Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Collectors Exclusive In-game Store

2»

Comments

• Originally posted by garry

Just a minor note here. I read a POST somewhere that the VIP Vendor will be located on the CE players ship. Thus not available until the end (lvl 1-10) of the starter game. This would take it out of sight (and mind) of other players and perhaps lessen the (envy - jealousy?) level during game. Interesting idea there but don't know for sure. The poster did list all the other items in the CE and all were correct so maby?

according to devs at comic con, it is located on a planet in a small place only accesible to CE players

http://darthhater.com/2011/07/24/sdcc-2011-day-4-live-blog-coverage/

SR: So there's been some discussion about the collector's edition, and specifically the collector's store. We mentioned the other day, we cast it in terms of being a VIP lounge. It is an area in the game which is exclusive to people who own the collector's edition. However it is not a fabulous wonderland full of delights and items that no one else could possibly get hold of. There are plenty of very cool social places to go in the game. So don't feel if you don't have a collector's edition that you will be standing outside looking in crying about the fact that you're not inside. It's really not that big a deal. And anyone who may be, for example, lording it over others on the forums about this should really knock it off.

JO: I don't know, it's pretty cool.

SR: Thanks for undoing everything I just said, James.

JO: No no, it is what he said. It's just a cool kind of cantina area that's exclusive for you to go. It's like if you're a VIP going to a VIP club, that's the extent of it. But, you know, that's still kind of cool. You also get the store which is exclusive. It has items in it that aren't going to make you more powerful than people your same level, but you will be able to get items that other players won't be able to get. So it's more of an aesthetic thing. You're going to look different.

• artemisentr4artemisentr4 Member UncommonPosts: 1,431

Originally posted by garry

Just a minor note here. I read a POST somewhere that the VIP Vendor will be located on the CE players ship. Thus not available until the end (lvl 1-10) of the starter game. This would take it out of sight (and mind) of other players and perhaps lessen the (envy - jealousy?) level during game. Interesting idea there but don't know for sure. The poster did list all the other items in the CE and all were correct so maby?

I read it was a VIP Cantina or Lounge. A place CE holders can hang out and use the vender. Probably on each factions home world. But it can change before launch anyway based on feedback to BW.

The only advantage will be visual anyway. So it isn't a game changer. Others will just be able to tell who has a CE based on what armor and weapons they have. But the stats will be the same for quest loot and a CE vender purchase. So not that big of a deal.

Edit: I am just too slow with the posts. image

“How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder, without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?”
    R.A.Salvatore

• Originally posted by artemisentr4

I read it was a VIP Cantina or Lounge. A place CE holders can hang out and use the vender. Probably on each factions home world. But it can change before launch anyway based on feedback to BW.

The only advantage will be visual anyway. So it isn't a game changer. Others will just be able to tell who has a CE based on what armor and weapons they have. But the stats will be the same for quest loot and a CE vender purchase. So not that big of a deal.

i think it would be cool if it was nar shadaa and both factions could hang out in it.

• artemisentr4artemisentr4 Member UncommonPosts: 1,431

Originally posted by gaou

Originally posted by artemisentr4

i think it would be cool if it was nar shadaa and both factions could hang out in it.

That's an interesting idea. Could be usefull on a PvP server. A chance to make deals or set up wars vs guilds. Or just a way to gloat over your beat downs.

They have 14 planets as an option for the vender cantina. So there very well could be more than just one per side or shared.

“How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder, without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?”
    R.A.Salvatore

• KontraKontra Member Posts: 132

As long as they don't open up the CE Lounge to everyone a few months after launch, then it's definelty a great investment. A place to shop without the crazy chat spam of the public shops... so in. 

BTW, picked up a CE of SWTOR on Gamestop a few days ago.

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692

Originally posted by Kontra

As long as they don't open up the CE Lounge to everyone a few months after launch, then it's definelty a great investment. A place to shop without the crazy chat spam of the public shops... so in. 

Of course it will be available to everyone sometime after launch... aren't CE perks always made available later?

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

Originally posted by Latronus

Of course it will be available to everyone sometime after launch... aren't CE perks always made available later?

short answer: nope.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by Thane

Originally posted by Latronus

short answer: nope.

It's been my experience that most CE perks become available from cash shops after the game launches, but it normally is a matter of a couple years, not a few months.  As for what this game does, I won't even bother to speculate since it would be pointless anyways.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"