Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

still enjoying

aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

this deilghtful game. as an f2p game its one of the better that i've tried. there are gender class locks, true enough, but its never bothered me to play an opposite or same genedered character in an mmo.

the combat system is fun, if simple. you could turn it into a grinder if you wanted, there are plenty of open spawn areas with drops worth vendoring at least if not selling off to other players, but there are also open instanced dungeons, meaning that the dungeon is an instance but all players share it. its probly a server load issue. but there is a whole series of quests to follow the storyline through.

not sure why this game hasn't gotten more attention.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
One could be called finite, the other infinite.
A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

Comments

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724

Ahhh another grindfest asian mmorpg....

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• RavZterzRavZterz Member UncommonPosts: 618

The set sex/class lock turned me off from the game.  I know it's not a big deal but it ruins the first impression and the manual target mode is kinda useless but that also isn't a big deal.  The little things keep me from getting into the game.

Make games you want to play.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RavikAztar

• gertjegertje Member Posts: 4

The settings and story looks intresting..sadly it would not even start. I found out there are lots of bugs in this game.

The forum messages are full of startup problems.Sadly i turned down this game.

• naraku209naraku209 Member Posts: 226

Is it worth a try, i've actually thought about trying thisgame, going to DL it then stopping it

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

This was one of the F2P games you mentioned and I haven't gotten to it yet. My wife has been playing Allods since it is soo similar to WoW she has had an easy time learning it.

OP asked in another thread about Global Agenda. It's not too bad but I haven't gotten very far in it yet so time will tell if it even holds my attention.

I usually prefer sub based only because with a lot of the F2P games cash shop systems, I feel like I am missing out on stuff. AOC and EQX are a couple of examples where you need to buy a lot of the content since you are heavily restricted. As long as this game doesn't feel that way when I finally d/l it, I am sure I'll enjoy it. it certainly looked different than the usuals I play.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• toph1980toph1980 Member Posts: 14

ARGO's dead. Sad but true. The population is now lower than that during release, Alaplaya doesn't advertise at all and GM/moderators barely speak and/or understand any english, which is quite surprising. And a shame as ARGO has real potential, all bugs aside.

It took me 3 weeks to reach lvl 46. Another week and I would have reached lvl 50. With that said, here's a ticket I submitted to Alaplaya the other day, and their reply. Their response totally blew me away, and forced me to let go of whatever hope I had for ARGO ever becoming a successful MMO:

"Hi,

How do I create/aquire legend gear?"

Legend gear being the best gear available, dropping from bosses and/or created using a cash shop item called Tear of Heaven.

Yet, here's the reply I recieved from Alaplaya support:

"Hello,

Sorry for the delay in replying to you - I have asked many of our team members and most of us do not understand what you are talking about. If you are talking about items with legendary bonuses, you have to kill bosses for a chance that it will drop."

Now, I knew that. I was more interesting in knowing how the cash shop item Tear of Heaven works. Apparently, it lets you create Legend(ary) items from a lesser (Unique) item. Yet Alaplaya apparently forgot all about it.

More importantly, my question was pretty straightforward, written in plain english. Considering ingame gear is classified as Rare, Unique or Legend, I was shocked to learn that neither the support tech nor most of the Alaplaya team understood what I was talking about.

Last but not least, the tech guy signed with a signature that read "English Support & Events MGM" for two Alaplaya titles, none of them being ARGO, which lead me to believe that he or she has never played ARGO at all.

Now, I can live with utter useless support departments, can you say Aion? Unfortunately, there's more:

- There are plenty bugs

- There is little to no info about ingame mechanics

- News articles and info on the official site is confusing, written in poor english (Alaplaya are german as far as I know even though the name sounds spanish)

- The ARGO community is getting smaller by the day and consists pretty much of german players

- I've only seen a GM ingame once, and he or she had problems communicating in english

My conclusion being, all bugs aside, ARGO will never become a successful MMO as long as it's managed by a publisher who doesn't advertise nor know much about their own game, and who have problems understanding basic english. Which is a shame as ARGO has tons of interesting stuff to offer, like the entire Adventure system (titles, monter hunt, reputation) PvP and the primary/secondary/ranged weapon system, the pet system and more.