Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Item mall

MMOWhispererMMOWhisperer Member Posts: 4

Hey all,

I tend to play pay to play games but this game interested me because of its multi faction pvp. I was wondering if the item mall offered amazing bonuses to players that dump hundreds of dollars into it? I don't grudge a company for wanting to make money by making a game slightly easier for its paying customers. However, I don't want to play in a game that Johnny Superawesome pays 200 dollars a month for OMGWTHOWNAGE gear and one shots me from 1000 yards away. . .

Your thoughts on the item mall in this game?

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Gregross111Gregross111 Member Posts: 52

Originally posted by MMOWhisperer

Hey all,

I tend to play pay to play games but this game interested me because of its multi faction pvp. I was wondering if the item mall offered amazing bonuses to players that dump hundreds of dollars into it? I don't grudge a company for wanting to make money by making a game slightly easier for its paying customers. However, I don't want to play in a game that Johnny Superawesome pays 200 dollars a month for OMGWTHOWNAGE gear and one shots me from 1000 yards away. . .

Your thoughts on the item mall in this game?

Thank you for your time.

Wondering the same thing... all play it if the item shop offers like exp potions and cosmetic gear, but if you can purchase any kind of advantage over another player besides what was listed above im not interested

• sqandrewsqandrew Member Posts: 1

No.

Armor has a big part in this game, but it's mostly reliant on skill.  People who spend money on the Cash Shop, who max out their gear, usually suck and have no skill.  So if you master your own class, you can still have a good chance of beating CS'ers.

^_^

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

I haven't played the game myself but gPotato is the publisher, and they seem to be very good at releasing pay-to-win games. Just look at what they did to Allods Online. I don't see why Aika would be any different.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• TyvolusTyvolus Member Posts: 190

• Aika_OnlineAika_Online Aika Community ManagerMember Posts: 18

Hey MMOWhisperer and all,

Thanks for your interest, first of all.  I hope that since you've posted that you've been able to check out the game and try it for yourself and (hopefully) had some fun. :)

In regards to your question about the item shop; the answer is a yes-and-no.

Yes, people who pay lots to use the cash shop usually tend to have better stuff (items, armor, weapons, potions, etc) because they buy them.  They purchase enchanting materials so they are able to enchant their gear a lot; that parts pretty simple.

However, no, people who use the cash shop are not always going to be better than those who don't.  We have some players who don't use the cash shop at all and instead purchase items with in-game gold via the auction house and do very well.

Aika is a game of balance.  Since all players are all competing all the time, there needs to be balance and there is.  There is excellent balance.  I assure you that if you choose to play and use the cash shop, you can get your hands on all sorts of awesome items and it will be easy and convenient.  If you play from a free standpoint, it may take a little more work and time, but you can still get to the same place.

I hope this answered your question and that I was able to help.  Have fun and happy gaming!

-Paragon

Aika Online Community Manager