Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dragon Nest - Little Coverage on MMORPG.com

shantibashantiba Member UncommonPosts: 31
Now I know many of y'all don't particularly like cutesy anime graphics and whatnot, but I have been playing the Chinese version of DN (Dragon Nest) for quite some time. There are plenty of guides, and even English speaking guilds. The NA open beta (run by Nexon, I know... >.<) is starting tomorrow at 12 PST. What the game lacks in graphics / features (ie genderlock and instanced world) is made up for with fluid, addicting combat that honestly puts vindictus to shame. If you want a pvp game where gear < skill, and any class can beat another if you are more skilled, look no further. The skill and job system is deep, with plenty of room for customization. So even if your character may look the same as someone else, it could play entirely differently.

Any thoughts? Would you give DN a try? Why or why not?

Comments

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

I'm excited to play it. It looks fun.

I'm gonna be a cleric. What do you predict to be the most used classes on the NA server?

• shantibashantiba Member UncommonPosts: 31
    As for the most played, I am not entirely sure. You can't really go wrong playing a healer though. On CN servers, or at least the one I have been playing, people tend to prefer swordmaster/acrobat/mercenary/paladin in pvp for 1v1. Leveling shouldn't be too difficult in the NA version because they removed the exp/day cap from the other versions. I personally am going to play an acrobat, which is an awesome class, but very APM dependent.

I'm one of those weird gamers that hates gender lock. I don't want my toon to be female.

Luckilly, I think the cleric looks cool, so I'll go with him.

Hopefully the game is as awesome as it looks, and it takes off.. and they'll sell new skins, like Bloodline Champions.

It got best PvP at E3.. how can you not be hyped?

• shantibashantiba Member UncommonPosts: 31

Sadly this got moved to DN general discussion, where the game won't exactly get much coverage. I am currently level 16 on the server starting the V(forget the name atm), what server are fellow MMORPGer's playing on? I totally agree with the best pvp comment, DN CN version was featured in the world cyber games. Videos of the fights (1v1 and 3v3 at least) are available, but they are hosted in China so the load is quite slow. Cleric/Paladin are both awesome pvp classes and have fun combo oriented gameplay.

EDIT: from what I have seen so far, clerics are very popular on NA servers. Don't let this discourage you though, you can specialize them into either healers or tanks, both of which are always in short supply. I recommend finding people to group up with around levels 10-12 so that xp comes faster, and you can farm abyss modes for skill tome drops.

• ZolgarZolgar Member Posts: 533

Played a few hours yesterday, and about one today. Level 13 Sorceress (still named her Zolgar though :P ).

The combat is very fun. I was a little put off at first by the aesthetics (fairly "japanime" looking), but it's been so fun that I don't notcie/mind anymore.

My only complaint at the moment is the game's heavy use of instancing. I play a lot of Guild Wars so it doesn't usually bug me, but when you can walk across each  instanced area in about 5 seconds (they're super tiny), there's a problem. Even the dungeons are split into 3+ instanced areas.

0118 999 881 999 119 725... 3

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Just started playing today and I am very impressed with this game. 

• sighlencesighlence Member UncommonPosts: 35

Just started playing it today.  So far I can say I'm having a blast !   I really enjoy the FPS like combat, a very nice twist.  I'm all about pvp mostly tho.  How do Sorcs do in pvp,  I'm hoping there not to squishy.  Thx ! ^ ^