all of the Questions at the Official Champions Online Website.

Comments

• randyrko45randyrko45 Member Posts: 1

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

A real question is when or if they will ever focus on pvp, and by pvp I mean balance and  a proper ladder system. Too many archetypes pale in comparison to other archetypes of the same role, and allowing late joiners in pvp needs to be taken out.

Meh why bother, everyone knows  that all super hero mmo's are total RP fests.

• RevivialRevivial Member Posts: 194

I enjoyed the last comic series more then the Adventure Packs they charge for. 

Glade they are continuing to produce more.

"I swear -- by my life and my love for it -- that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."
    - John Galt

• depaindepain Member Posts: 263

This is my honest question to cryptic:

Question: Cryptic. Why do you insist on nickel & diming your player base? Does it not cause bad report?

I really don't like cryptic. Bad games + cash-shop schemes and incentives = no thanks.

• fionanshrekfionanshrek Member Posts: 104

Bah I have given up on a vast majority of "print" Q&A's they hand pick the questions and you never get the answers you are looking for.

Only question I want an answer from them for is the same one Depain asked.

• RevivialRevivial Member Posts: 194

Originally posted by fionanshrek

Bah I have given up on a vast majority of "print" Q&A's they hand pick the questions and you never get the answers you are looking for.

Only question I want an answer from them for is the same one Depain asked.

They let you play 6 ATs, customizable avatar, join supergroups, whisper, talk in general, go from 1-40, max any profession, let you play through the new comic book series, do all the open world missions all for free.

If you pay the sub you can make a freeform toon, do the adventure packs, form supergroups, access to more costume pieces, a hideout and are given 400 Atari points or whatever they call them monthly.

The game maybe lacking, but they give you a lot for free if you can handle the restrictions, like less bag space.

"I swear -- by my life and my love for it -- that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."
    - John Galt