Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Live Stream of Hammerknell

PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

So I am making this thread as a way to see inside Hammerknell. I will try and keep these links up to date as the guilds vary depending on raiding days.

Enjoy!

http://www.twitch.tv/nlytnmnt

Updated: 8/4/2011 Hammerknell raid just started

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

I'll be honest, this is why I don't do more rading. Things go wrong and suddenly it seems like the "blame game" happens.

Not very fun. Thanks for posting though, will watch a bit.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by Sovrath

I'll be honest, this is why I don't do more rading. Things go wrong and suddenly it seems like the "blame game" happens.

Not very fun. Thanks for posting though, will watch a bit.

Agreed.  It turns what should be a fun couple of hours into what amounts to a couple of hours of hard work.  I come home from work to play games not work some more.

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

They are pretty professional about it considering they have been trying this guy for 4 hours a day since Hammerknell released. This boss is pretty freaking brutal. Sub 10% wipes are easily the most upsetting though, so I can not blame them.

• jedensuscgjedensuscg Member Posts: 209

Not all guilds are like that. I will quit a guild that makes my game less fun.  I have done guild content in several games that even with wipe after wipe, we all generally had a good time.  I bet the people in those european ultra hardcore WoW guilds that get world firsts all the time don't have any fun with wow, as its a job to them.

And in the end, when you finally beat that boss you struggled on for a few days, you get a sense of accomplishment, as long as your guildmates were not punks and ruined the journey.

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Just clicked it. 11:05 pm

They had just wiped and were rezzed and pre-buffing, and some guy in plate runs by and gets aggro, wipes them all again.

Then five minutes later, some get up and another one wipes them all.

This is why this type of mechanic needs to go the way of the dodo. Just so boring to have to sit and wait for all this type of stuff all over again wipe after wipe after wipe.

Thank goodness GW2 and SWTOR are getting away from 20 man forced raiding as endgames.

SWToR has raiding. They actually have a large scale raid from day 1, so not sure how that is getting away from it. GW2 end game is 5mans/dynamic content/WvWvW and that is about it, so good luck seeing these types of guilds there.

That is just one guild out many grinding this place. Raiding is never going anywhere in MMORPG genre. Pvp'rs get their large scale forts, so why not pve'rs get the same? Sort of silly to not appeal to them and Hammerknell is a hardcore raiders dream and that is what it was made for.

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Originally posted by Puremallace
    SWToR has raiding. They actually have a large scale raid from day 1, so not sure how that is getting away from it. GW2 end game is 5mans/dynamic content/WvWvW and that is about it, so good luck seeing these types of guilds there.

That is just one guild out many grinding this place. Raiding is never going anywhere in MMORPG genre. Pvp'rs get their large scale forts, so why not pve'rs get the same? Sort of silly to not appeal to them and Hammerknell is a hardcore raiders dream and that is what it was made for.

They have one raid, and the whole game isn't based on repeated large scale raiding like RIFT is. Latest info I saw was:

"The maximum raid size has not yet been fixed, but the minimum raid size is set at 8 characters. Preview videos have shown up to 16 players on a raid, though the final maximum number will apparently be determined during game testing."

So there's no telling what size it will be but right now it isn't 20. Being able to get in as a minimum of eight sounds much better to me than a necessary 20 like in RIFT, and all the extra problems that come with that type of setup.

5 man content in GW2 isn't large scale raiding either.

Updated the first link...enjoy all!

Good new link up there. Pretty experienced WoW compilation of names some of you may recognize. They burned Murdatix and umm they are going to try Zilas.