Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: The Quest for Looking Good

2»

Comments

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

I don't recall Perfect World being particularly impressive. 

Maybe wait until character creation has been released and people have actually used it before determining that it's just like all the others, only not so much.  One might be lead to believe that you don't know what you're talking about.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by cali59

Originally posted by just1opinion

I too am into the light RP thing and would like to make a fatter female character.  It would just be more fun to play than the bone creatures we're usually given.  I mean....they make me feel like....well....how do you roleplay an anorexic or bulemic character?  It's just in poor taste (no pun intended).  I'd rather roleplay a chubby girl.  "Regular size" is boring and too thin is just....too thin.

Let's here it for pleasantly plump! lol  w00t

Your prayers have been answered

AH HAH....I must roll a NORN!  Looking good, looking good!

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759

Aye its all good news, just one thought. We seen it before with Aion, undoubtly the best character customization I have seen so far, but that was about it .. the rest of the game was bleh (haven't tried the expansion). I could care less for any number of graphical awesomeness if the game and gameplay itself is simple/poor. Oups can't read anymore about GW2, on a mission to not knowing anything, and maybe with this game, be surpriced instead of dissapointed :)

• ArcheAgeArcheAge Member Posts: 363

Originally posted by marzatplay

Originally posted by Alot

^^Don't you think that Aion possibly offered too much customization?

The main reason why I stopped playing Aion. So many differences in shapes, sizes that it turned me off from the game. People no longer looked like poeple, rather deformed monsters.

So you wont be playing GW2 then,it only has two human race and the rest are non human. You are playing a fantasy game so why would people looking non human bother you so much that you quit the game,lol how dumb is that.

If you stopped playing the game because of this then you never really like the game in the first place.

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

After DCUO, this particular feature of GW2 is one of the less-praiseworthy to me. It's certainly better than not having it at all, but it's not best-in-class.

• KillyoxKillyox Member CommonPosts: 424

if it's possible my Charr will have white fur with black stripes like syberian tiger.

As for customization so far so good, we will know more on gamescome.

Personally i love the fact that they didnt go easy route like WoW where trolls taurens etc dont benefit from shoe/boots graphic rly. Here charr despire having paws have their own unique look for "shoes/boots" which i really liked!.

Go go ANet!!!

• taylor2144taylor2144 Member Posts: 64

Hahahaha that Last aion pic is Great... Surely thats a reason to stay in the game and not quit it.... It's Hilarious!

"whether it’s a warrior that wants to look like a drunken ninja, or a necromancer that wants to look so sinister it would make Sauron cry."

^ This

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

Originally posted by ArcheAge

The main reason why I stopped playing Aion. So many differences in shapes, sizes that it turned me off from the game. People no longer looked like poeple, rather deformed monsters.
    So you wont be playing GW2 then,it only has two human race and the rest are non human. You are playing a fantasy game so why would people looking non human bother you so much that you quit the game,lol how dumb is that.
    If you stopped playing the game because of this then you never really like the game in the first place.

Are you aware that Aion only had humans? All those characters in the screenshots are supposed to be of the same species.

And FYI, the norn aren't humans. They're more like giants.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Like some1 already said.

Aion has one hell of a character creator, but when is it enough ?

You like grouping up with these people who make deformed characters ?

Give people alot of options to custemize their chars but within proportions.

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

I too am into the light RP thing and would like to make a fatter female character.  It would just be more fun to play than the bone creatures we're usually given.  I mean....they make me feel like....well....how do you roleplay an anorexic or bulemic character?  It's just in poor taste (no pun intended).  I'd rather roleplay a chubby girl.  "Regular size" is boring and too thin is just....too thin.

That screenshot is taken from here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRI_twOZ8hI&t=3m16s. It's just an NPC, but I believe it's a good indicator of what will be possible.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• LanessarLanessar Member Posts: 87

I hate to say this, but this article wasn't well-written.

I wholeheartedly agree with getting into GW2 as a game, but this data is well-reported already, doesn't really offer any insight, nor is it an editorial, explaining all sides of an issue, nor does it offer any sort of humor.

I'd minimally expect historical references, differing points of view and perhaps a little controversy tossed in. Also, some exploration and research into other upcoming games, and what they are doing, and why their system is good in some respects and bad in others.

I can write like this:

"TOR has an awesome story line. It allows you to choose your own character paths. There is also lots of voice over."

Or, like a few other authors on this site, write it like this:

"I can see the benefits of TOR's story-telling approach - customizable character paths, make your own story - but I feel that GW2's questing system may render this obsolete, as the quests you recieve accumulate with other's actions to form a 'group story' reminiscent of the old NWN PW servers. TOR may be great to play through, but the feeling of belonging may be far less than a co-op quest, in the end."

I might be just overly critical, but I'd prefer to read the second example. Whether I like GW2 or TOR, I'd find it interesting to read, and if correct information is included, perhaps increase my interest for one or the other (or, if you are good enough, both).

• tiapherestiapheres Member Posts: 74

Originally posted by Lanessar

I hate to say this, but this article wasn't well-written.

I wholeheartedly agree with getting into GW2 as a game, but this data is well-reported already, doesn't really offer any insight, nor is it an editorial, explaining all sides of an issue, nor does it offer any sort of humor.

I'd minimally expect historical references, differing points of view and perhaps a little controversy tossed in. Also, some exploration and research into other upcoming games, and what they are doing, and why their system is good in some respects and bad in others.

I might be just overly critical, but I'd prefer to read the second example. Whether I like GW2 or TOR, I'd find it interesting to read, and if correct information is included, perhaps increase my interest for one or the other (or, if you are good enough, both).

I didn't know about these features, although the article was basic it was still very informative for a casual reader like myself. IMHO you are being overly critical, but constructive critism is a good thing as long as its in good taste and not bashing.

Fatetaker Voidwalker
    Linkshell founder of Shi Ryu of Aegis & Figaro
    Leader of the Bad Wolves Multi Game Community

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662

Originally posted by wojtekpl

if it's possible my Charr will have white fur with black stripes like syberian tiger.

As for customization so far so good, we will know more on gamescome.

Personally i love the fact that they didnt go easy route like WoW where trolls taurens etc dont benefit from shoe/boots graphic rly. Here charr despire having paws have their own unique look for "shoes/boots" which i really liked!.

Go go ANet!!!

You can have that.

• MSZeusMSZeus Member Posts: 8

Actually I think the standard set of colors is unlocked at first but that there are multiple palettes.

• jinxxed0jinxxed0 Member UncommonPosts: 841

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

Its simple really.

You can never have "enough" character customization.  The closest game to even nearly reach a "enough" place is All Points Bulletin.  But even it, needs more.

There will never be enough.

I think this is why a lot of games don't even bothering trying. (World of Warcraft)

APB? Please. all you can do is paint over premade clothing which was very limited. You clearly haven't played second life or CoH in those games you can be literally anything you want. Well in CoH any thing thats humanoid. but in SL you can litterally be anything you want, even a toaster. APB may have good graphics but its only mediocre as far as customization goes. You might have a t-shirt with sponge bob on it, but everyone else will have the same shirt. The WWE games let you paint over default clothing years ago and still do. APB's customization really is nothing special. Its like saying WoW has great combat or something

• cali59cali59 Member Posts: 1,634

Originally posted by Shroom_Mage

That screenshot is taken from here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRI_twOZ8hI&t=3m16s. It's just an NPC, but I believe it's a good indicator of what will be possible.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/03/12/15-things-we-learned-from-last-weeks-guild-wars-2-combat-footage/

Funny how they comment that the Norn female's body was the most talked about thing from the video.  Screenshots included just for you, just1opinion.  Enjoy.

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true – you know it, and they know it." -Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

• SBE1SBE1 Member UncommonPosts: 340

Can these guys hurry up and announce a release date?  I know I know, it's done when its done.   Jeez.

• Originally posted by Alot

Originally posted by Alot

Well, apparantly the technology used to customize your character's appearance in GW2 is borrowed from Aion, although with restrictions this time.

Edit: To the poster above me: It has now been confirmed that you can acquire Transmutation Stones with ingame currency.

Thank you for posting that. I was sitting here wondering if those stones were going to be in-game or possible CS items, but am relieved to hear that they're in-game.

• Originally posted by SBE1

Can these guys hurry up and announce a release date?  I know I know, it's done when its done.   Jeez.

Lol, they're killing me too. I'm almost willing to put up with a fee bugs at this point.

• Originally posted by ninjinkai506

Originally posted by SBE1

Lol, they're killing me too. I'm almost willing to put up with a fee bugs at this point.

"a FEW bugs", sorry.

• At least, from me, ArenaNet gets an "E" for "Effort". Am I a fanboy? Yes, guilty as charged. I'm no MMO veteran, but have played some games with really poor character customization to some with truly decent customization features. So long as it's a huge step up from the original and on/above-par with some of the newer titles, I'll be content. It'd be great to have nigh-unlimited customization options, but I do have a life and don't want to spend an entire day, or more, just making one toon look pretty.

• hullemanhulleman Member Posts: 7

I just love this. Absolutely love it. :)