Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Amazon date of release -2012?

Just received this email from amazon:

"Star Wars: The Old Republic (PC DVD)"

Estimated arrival date: January 03 2012 - January 07 2012

Is it a bad estimate or are they really just releasing it then? Anyone else got this particular email?

Comments

• DarkholmeDarkholme Member UncommonPosts: 1,212

That's just a filler date because EA hasn't given the release date out yet, only a release window. It will be correct as soon as EA officially announces it and informs the retailers.

-------------------------
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Member Since March 2004

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

It's currently on for 2011 Holiday season. September they are planning a hard release date. January 2012 isn't 2011 holiday season.

A placeholder. Nothing more.

• TJixleeTJixlee Member Posts: 159

yes and its only there so that no one has a clue when the real release is. got the same email IMO. they say that to be safe most of all. i have seen fro august all the way to january. just covering there own butts

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by Jimmy562

It's currently on for 2011 Holiday season. September they are planning a hard release date. January 2012 isn't 2011 holiday season.

A placeholder. Nothing more.

Indeed.  Go to 10 different sites to order and you are likely to get 10 different placeholder dates.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• Argo951Argo951 Member Posts: 123

It's just amazon being bad

• MarajhaMarajha Member Posts: 22

I thought it was a placeholder, but as the confirmation came after comic-con were they said holidays 2011 I got confused. Thanks for the replys guys.

• knapuknapu Member Posts: 131

Strage cos once i pre ordered from amazon i got email that the shipment is set for 21. October 2011

I am the punishment of God...
    If you had not committed great sins,
    God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you
    — Genghis Khan

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

One of their employees probably spotter the expiry date of 31st Dec 2012 in the small print on the pre-orders and ran with it.

It's officially been debunked btw http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=402299

• ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 758

Us Brits are obviously the favoured ones. I got an email from Amazon.co.uk this evening that said:

"We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:

Estimated arrival date: December 31 2011"

:)

• Argo951Argo951 Member Posts: 123

Originally posted by reaperuk

Us Brits are obviously the favoured ones. I got an email from Amazon.co.uk this evening that said:

"We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:

Estimated arrival date: December 31 2011"

:)

Estimated arrival date: January 03 2012 - January 05 2012

I'm from Scotland