Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Overwolf: Keeping you Connected

Comments

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

Thanks but I will stick with Raptr.

• bakagamibakagami Member UncommonPosts: 152

Originally posted by SlyLoK

Thanks but I will stick with Raptr.

it's kind of an apple & oranges thing.  Raptr is a social network that connects to other social networks.  Overwolf is just an ingame applet that lets you connect to your social networks & capture & post vids & screens (would like to see it post to Raptr actually) no reason you couldn't use both. 

• SHJordanSHJordan Member UncommonPosts: 2

So... I didnt find this anywhere... list of supported games anybody? Does it fully supports Rift?

• sungodrasungodra Member Posts: 1,376

Sounds good...Bout to download this thing right now.

"When it comes to GW2 any game is fair game"

Well, so far it looks pretty cool. Is there a way to add an application that I want to run to it?

For example, I like to play music while I game sometimes, so it would be nice If i could add my file sharing app (Ares) to this thing so I can play songs I want without having to alt tab.

If this is not possible you should consider it .

Meh, I have this and I am trying to use it on rift but it isnt working...

• kattehuskattehus Member UncommonPosts: 375

Hmhm. It all sounds very nice and all.

But without replies to all the tinfoilhat-posts, I'll wait a little before getting this.

Besides, I usually play windowed-mode (multibox, don't bother alt-tabbing).

I am, however, very intrigued about the video-recording. I just hope it's a decent quality (and without too much lag).

|< I 1 1 I |\| 6 _ Z 0 |\/| 8 I 3 5 _ 5 I |\| C 3 _ 1 9 9 0
    -Actively playing Eve.
    Follow my tweet (:
  • DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

I downloaded it. I'm pretty into the whole in-game social media + in-game chat. However, I would like more MMO's added to it.

• N2stinctN2stinct Member Posts: 14

Please add Battlefield 2 to the list of games. I think this is a very usefull program but when it isn't working in the games I play the most it becomes useless to me.

• P4r4D19mP4r4D19m Member Posts: 5

This might actually help me not lose my girlfriend Lol. Since, I can talk with her still while playing my MMOs. Thank you Overwolf. Much Love.

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

As a guild leader I am looking for the following

1.) AOL, Gtalk, Yahoo

2.) Access to Teamspeak ,Ventrillo, Mumble. 

3.) Flash support in the web browser 

Question: How long does the video recorder last for? Can I upload these to you tube in the application or from a folder? 

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

I just answered my own questions- you guys have everything I need. I will tell my guild obscurilateris.com 

• gr6i6m6reapegr6i6m6reape Member Posts: 37

I agree. after the  /// Ugg kieddies///

• overwolfoverwolf Member Posts: 51

Originally posted by SHJordan

So... I didnt find this anywhere... list of supported games anybody? Does it fully supports Rift?

Hey SHJordan - thank you for your comments :)

A list of supported games is just about to be published on our website (will be available under support). You can also find it within the application itself under SettingsGames (to open the settings window click on the ranch tool button next to the main dock icon).

As for Rift, it is currently supported under windows7 / Vista. We included support for XP in the coming update, which is just around the corner (a matter of days).

Thanks again,

Alon

Overwolf support

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

It was cool for the 1st day.. and then I restarted the PC. Every time I restart, OW fails to startup, it askes for admin confirmation for some update. Every time!

Also, there is no auto-update option (is it automatic?).

The download file should contain the version number (like any other utility program on the planet).

Originally posted by sungodra

Well, so far it looks pretty cool. Is there a way to add an application that I want to run to it?

For example, I like to play music while I game sometimes, so it would be nice If i could add my file sharing app (Ares) to this thing so I can play songs I want without having to alt tab.

If this is not possible you should consider it .

Hi sungodra,

Thank you for your feedback! Overwolf is all about building the most friendly and useful app for gamers. Your feedback is important to us and will be considered.

I can tell you that we are planning to add a music player in the coming versions so stay tuned :)

Alon

Overwolf support

Originally posted by sungodra

Meh, I have this and I am trying to use it on rift but it isnt working...

Sorry about that...

What OS are you running?

Rift is currently supported in Windows7 / Vista. We added XP support in the coming version which is about to be published in 2-3 days.

If you're still having a problem, please drop us a line on our forum so we could it sort it out.

Thanks for your interest,

Alon 

Overwolf support

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Meh.. just went to install overwolf and it said it couldnt detect microsoft.net application..  guess thats a fail then image

Originally posted by kattehus

I am, however, very intrigued about the video-recording. I just hope it's a decent quality (and without too much lag).

Hey kattehus,

We've just made some significant improvements to the video recording feature, all of which will be available in the next version (should be published in a few days).

In the coming version, we've added a Full-Size recording option (woo hoo!). This means you can record your game at maximum quality (the resolution of your video will match the resolution of your game). In addition we've added an option for you to specify a custom frame rate (FPS).

If you're into video recording, plz check us out... ;)

Alon

Overwolf support

Originally posted by Lateris

I just answered my own questions- you guys have everything I need. I will tell my guild obscurilateris.com 

Thank you very much Lateris!

I don't want to say too much, but I can tell you the TeamSpeak support is not far away ;)

Stay tuned...

Alon

Overwolf Support

Originally posted by Phry

Meh.. just went to install overwolf and it said it couldnt detect microsoft.net application..  guess thats a fail then image

Hi Meh,

Overwolf is based on microsoft.net technology and needs it to be installed on your computer in order to run. The .net framework is normally included when you install windows, but in some cases it is not. 

Please download and install the microsoft .net framework version 3.5, and then install Overwolf.

Thanks for your interest (and sorry for the hassle...)

Alon

Overwolf Support

Originally posted by BTrayaL

It was cool for the 1st day.. and then I restarted the PC. Every time I restart, OW fails to startup, it askes for admin confirmation for some update. Every time!

Also, there is no auto-update option (is it automatic?).

The download file should contain the version number (like any other utility program on the planet).

Hey BTrayaL,

Let me try and clear thing up:

1) Admin confirmation- The admin confirmation is required in order to support some games that run in a special mode called admin mode (Overwolf checks whether you have an "admin game" installed, and if you do, the admin confirmation window will pop-up).

This is not a failure, but rather a normal behavior for the scenario mentioned above. However, we realize this message might be very annoying, and we're working hard to eliminate it...

BTW, these messages are affected by your User Account Control Level, which you can change if you choose to do so. (Changing the UAC to "Never Notify" will eliminate these messages). Please note that the UAC settings affect other application as well, and it is entirely up to you whether to change them.

2) Automatic updates  - Overwolf checks for new updates each time you run it, and it automatically updates itself.

3)  Version number - Can be found under SettingsGeneralAbout. (click on the tool-ranch button next to the main dock button to open the settings window. Click on the General category and then click on the about button)

Hopes this helps,

Alon

Overwolf support

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

Originally posted by overwolf

Originally posted by BTrayaL

3)  Version number - Can be found under SettingsGeneralAbout. (click on the tool-ranch button next to the main dock button to open the settings window. Click on the General category and then click on the about button)

I know where to find the version of what I have already installed, it's pretty standard for every program out there.

I was talking about a version number in the actual file you are downloading for an install.

For example "mmorpginstaller_0.17.122.exe" instead of just "mmorpginstaller.exe".

Also, as I was saying, a tick option for "auto-updates", and the option to look for an update whenever I want to (maybe I keep my PC on for a week without restarts, what then, no updates?).

As I am writing, there is no info about version changes. The latest I could find is version 0.15.115 on the forums (sticky), and I have version 0.17.122

P.S. Please, do not missunderstand me, the program has some great ideas, that will make happy pretty much every gamer (especially with some TeamSpeak/Ventrilo/other support).

I am just pointing out the bad things, so in the future, this little piece of software will be even better :)

Thank you for your great feedback!

You're absolutely right, the update process still has some rough edges. We're working hard to sort these out...

About the installer, I understand now the confusion. The file named mmorpgInstaller.exe is not the actual application, but rather a small program designed to look for the latest version of Overwolf on our servers, and then download and install it for you. (this makes the life of our partners easy, since they always provide their users with the same file).

I totally understand your frustration about not being able to know in advance what version of Overwolf will be installed. We will make sure to add this information to the download page.

As for version changes log, it can be found on our blog. I'll make sure to include a link for it in the download page. 

Thanks again for your feedback,

Alon

Overwolf Support

• lagerchobglagerchobg Member UncommonPosts: 203

Does it run on 64 bit OS? I've downloaded the app and tried to install it but so far it is installing for over an hour...still nothing!