Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Plz recommend me a MMORPG game

uuuukuuuuk Member Posts: 1

I am leaving WoW due to lack of end-game contents and lack of community.

As for end-game contents, the same things recur again and again. Study the fights, kill the bosses, get new gear, and throw all the gear away when a new expansion comes out. I feel like I am playing a strategy game or an action game. I dont know why there exist two factions. I dont know why there exist quests. I just run dungeons to level up my alt toons and don't care about the story line any more. Who cares about wolves and goblins?

As for community, there are just too many immature players who are only interested in item drops from bosses. I have been with a couple of raiding guilds. The guildies dont help each other, dont even say hey.

After all, I dont know why WoW is still called RPG. I have played a couple of RPG including Ultima, Baldur's gate, Neverwinter nights, dragon age, and so on. Is there any role playing in WoW except that hunters kill the spiderlings, mages kill the spiders on the air, ...

Can you guys recommend me some MMORPG games? I am considering Everquest 2, which is supposed to have more end-game contents including raids.

Comments

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

If you like end game raiding nothing compairs to WoW as far as content. Sorry but its true.

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• RevivialRevivial Member Posts: 194

I might suggest Champion's Online while you look for something new to invest in.

"I swear -- by my life and my love for it -- that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."
    - John Galt

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Everquest 1 on one of the old servers. Good communities on those, with more end game content then you could ever get through before getting tired of the game. 

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Vanguard is making a come back lately.

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

Originally posted by EndDream

If you like end game raiding nothing compairs to WoW as far as content. Sorry but its true.

A lot of hard core WoW guilds have Rift chapters now. Even Fires of Heaven (which has WoW devs in it) has a chapter in Rift. Still Firelands heroic has only been beaten by a few guilds at this point. I have heard good reviews on the heroic Rags being very, very challenging. 

• Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697

I recommend LotRO.  The community is excellent and there is always plenty to do.  And since it's freemium, with the ability to earn more content in-game, it may very well be worth the time it takes to download 11 gigabytes.

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

• sevitothsevitoth Member UncommonPosts: 375

EQ2 and AoC are both good options, and both are f2p. Try them out and if they aren't for you, you didn't waste any money.

Currently Playing: DAOC Uthgard

Previously Played: UO, DAOC, Shadowbane, AC2, SWG, Horizons, COX, WOW, EQ2, LOTRO, AOC, WAR, Vanguard, Rift, SWTOR, ESO, GW2.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001

AOC is way above par for a F2P, good fun. LOTR is good until level 30ish at which point you need to start spending cash (and zones get a bit samey)  Vanguard is also good.  Recommend them in this order.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

Archeage is looking promising, but as ever we need to wait until its released to get the true answer

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001

Originally posted by RefMinor

Archeage is looking promising, but as ever we need to wait until its released to get the true answer

^^ thats the big one I am waiting for as well.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

i am Currently playing Aion while i hated the game when it launched im having loads of fun with it now they improved it alot and when 3.0 launches it will be even better.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

I'm pretty down on WoW's endgame and all themepark MMO endgames atm, as like you said, they all consist of running x number of dungeons every week, running the same daily quests every day, and studying raid boss fights.  Studying, yes studying.  Studying in a video game.  So stupid.  You know it's one thing to read forums and learn to play your class, but boss fights in WoW, Rift, and similar titles are designed in such a way that they are all but impossible to complete if you don't have someone in your party explain it to you or you read a strategy on the internet.  Even after doing so you go to a raid and you wipe all night because you spend the entire time trying to teach 24 other people where to stand.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

Originally posted by Bladestrom

AOC is way above par for a F2P, good fun. LOTR is good until level 30ish at which point you need to start spending cash (and zones get a bit samey)  Vanguard is also good.  Recommend them in this order.

i disagree, i think AoC has a growing tendency towards p2win, while even in your 30s on LotRO you can rack up Turbine Points to purchase everything you need w/o paying a dime, including expacs. you just have to be willing to grind. which in some ways can help you as the vendor trash can rack up some good money at those levels and the worthwhile drops are usually good for those 5-10 levels below you so they can be sold on the AH or passed on to alts. other good drops include rep items which are good for you, your alts, and often sell very well on the AH.

Vanguard while not f2p has more content then you could finish in a year, at least, if you're not on 24/7. it has far more interesting classes than either of the other 2 games mentioned and there is a growing trend towards, not only population growth, but direct quotes from SoE that they are looking into how they want to progress Vanguard, now that they have lost SWG.

my list would be:

Vanguard

LotRO

AoC

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

Originally posted by SuperXero89

I'm pretty down on WoW's endgame and all themepark MMO endgames atm, as like you said, they all consist of running x number of dungeons every week, running the same daily quests every day, and studying raid boss fights.  Studying, yes studying.  Studying in a video game.  So stupid.  You know it's one thing to read forums and learn to play your class, but boss fights in WoW, Rift, and similar titles are designed in such a way that they are all but impossible to complete if you don't have someone in your party explain it to you or you read a strategy on the internet.  Even after doing so you go to a raid and you wipe all night because you spend the entire time trying to teach 24 other people where to stand.

+1 for insight

its why im an opponent of the trinity approach to gaming. allow enough skill trees in each class to enable them to branch out and cover themselves and their group members or create enough of a variety of classes that can do different things (such as in Vanguard, the Disciple class is a healer who relies heavily on melee to generate heals).

i spose im just too used to pen and paper DnD where, before 4.0, tanking didnt make sense, because the DM was the AI for the npc's and could quite literally attack anyone. thats a far more realistic battle scenario than the trinity based one, as far as im concerned.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941

yep, same here. dont do instances in wow anymore due to bitch and moaning about how a tank should do this and that and how he should respec and place enchants/gems on gear and everything else. Same goes with the other dps telling healers the same, to a point of them leaving the group and then they still moan about it long afterwards.

Doing a guild run they just carnt be assed and go into half heartedly then after a bit make excuse's of why have to leave. Hardly anyone speaks thesedays and alot of peeps have stopped logging in as much. (that includes me), done 3 characters now with the firelands (molten front) daily quests, just need to kill 1 elemental on teh bombing run on all 3 chars (same one too as it never showed up yet) hatespart (i think or Heatslayer) one of teh H's anyways and just 2 lieutenants and then i'm done with those 3 chars till teh next input of data (unless its just a straight raid instance) then i am still done. Not wastign any more time doing that and then when the next expansion comes out a white item replaces the epic items you spent months trying to obtain.

Everytime a new expanion or instance is released anything older gets dropped like a time bomb about to explode. What game companies need to do is keep the old places still running or they may as well just turn off all the old data or get rid of it as everyone only does the new instances/zones anyways.

• huanieeshuaniees Member Posts: 6

I suggest Gate to heavens, A brilliant old-school MMORPG very exciting to play

http://www.gatetoheavens.com/

4 Classes , Vital Spirtor , Swordsmen , Mage and ,Archer/Dagger

heres a Video if u would like to watch about the server