Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EvE- Bleeding subscriptions

Comments

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

Change the game from "Capitals Online" back to "EvE Online" pretty please. Cold War was the best state of the game regarding territorial warfare as there wasn't all this crap like titans, motherships, carriers, jumpfreighters, jumpbridges, etc...

Next on the list, revamp of ressources. Take away all NPC-loot including drone-alloys. Give them drones bounty to make them worthwile. The NPCs should only drop salvage-materials and then faction and officer-loot very rarely like it's allready done today.
    This would do two things: LvL4 mission-running would become less lucrative and mining would become more profitable again.

Introduce T3-frigates and battleships and shift the real profitable PvE even more towards wormholes, where teamplay is required.

Release Dust514 and ASAP and make PI into a battlefield, where we can capture or destroy enemy infrastructures.

Most things will never happen unfortunately so I'll keep playing EvE Online semi-AFK. Haven't done much during the last year but to train skills on my combat-character actually as I can't be bothered anymore to actively take part in alliance-warfare. I'm mostly logging in with my industrial alt on a second rig to run production- and research-jobs for the ally, while playing something else.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by Yalexy

Most things will never happen unfortunately

Fortunately!

• lykkenlykken Member UncommonPosts: 97

Cant see nothing wrong with that chart. Then again I am not a drama queen

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

What that graph tells me, is that incarna was a huge fail. Like Malcanis said earlier, EVE has seen steady growth every year, but it has since stagnated and quit growing. What should have been a hyped up expansion that we've waited for, for years, was eclipsed by CCPs new direction with eve with RMT and the leaked internal documents. Cant think of a more botched expansion (i'd say NGE but that was a patch). Since the whole incarna/rmt fiasco ive lost all motivation to just log in. Completely lost interest in the game.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• BoardwalkerBoardwalker Member UncommonPosts: 388

Originally posted by tvalentine

What that graph tells me, is that incarna was a huge fail. Like Malcanis said earlier, EVE has seen steady growth every year, but it has since stagnated and quit growing. What should have been a hyped up expansion that we've waited for, for years, was eclipsed by CCPs new direction with eve with RMT and the leaked internal documents. Cant think of a more botched expansion (i'd say NGE but that was a patch). Since the whole incarna/rmt fiasco ive lost all motivation to just log in. Completely lost interest in the game.

I've had no issues with the expansion. I think it's a great long-term addition to the game. The communicaton wasn't the greatest at first, but they've done a solid job in picking up the pieces of nerd rage since then.

Good luck with your next game, tval. Can you do me a favor, though? Log in one more time and contract all your stuff to me. I need all the help I can get, and I'll be sure to name my next ship after you to continue your legacy.

They can adjust a game all day, but they can't help the issue between the keyboard and the chair.
    Played: UO, DAoC, AC, WoW, EVE, TR, WAR, Aion, Rift, SWTOR, GW2, TSW, ESO, Elite:D
    Play EVE for free for 21 days

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

Originally posted by Boardwalker

I've had no issues with the expansion. I think it's a great long-term addition to the game. The communicaton wasn't the greatest at first, but they've done a solid job in picking up the pieces of nerd rage since then.

Good luck with your next game, tval. Can you do me a favor, though? Log in one more time and contract all your stuff to me. I need all the help I can get, and I'll be sure to name my next ship after you to continue your legacy.

My post was more of a look at the community in general and how well the expansion did in bringing back/new customers into the game. I dont have a problem with the expansion itself (minus rmt), but i dont enjoy it either. It feels like a complete waste of data on my computer and the data in the graph shows that not even WiS, the feature that has been promised for a long time, could increase the PCU. Due largely in part to the scandal that went on right at release.

EDIT: oh, and i have 600mil in isk atm, if you send me your isk ill double it and send it back. If you're really interested in my stuff and isk.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

My post was more of a look at the community in general and how well the expansion did in bringing back/new customers into the game. I dont have a problem with the expansion itself (minus rmt), but i dont enjoy it either. It feels like a complete waste of data on my computer and the data in the graph shows that not even WiS, the feature that has been promised for a long time, could increase the PCU. Due largely in part to the scandal that went on right at release.

EDIT: oh, and i have 600mil in isk atm, if you send me your isk ill double it and send it back. If you're really interested in my stuff and isk.

I guess we just feel differently then. I don't mind the NEX store. Other, successful games do have similar offerings, and I think it's fine as long as non-vanity items are not introduced. CCP has said that their game model doesn't fit well with "gold ammo", so thus they have no plans for doing that. To me, that's good news, and might help the game be financially viable for years to come.

As for WiS, I knew coming into Incarna that it was only a first step. So I was not at all disappointed by the single room. By the end of August, they've said we'll have the other races' quarters, and the winter expansion will have player establishments within stations. Again, good news.

And I don't have a lot of money, but sure, I'll take a gamble that you're being honest and send you what I have. What's you ingame name? Bunzan Cardinal?

They can adjust a game all day, but they can't help the issue between the keyboard and the chair.
    Played: UO, DAoC, AC, WoW, EVE, TR, WAR, Aion, Rift, SWTOR, GW2, TSW, ESO, Elite:D

• GnatBugGnatBug Member Posts: 75

I Agree with Tval ....

My three account are expired and the attempt to get me to activate them for 1000 Ausa ..FAILED!

Originally posted by GnatBug

I Agree with Tval ....

My three account are expired and the attempt to get me to activate them for 1000 Ausa ..FAILED!

Too bad, Gnat. I'm logged in right now with 44K other people having a blast. Got the livestream of EVE Vegas running in the background as well (looks pretty crowded there). I guess people still play this game and it didn't collapse under the weight of you leaving. Go figure.

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

I guess we just feel differently then. I don't mind the NEX store. Other, successful games do have similar offerings, and I think it's fine as long as non-vanity items are not introduced. CCP has said that their game model doesn't fit well with "gold ammo", so thus they have no plans for doing that. To me, that's good news, and might help the game be financially viable for years to come.

As for WiS, I knew coming into Incarna that it was only a first step. So I was not at all disappointed by the single room. By the end of August, they've said we'll have the other races' quarters, and the winter expansion will have player establishments within stations. Again, good news.

And I don't have a lot of money, but sure, I'll take a gamble that you're being honest and send you what I have. What's you ingame name? Bunzan Cardinal?

Where did you read this?

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Originally posted by Hazelle

Where did you read this?

kind of curious about that too..  ... actually a lot curious image

Where did you read this?

One of the CCP guys said this during a recent podcast interview (within the last couple weeks). I'll see if I can find the link.

• SraikSraik Member Posts: 23

As with me.  Currently over at Perpetuum and enjoying it.  It currently lacks a lot of the depth that EvE has, but I can't stomach the 'tude that CCP has taken with EvE.

Also, for those posted here with the "these graphs show nothing" semi arguement (with no actual backup or analysis), go read this: Not All Curves are Pretty.  While I will not not go so far as to say that the game is dying, the trends to show that the last several expansions have potentially not been in line with player expectations.

Numbers and analyis are typically good for any conversation that is based in reality.

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

Where did you read this?

One of the CCP guys said this during a recent podcast interview (within the last couple weeks). I'll see if I can find the link.

Was he talking about corp offices?  Which are pretty much the same as captain's quarters, but on a bigger scale?

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

It's what happens when you start to put too much with RMT in a subscription game which is what has been spreading a bit since all the buzz about Incarna begun. You start losing subscribers even though you may be making more money in the end of the month, this will eventually become bad and a change will be needed.

When your game has defied the law of MMOs for so long by being in a constant subscription base growth, the route taken with Incarna and a drop in subscriptions finally happening, it has to mean something about not pleasing the current player base.

• KitKat1KitKat1 Member Posts: 33

Hi ..Guys

I have to admit ..The OP has a point with the recent drop in PCU numbers ... I also droped my 3 accounts yesterdays which was on a 3 month sub cycle and even though i got the 1000 Aurial. The direct marketing done the same day for new items in the NEX store was just too much for me.

I would live with MT in EvE ... But at the price levels they have its put me off playing. Sad part is we had a discussion about it in corp (corp size is about 298 with alts) and everyone seems to feel the same. Dont know how many will take a break from EvE like me but there are quite a few who have other issues with Sov warfare and this NEX store... story was the last staw. I dont think EVE will die.. but i do know more and more players are not renewing the 3 & 6 month subs. 

And i think the game is Bleeding players slowly, because of the long term subs alot of us have comitted too. This is realy bad for CCP because many players who decide to stay on will drop there sub term to 1 month. This has alread happened to alot of guys in corp who have taken the "Wait and See" approach.

This takes away alot of advanced revenew which could have been use in other areas.

All round cuppeled with the bad publicity EvE is getting from its own community ....no matter how you look at it ...Things are not Great as many poster's would like to suggest! 

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Originally posted by KitKat1

Hi ..Guys

I have to admit ..The OP has a point with the recent drop in PCU numbers ... I also droped my 3 accounts yesterdays which was on a 3 month sub cycle and even though i got the 1000 Aurial. The direct marketing done the same day for new items in the NEX store was just too much for me.

I would live with MT in EvE ... But at the price levels they have its put me off playing. Sad part is we had a discussion about it in corp (corp size is about 298 with alts) and everyone seems to feel the same. Dont know how many will take a break from EvE like me but there are quite a few who have other issues with Sov warfare and this NEX store... story was the last staw. I dont think EVE will die.. but i do know more and more players are not renewing the 3 & 6 month subs. 

And i think the game is Bleeding players slowly, because of the long term subs alot of us have comitted too. This is realy bad for CCP because many players who decide to stay on will drop there sub term to 1 month. This has alread happened to alot of guys in corp who have taken the "Wait and See" approach.

This takes away alot of advanced revenew which could have been use in other areas.

All round cuppeled with the bad publicity EvE is getting from its own community ....no matter how you look at it ...Things are not Great as many poster's would like to suggest! 

Actually, CCP is one of the few who publishes their numbers (or gives access to those numbers) as public information.

There is a downward trend from start of this year till now.

http://eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785

Hi ..Guys

I think EVE is one of the best games on the market, and I hope it grows to become the king of sandbox gaming.

I think KitKat1's post is as accurate as any in this thread.

• UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568

Who cares?

I try to avoid other players in EVE as much as possible.

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312

Originally posted by jpnz

Actually, CCP is one of the few who publishes their numbers (or gives access to those numbers) as public information.

Which if you look at the year long graph you see is pretty consistent with the yearly trends. EvE like most MMOs takes a dump during summer as people have well summer things to do and then it regains PCU numbers over the winter. peaking right around the December/January and beginning to die off again towards the next summer.

I would live with MT in EvE ... But at the price levels they have its put me off playing. Sad part is we had a discussion about it in corp (corp size is about 298 with alts) and everyone seems to feel the same....no matter how you look at it ...Things are not Great as many poster's would like to suggest! 

Your corp is weak then. Quitting because the prices in the NEX store are too high is probably the silliest reason to rage quit. I'd actually like to see the prices in the store made even higher.

I've played a lot of MMOs, and none of the other larger MMOs have had or has the degree of communication that CCP has with its playerbase. If you can think of an MMO with over 300k subscribers that has better communication than CCP, I'd like to see it. Most likely, you simply don't see/miss their forum posts and dev blogs, and thus assume they aren't communicating.

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

Hi ..Guys

that is absolutely true.  If you ignore a portion of the graph, the the part that showed an upward trend in March.

You see.  It first starts trending down at the start of the year, then jumps back up a few months in, then it starts to trend down again.  Exactly like it did in '10, '09, in fact, it's a trend that's pretty much persisted since the games been out. 

The most interesting trend is that the game HAS CONTINUALLY GROWN IN POPULATION.  After every downward trend, there's a rise that peaks higher then the previous upward trend.

Seriously people.  Humans are supposed to be prone to picking out patterns, it shouldn't be hard for a lot of you see the patern in the graphs.  You pick them out without even thinking about it. 

What's the saying?  Haters gonna hate.  And hating on a game is pretty sad.  But even sadder is showing graphs that don't support your hate. 

• sbantingsbanting Member Posts: 238

Originally posted by Uhwop

Hi ..Guys

that is absolutely true.  If you ignore a portion of the graph, the the part that showed an upward trend in March.

You see.  It first starts trending down at the start of the year, then jumps back up a few months in, then it starts to trend down again.  Exactly like it did in '10, '09, in fact, it's a trend that's pretty much persisted since the games been out. 

The most interesting trend is that the game HAS CONTINUALLY GROWN IN POPULATION.  After every downward trend, there's a rise that peaks higher then the previous upward trend.

Seriously people.  Humans are supposed to be prone to picking out patterns, it shouldn't be hard for a lot of you see the patern in the graphs.  You pick them out without even thinking about it. 

What's the saying?  Haters gonna hate.  And hating on a game is pretty sad.  But even sadder is showing graphs that don't support your hate. 

I don't know wat All time graph you were looking at, but it is definatly going down and down as the time passes, but on a 3 monthly graph it seems to be preety even.

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401

I hope the curve is going down. Last time that happened we got Apocrypha as CCP's attempt to fix it. Seems people dont know that the reason that expansion was as big as it was, was that CCP knew it was a do or die patch, and they brought everyone and thier dog onbord to make it. Question is if CCP is going to go all in on DUST 514 in hopes of getting a second source of income, or if they will see a need to boost EvE once more and put everything else on the back burner to do it.

I could live with an expansion like that again...

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

Originally posted by sbanting

Originally posted by Uhwop

Hi ..Guys

I don't know wat All time graph you were looking at, but it is definatly going down and down as the time passes, but on a 3 monthly graph it seems to be preety even.

Look at the "All time daily average", "Past six months", "Past year". 

They all show the exact same trend.  The all time daily average chart is the most important overall as it shows how growth has worked since the beginning.  Since there is a trend emerging that shows a steady rise with periodic dips, you can make an assesment of were the trend will go in the future that is further backed by showings of the same trend for 6 months and the past years daily average.  The graph doesn't lie, and it sure as hell doesn't show a continual drop in activity.  That is unless you take a small portion and represent it out of context, like you did.

BTW, you would be VERY bad at making money on the market in EVE if you can't even follow such simple graphs as these.  It's not rocket surgery guy, in fact, it's really obvious information.  You can even mouse over the graphs to get the information in writing if looking at all those lines start to confuse you.