Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MUST have a facebook or neonation account to play? Are you F-king KIDDING me?

AtmaDarkwolfAtmaDarkwolf Member UncommonPosts: 353

Pass. This kinda of restriction is a nono for me lol.

Won't even have a chance to decide if i Like / dislike the game due to that restriction.

Note to money grubbin devs: Some people avoid facebook and similar sites like the plauge they are. Please do NOT force people to go to them.

Comments

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Solution: Make a dummy Facebook account that has nothing to do with you, use it exclusively for the game, problem solved.

• AtmaDarkwolfAtmaDarkwolf Member UncommonPosts: 353

No problem NOT solved.

Heres the issue. Facebook first off WILL drop tons and tons of spyware on your machine, stuff that will snag all your emails(any email even enterd at the computer NOT just your own) and sell those emails to other companies.

Last time I had facebook running on my system my connection was being choked by shitware they dropped on my system, when I closed facebook(and only facebook) it mostly stopped. after running 2-3 spyremoval programs i got TONS and TONS of shiit that wasn't there before(I scan each night, every night, before I shut down, before facebook was on my system i got maybe 2-3 cookies and might, once or so a week, get 10ish total. After facebook was on my system, taht night, got over 560+ things they caught)

I do not trust facebook, I will NEVER trust facebook and related sites. I refuse to even go to the front page for most of them(I also distrust twitter and similar sites on that same bearing but tbh i have not had a twitter account, and i do not wish to have one)

What ever happened to the old 'if u wanna know what the fk we are doing, how-about you come to OUR site' days?

• MertzaSkertzMertzaSkertz Member UncommonPosts: 161

Originally posted by AtmaDarkwolf

No problem NOT solved.

Heres the issue. Facebook first off WILL drop tons and tons of spyware on your machine, stuff that will snag all your emails(any email even enterd at the computer NOT just your own) and sell those emails to other companies.

Last time I had facebook running on my system my connection was being choked by shitware they dropped on my system, when I closed facebook(and only facebook) it mostly stopped. after running 2-3 spyremoval programs i got TONS and TONS of shiit that wasn't there before(I scan each night, every night, before I shut down, before facebook was on my system i got maybe 2-3 cookies and might, once or so a week, get 10ish total. After facebook was on my system, taht night, got over 560+ things they caught)

I do not trust facebook, I will NEVER trust facebook and related sites. I refuse to even go to the front page for most of them(I also distrust twitter and similar sites on that same bearing but tbh i have not had a twitter account, and i do not wish to have one)

What ever happened to the old 'if u wanna know what the fk we are doing, how-about you come to OUR site' days?

Watch your back, the government is out to get you too.

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

I'm amazed that so many people are still using Facebook and it's relatives. I always figured it would be one of those things that would be popular for a time, but would end being something referred to as "remeber that stupid Facebook shit everyone used to waste time on?" "Oh yeah, I had actually completely forgotten about that one. Why the hell did we ever get into that? LOL".

Man, was I ever wrong.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• MertzaSkertzMertzaSkertz Member UncommonPosts: 161

Originally posted by Cecropia

I'm amazed that so many people are still using Facebook and the like. I always figured it would be one of those things that would be popular for a time, but would end being something referred to as "remeber that stupid Facebook shit everyone used to waste time on?" "Oh yeah, I had actually completely forgotten about that one. Why the hell did we ever get into that? LOL".

Man, was I ever wrong.

I just use it as an email and chat room for my friends. Everything else is a waste of time, but I find these two features worth wild. 

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

No problem NOT solved.

Stop being so paranoid.  I've been using Facebook on multiple machines for just over 3 or 4 years and have NEVER had this.  My computers always run just as smooth no matter if I use facebook or not.  Your being way over dramatic about this and need to dig a little deeper to make sure you dont have some other problem.

Also, what makes you think that a website is stealing your emails and selling them?  What use would that do?

• AtmaDarkwolfAtmaDarkwolf Member UncommonPosts: 353

Originally posted by MertzaSkertz

No problem NOT solved.

Do this if u doubt me(and really try this)

Set up a virtual machine(or a seperate computer) with a clean instal, NOTHING on it but whats needed to run, and a browser(For testing try both IE and FF)

Do not hit ANY site, just go straight to facebook, sign onto your 'imaoneofthesheep' account, hang out on FB for an hour, then close (unplug) your net connection and do a scan with spybot/superantispyware/malewarebytes(3 of the very best anti spyware tools out there) and tell us what u get. And be honest.

Its not just me being paranoid, lol :D

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Last time I had facebook running on my system my connection was being choked by shitware

You do realize that facebook doesn't run on your system right? Maybe you shouldn't be clicking on links from big breasted women currently living in Nigeria who just happen to be heading to your part of the world soon.

No problem NOT solved.

Set up a virtual machine(or a seperate computer) with a clean instal, NOTHING on it but whats needed to run, and a browser(For testing try both IE and FF)

Do not hit ANY site, just go straight to facebook, sign onto your 'imaoneofthesheep' account, hang out on FB for an hour, then close (unplug) your net connection and do a scan with spybot/superantispyware/malewarebytes(3 of the very best anti spyware tools out there) and tell us what u get. And be honest.

I'm actually running on a clean build now as I just re setup my desktop and it runs smooth with absolutly no spybot/spyware/maleware or anything of that nature.  I'll go so far as to say that I use Facebook and Google+ and I pop twitter up occassionally to check up on some of the people I follow and I still have no issues.  On my laptop and desktop (both Windows 7 64 bit) I have no issues to speak of.

• deadmilkdeadmilk Member Posts: 173

Actually Atma tells the truth.. Just watch the adds in facebook, they will be custom tailored to everything you have looked at and done online. That's spyware folks;)

Originally posted by deadmilk

Actually Atma tells the truth.. Just watch the adds in facebook, they will be custom tailored to everything you have looked at and done online. That's spyware folks;)

Or it watches what you post?  Which is not spyware considering your posting it online for everyone to see making it public information.  I would also like to point out that they miss the mark a bit.  75% of the adds on facebook hardly appeal to me but I do notice they are related to the stuff I post about. 

Example, I had an add about buying University of Texas jersey.  I would never buy a UT jersy, and have never been interested in one.  I've never been to the UT website nor have I ever had anything UT related in an email.  But I have posted a status about how long you have to camp out to be able to have a seat at the UT vs TTU football game.  See where I'm going?

• deadmilkdeadmilk Member Posts: 173

Originally posted by marinrider

Or it watches what you post?  Which is not spyware considering your posting it online for everyone to see making it public information.  I would also like to point out that they miss the mark a bit.  75% of the adds on facebook hardly appeal to me but I do notice they are related to the stuff I post about. 

Example, I had an add about buying University of Texas jersey.  I would never buy a UT jersy, and have never been interested in one.  I've never been to the UT website nor have I ever had anything UT related in an email.  But I have posted a status about how long you have to camp out to be able to have a seat at the UT vs TTU football game.  See where I'm going?

Yeah I see what your saying. It still bothers me that I just saw adds on facebook for engagement rings when I just searched for them on a different web browser..

• ArthineasArthineas Member Posts: 231

Originally posted by Kabaal

Last time I had facebook running on my system my connection was being choked by shitware

You do realize that facebook doesn't run on your system right? Maybe you shouldn't be clicking on links from big breasted women currently living in Nigeria who just happen to be heading to your part of the world soon.

QFT.  I have yet to see any malware/spyware get attached to my computer because of Facebook.  And yes I run a few good programs to check it.  Now granted I do not post much on Facebook, but I do log in and check things out.

• stayBlindstayBlind Member UncommonPosts: 512

OSHIOT! Google ads are a VIRUS?!

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

• KloenkKloenk Member Posts: 1

Errrrr... there's some time of misunderstanding at work here.

What's the issue with a Neonga-account?! User your email address and select a password and play the game - it's even easier to register and play than with many other games.

But with so much concern about data being downloaded, you might want to reconsider. A Mystical Land needs a browser plug-in (Portalarium Player) and that is software the game installs on your computer.

Apart from that, read the sign-in / registration form closely and you will find out that the game uses Facebook-account information *only* as... let's say... verified log-in. And if you don't want that, there are alternative ways to create an account.

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

Illuminati made Google, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, they even invented toast.

Watch your backs.. and whatever you do, DO NOT TURN OFF THE LIGHTS!

• EkohOneEkohOne Member Posts: 23

No problem NOT solved.

"i am one of the sheep" account. lol someone has watched too many youtube conspiracy videos. I picture you sitting at your desk with foil over your head and shit. You need to relax, the "shitware" that facebook installs cant be any more harmful than the shit my tubes and hut (pr0n) sites drop on computers. mine specifically as i've never had any issues from either.