Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Blizzard Grabs for Cash

Comments

• ftAnPucr9ftAnPucr9 Member Posts: 26

All you rmt haters will be chocked what the futere will bring into games. Business sells. It's gonna be business.

• sldropsldrop Member Posts: 112

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBrESZJlNvQ

lol u can sell gold for real money too

also if u sell a item bliz will charge u 3X before u get ur money lol 

FUN STUFF

• DerWotanDerWotan Member Posts: 1,012

Well since someone brought it up, Biowar€(a)

DA 2 utter crap and even BW devs admitted they didn't have enough time, cause of €A pressure. http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/141/index/6465400/1

Mass Effect 3 has been delayed due too €A wanting more action, less RPG (so even more FPS style than  ME 2  already had). http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/04/mass-effect-3-delayed/

DA 1 has also been delayed cause €A  wanted the launch day being the same on all plattforms. http://www.shacknews.com/article/57070/dragon-age-origins-pc-delayed

I think we don't need to talk about Blizzard, everyone know they are Activi$ioned (supporting RMT, removing deep gameplay in ALL  games,  horrible customer support, no mods, singleplayer, lan).

Wanna know the reason why? Look here http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/31/report-activision-reshuffles-execs-in-us-uk-layoffs-result/

conclusion both studios aren't free to do what they did best years ago,  they are  now victims of modern sweatshop corperation and we all know €A and Activi$ion are as evil as it gets.

So forget the Blizzard and Bioware stuff we all loved, both studios will never be the same unless the kick out their owners...

We need a MMORPG Cataclysm asap, finish the dark age of MMORPGS now!

"Everything you're bitching about is wrong. People don't have the time to invest in corpse runs, impossible zones, or long winded quests. Sometimes, they just want to pop on and play."
    "Then maybe MMORPGs aren't for you."

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

Most diablo fan boys will support almost anything blizzard does. jeez they put up with WOW all these years they will support this also. I guess they don't see what else it will allow in the game down the road,they just wanna play D3.

This is just the start if this is allowed by the fans. it will be the start of something game changing in my view.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Originally posted by jeremyjodes

Most diablo fan boys will support almost anything blizzard does. jeez they put up with WOW all these years they will support this also. I guess they don't see what else it will allow in the game down the road,they just wanna play D3.

This is just the start if this is allowed by the fans. it will be the start of something game changing in my view.

Honestly, this might be a good thing (at least for us consumers). This is almost exactly like what happened with SOE. They used to be a pretty popular company (though that was so long ago. most MMO players dont remember). However, SOE started getting greedy with their games, pulling out more and more obvious ploys to try and milk cash out of their games. Now people don't buy games just because it's backed by SOE. This tends to happen with larger franchizes. They don't generally lose out to another franchize, but rather gradually lose steam / drop the ball themselves. Thus giving other companies some breathing room to actually produce good, competitive products.

• gakulegakule Member UncommonPosts: 92
    @Bastyani

Your argument is not valid. Each 'game' will be instanced. You will not have to 'fight off a farmer' in a game which is password protected. Read up on the game.
  • CookieTimeCookieTime Member Posts: 353

It seems that most fans are not only indifferent to this subject, but are actually pro RMT. Looks like Blizz can really do anything they like. Oh well..

Eat me!

• ftAnPucr9ftAnPucr9 Member Posts: 26

Since Blizz now control the flow of money in and out of the account they will easily see who is a bot. If some average Joe in Europe is handling huge money transactions they can investigate and see why.

• UrzaElentUrzaElent Member Posts: 104

Originally posted by AKASlaphappy

Originally posted by UrzaElent

Replies like these really make my day, time for some fun. Lets start with your first rant. A real simple fix for that issure would be to put some type of hidden serial numbering system on items when they are picked up that Blizz can track. Heres a pretend case. I get hacked and my gear gets jacked. Blizz makes a log of the serial numbers of the gear that was linked to my account when it was hacked and starts tracking them to see when they pop up. Hacker puts my stolen gear on the AH and bam, Blizz catches him when when the numbers for the stolen gear pops up on the AH. Hell if the always on internet setup they are going to put in they wouldnt even have to wait that long, just do a scan on the server and find the numbers that way.

Now onto youre second paragraph. So you said so yourself you have no interest in either the game or the company that is making it so why go into a thread about a game and a company that you have no interest in other than to be a troll with no life who doesnt add anything positive or constructive to the conversation at all?

Last paragraph and my favorite. Love how these no life, spineless, have to hide inside cause they will melt if hit by sunlight trolls love to talk @Q%^!. First,wtf do you care if or how much any one uses the real cash AH in D3? Remember, you dont care about the game anyways and its not like you're gonna be playing it so how about you just put your fist in your mouth and just stfu, kay? As for the whole wimps comment, that must have taken some huge balls bro to go online and talk shit while hiding in your mommas basement on your computer. At least you did something worth while and gave me something to laugh with my buddies about, tyvm, byebye, :). Always love the chance to troll a troll.

Well the first part is a possibility, but if that is so easy to do why have they not done it on WoW. Believe it or not accounts still get hacked on WoW. Who knows maybe they will introduce something like this in the future.

Oh yes because anyone that posts that does not share your view is a troll. Maybe I posted because I am interested in gaming and what Blizzard is doing with their digital e-bay is going to eventually affect all of gaming if it is successful. But do not hurt your brain with that one; I would not want your “everyone that is not a fan of Blizzard and share your views is a low life” theory to end here. Also I think it is funny that you think posting on an internet forum and being a self-righteous fan doesn’t make you a low life. We have different definitions of the word apparently.   

Yes but I do care how it is going to effect the industry! Is that really so hard for your small brain, that thinks cussing every other word makes you cool, to understand? How about you take your own advice since the only one I see trolling here is you, MR. tough guy! And the bad part is I wasted my time to respond to you twice now because I thought you were an adult, and not a child. Well now I know better, thanks for clearing that up.

LOL, love it when trolls cry troll. So your idea of a response is to come into a thread that you make perfectly clear you couldnt care less about, add nothing to the conversation/debate or positive value and then end your sad little rant about how others are wimps if they dont behave the way you want them to. Here's a little bit of advice, if you dont want to be treated like a little s*&^%, dont act like one in the first place.

I dont think this will stop the 3rd party AH . Why would people give bliz their cut?

There a fee to put item  in AH, a fee when the item sold and a fee to withdraw your money.

I im sorry all those fee add up. I bet its way cheaper to buy from a 3rd party and make more money selling to 3rd party.

• marquisk2marquisk2 Member Posts: 141

Originally posted by sldrop

I dont think this will stop the 3rd party AH . Why would people give bliz their cut?

There a fee to put item  in AH, a fee when the item sold and a fee to withdraw your money.

I im sorry all those fee add up. I bet its way cheaper to buy from a 3rd party and make more money selling to 3rd party.

I wouldn't give them a cut that's for sure.   Well at least I won't be buying D3 to support them.

• AKASlaphappyAKASlaphappy Member UncommonPosts: 800

Originally posted by UrzaElent

LOL, love it when trolls cry troll. So your idea of a response is to come into a thread that you make perfectly clear you couldnt care less about, add nothing to the conversation/debate or positive value and then end your sad little rant about how others are wimps if they dont behave the way you want them to. Here's a little bit of advice, if you dont want to be treated like a little s*&^%, dont act like one in the first place.

I never said I did not care about the thread or what it covers I said I do not care what happens to this individual game. There is a huge difference and if you cannot grasp that, then I really feel sorry for you and your small little view of life. And that is your own very limited opinion that I did not add anything to the conversation, and personally I could care less what your opinion is. I got some advice for you to, why don’t you grow up and start acting like an adult instead of a child, and actually try to have an intelligent conversation!

And if you cannot manage that I could care less, I do not give a damn what some child thinks, when he cannot even carry on a conversation without resorting to little kid tactics.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Originally posted by razrwolf

When I first heard about it I was stunned, and after several seconds I became indifferent. Diablo has always had people who sell items for cash, the fact that they are going to make it safe and secure to do so would be well worth them getting a cut if you choose to do so. So many of you are acting like this will be forced upon you or something. You do realize there will also be a seperate AH using gold right? And Im betting alot of people wont even use that. Get over it already.

If you mean they won't use the in-game auction house, I agree.  Anything of actual value will go up for RMT because the lure of easy money will see to it.  What you'll see in the in-game house will be the trash.

Besides, this makes a difference how?  The farming operations will continue to do what they always have, except now they'll they'll have a much larger market to sell to, their activities have been authorized by Blizz/Act and they won't even need to put up and maintain their own web presence to run their filthy business.  The game now gives them the means to sell their cheap loot with a sizable reduction to overhead, so long as they pay their 'taxes'.  Big win for them, same shit for us.

Actually, the only real difference between now and before is that Blizz/Act gets to reap sizable profits from what was once considered to be an illegitimate activity.  Also, a big win for them.

This change is completely self-serving and in no way improves the quality of the game for anyone *except* those losers who would have had to take a big risk by dealing with illegal farming operations online because they were willing to buy their way to victory.  This protects the cheating scum more than it protects players who were honest to start with.  Why the hell is this considered a good thing by players?

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

Inflamatory article is inflamatory.

This is just silly now. Let me break it down for people who don't have all the details and are making a mountain out of a molehill:

1. Diablo 3 is completely instanced (just like Diablo 2) so now matter what anyone else is doing (farming runs, camping bosees, etc), it has NOTHING TO DO with your gaming experience

2. Diablo 2 had NO AUCTION HOUSE at all, yet still had websites and services for powerlevelling and buying the best items in the game for real money. These services were completely non-integrated in the game and people were ripped off all the time.

3. You DON'T HAVE to buy from, sell through, or even look at the Auction House. With enough time and enough runs through bosses and maps, you CAN find anything you want - it may just take a lot of patience. The AH just provides an alternate way of obtaining these items and/or selling the ones you don't want need - with the potential of making a few $$$.

Originally posted by Talin

Inflamatory article is inflamatory.

This is just silly now. Let me break it down for people who don't have all the details and are making a mountain out of a molehill:

1. Diablo 3 is completely instanced (just like Diablo 2) so now matter what anyone else is doing (farming runs, camping bosees, etc), it has NOTHING TO DO with your gaming experience

2. Diablo 2 had NO AUCTION HOUSE at all, yet still had websites and services for powerlevelling and buying the best items in the game for real money. These services were completely non-integrated in the game and people were ripped off all the time.

3. You DON'T HAVE to buy from, sell through, or even look at the Auction House. With enough time and enough runs through bosses and maps, you CAN find anything you want - it may just take a lot of patience. The AH just provides an alternate way of obtaining these items and/or selling the ones you don't want need - with the potential of making a few $$$.

1) im not 100% sure but wasnt there drop limits? like XYZ weapon can only drop once a month. 24/7 farmer bottter/hacker just to make money will get higher chance. No one will be playing more then them.

2 there was no Ah but there was still items trades going on. GOING to powerleveling and item selling services is wrong. Good people get rip off. Like Wow, get caught buying gold or power lvl u get ban. Thats it, D3 should be the same.

3 ur right u dont have to buy from AH but that dosnt make it right to have in the game. This just going to be like those asian free to play game Pay2win. If this wasnt D3 title and company Blizzard on it i bet no one will even touch this game.

Just like free2play game with mad gold farmer the gold farmer control the price of the market so there will be no point  of having AH in D3.

For those who wnat Pay2win there already alot of game out there and u dont even need to pay 50$ to play. For those who want to make money of this game ....join a chinese farmer company.

This is a game people should just play and not worry about money

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

Originally posted by Aeolron

I just don't know if it's a smart move or a stupid one. By turning everyone into gold sellers, the market is going to be inflated to the point that going to the so called " black market sites " will be a way to rectify that issue.

How do you figure this. The law of supply and demand for one is totally against your theory.

Before Gold sellers had the market cornered they were the only ones able to effectively sell items and did so at inflated prices because they basically had a monopoly.

Now any and every casual player will be able to sell items  giving a huge supply while most of us simply won't be into buying virtual items thus demand stays the same. Chinese gold sellers will hate this as they will no longer be able to command hundred or thousand dollar prices for what the average joe will sell for 5 bucks. Also note that the OP leaves out the fact Blizzard has stated they will be giving all players some free posting's weekly so if the average player doesn't go crazy post ing he/she will be paying nothing to post and only a flat rate on anything they sell.

Yes a flat rate. if Blizzard was really in this for a profit they'd be taking a percentage cut not a flat rate. Sure a 25 cent flat fee per sell seems like alot if you sell each item for a dollar. but then if you get really lucky and get a super rare drop that sells for 25 dollars that 25 cent fee is .001%

Blizzard has stated they probably will only break even something the OP left out either because he didn't believe it like most of the tinfoil hat crowd (ie sure theres no such thiog as banking fees or money exchange fees the money will just go from buyer to seller magically)or simply because it didn't fit his sensationalizem. Fine you don't have to believe in what blizzard says but anyone with half a brain can see that if they were in it for the cash they would be taking a percentage cut.

In ending if Blizzard hadn't taken these measures thered be rampart gold farming / gold seller spam in every open game by the professionals. Now at least with the AH most of us can go into a open game and not be lagged out by gold seller spam 24/7. We in fact can ignore the AH button all together. Guess people really love their chinese gold farmers though that they want to make sure the Gold sellers maintain their Monopoly

Originally posted by winter

Originally posted by Aeolron

I just don't know if it's a smart move or a stupid one. By turning everyone into gold sellers, the market is going to be inflated to the point that going to the so called " black market sites " will be a way to rectify that issue.

How do you figure this. The law of supply and demand for one is totally against your theory.

Before Gold sellers had the market cornered they were the only ones able to effectively sell items and did so at inflated prices because they basically had a monopoly.

Now any and every casual player will be able to sell items  giving a huge supply while most of us simply won't be into buying virtual items thus demand stays the same. Chinese gold sellers will hate this as they will no longer be able to command hundred or thousand dollar prices for what the average joe will sell for 5 bucks. Also note that the OP leaves out the fact Blizzard has stated they will be giving all players some free posting's weekly so if the average player doesn't go crazy post ing he/she will be paying nothing to post and only a flat rate on anything they sell.

Yes a flat rate. if Blizzard was really in this for a profit they'd be taking a percentage cut not a flat rate. Sure a 25 cent flat fee per sell seems like alot if you sell each item for a dollar. but then if you get really lucky and get a super rare drop that sells for 25 dollars that 25 cent fee is .001%

Blizzard has stated they probably will only break even something the OP left out either because he didn't believe it like most of the tinfoil hat crowd (ie sure theres no such thiog as banking fees or money exchange fees the money will just go from buyer to seller magically)or simply because it didn't fit his sensationalizem. Fine you don't have to believe in what blizzard says but anyone with half a brain can see that if they were in it for the cash they would be taking a percentage cut.

In ending if Blizzard hadn't taken these measures thered be rampart gold farming / gold seller spam in every open game by the professionals. Now at least with the AH most of us can go into a open game and not be lagged out by gold seller spam 24/7. We in fact can ignore the AH button all together. Guess people really love their chinese gold farmers though that they want to make sure the Gold sellers maintain their Monopoly

Gold seller will always have the monoply. They will control the price l..the gold they once control will now just real money. Tehy ahve mor eman power more real money. They can set price for the market. 

And u bet u wont be able to sell items for 5$ with all the fee and stuff if u sell items for 5$ at the end u get like 1$. There is a fee to put items in Ah ..and if the item dont sell u lose real money. Even if the item sell u have to pay another fee for selling it. Want the money in ur hand? there another fee to withdraw.

There will be still MAd Spwam!! on gold seller and power lvl. u know y?  They can sell it cheaper then AH price!!!. If u  dont sell through AH u will save more!!

Originally posted by Bastyani

I quit Lineage 2 for the very same reason. Farmers simply camped and owned places where best items (and most expensive) dropped so they could sell them on Ebay.

What will prevent farmers now to camp places like that to collect all the best items and sell them regulary (this time) on market. And believe me, there is no guild that can fight off these farmers as I'm talking about 100+ organised people who work for their *BOSS* in some shady place.

People will buy the game. Firstly because it Blizzard and secondly because its probably good.

But once  realising they cant get items they want simply because of farmers, unless they say hello to the little thing called Mastercard or Visa. Rage quit is inevitable.

Blizzard, wake up! You are going the wrong way! Billions aren't good enough for you? You want trillions?

its not a MMO. one can simply make a game and password protect it so only you and your friends can play how will gold farmers camp the spots then?

Gold farmers can have 100's of workers becasue they have a monopoly and can charge hundreds of dollars per item.

With the rules of supply and demand, everyone of of D3's millions of players can market at least some items weekly for free, thus giving a huge supply. Most will be willing to sell at very normal to low prices as its just a game for them for fun not a business. Chinese gold farmers will not be able to compete and know it. they will try their hardest to over turn Blizzards plan so the Monopoloy returns to the greedy gold selling bastards and remove again any power from the actual player base

• semajinsemajin Member UncommonPosts: 47

There will ALSO be an IN-GAME CURRENCY OPTION for this Auction House. How are uninformed people this bloody dense and loud?

Doc

• arnaki3000arnaki3000 Member UncommonPosts: 66

this was going to happen with or without blizzard's blessings and there is nothing we can do.

Maybe its better this way

• shozikushoziku Member UncommonPosts: 95

I've always suspected blizzard of working with the chinese gold farmers to increase revenue.  This is clearly another such venture.  Hey it makes money, they don't care how they get it.  Blizzard made the first stupid move by forcing your username to be your email address, what a bad move.  that gave the hackers and farmers a BIG head start at cracking accounts.  But like I said, I think they're working *with* them and not against them.

and it was said before but bears repeating... gold farmers will out-camp the normal players that just want to have fun.

The only way I will play Diablo is locally or on my own network.  I never had an interest to play on battle.net and I never will.  It was more of a poor man's rinkidink MMO, but the fun in diablo was local play, not online.

Originally posted by crazynanny

I'd understand peeps being naive and raging over forums, but mmorpg.com joining them? Oh well never had big expectations anyways. Some things You missed in article or stated plain wrong. Here's my list for that and come comments below:

1. Blizz will give some free listings weekly so casual sellers don't have to pay a dime for selling items.

2. Expecting Blizz to maintain huge chunk of multiplayer servers, staff for them, staff for support hacked people, GMs for banning RMT/farmers and players and all that for one time box sale with no monthly fee was ubernaive.

3. This is not an MMO, but a lobby game. Anyone but hardcore PvP players won't be affected by RMAH if they don't want to. Those into PvP would have to deal with people who bought gear via websites like d2jsp, now they have legal alternative + ability to sell items.

4. No offline play is bad, but it hides a lot of code from hackers and that's one of major reasons to do it.

5. Anyone who seriously played diablo 2 know all those issues and is perfectly aware that everything is a result of blizz experience, rather than money grab.

This!

Sadly it shows many of MMORPG,COM posters and even its staff are out of touch, or ill informed

• dtportnoy69dtportnoy69 Member Posts: 28

Am I the only one excited by this? I used to sell items on eBay back in the day in D2 and it made the game more worthwhile and exciting for me. Have fun and maybe make a couple of bucks? Sure why not. 

Each game is instanced so camping is limited to the players in each game. In D2 alot of times you'd create an open game someone would go in and kill Mephisto right away, so camping was a bit of an issue back then as well, but creating a new game and trying again was so quick it didn't really matter too much.

My only concern is competing to make a decent buck with chinese farmers who are payed to play around the clock. If Blizzard can somehow find a way to block these guys out that would be great. Maybe force chinese players to play on Asian servers etc...

I like the idea, and I hope they implement this right so us NOT CHINESE FARMER players can make some money while having fun. But who knows...

It will be interesting!

Originally posted by shoziku

I've always suspected blizzard of working with the chinese gold farmers to increase revenue.  This is clearly another such venture.  Hey it makes money, they don't care how they get it.  Blizzard made the first stupid move by forcing your username to be your email address, what a bad move.  that gave the hackers and farmers a BIG head start at cracking accounts.  But like I said, I think they're working *with* them and not against them.

and it was said before but bears repeating... gold farmers will out-camp the normal players that just want to have fun.

The only way I will play Diablo is locally or on my own network.  I never had an interest to play on battle.net and I never will.  It was more of a poor man's rinkidink MMO, but the fun in diablo was local play, not online.

Simply put 2 million+  average players will out do 20k gold farmers any day. The fact that you think one can camp a spawn point in a instanced game like D3 (which is not a MMO like linage or EQ2) shows you really have no idea what your talking about

• AKASlaphappyAKASlaphappy Member UncommonPosts: 800

Originally posted by winter

Also note that the OP leaves out the fact Blizzard has stated they will be giving all players some free posting's weekly so if the average player doesn't go crazy post ing he/she will be paying nothing to post and only a flat rate on anything they sell.

Here you go

Originally posted by AKASlaphappy

You make it sound as if players will get free listing for the life of the game that is not what the FAQ says: Please note that we plan to waive the listing portion of the fee for a limited number of transactions per account.

Limited number of transactions per account, not weekly, wonder what that means can you super genius Blizzard lovers explain that to us. Oh I love it, the irony of Blizzard fans telling the people on MMORPG to read up because they do not know what they are talking about, and the Blizzard fans have not even read the FAQ!