Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Borecraft: 5 Reasons Why the World of Warcraft Will Implode

2»

Comments

• mithossmithoss Member UncommonPosts: 225

I'm playing WoW right now. I have fun. I will stay.

• DarkerFateDarkerFate Member UncommonPosts: 100

Originally posted by almalexius

I'm not sure why people always have to be so obsessed with the decline of wow or with number of subscriptions in general. To me it's much more interesting to see what new games come out and if they are any fun .

If you are done with wow, just move on.

Couldn't agree more.

Gamer by nature,
    poet by heart.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Intresting article. WoW has definatly passed it's peak now, don't think anybody can argue that. I don't think it's diying anytime soon however. In a world where people still play games like Everquest and Daoc,  WoW will still be around for a fair few years to come.

• chriselchrisel Member UncommonPosts: 990

Boring article & boring thread in wrong forum.

Make us care MORE about our faction & world pvp!

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Originally posted by SaintViktor

Interesting read. Can it actually happen ?

Link: http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/world_borecraft_5_reasons_why_world_warcraft_will_implode

They forgot the extreme prices for items in the store, however they did mention the lack of customization cosmetically and the lack of class customization in the talent tree or spells that have to be earned via feats of strength (tho i haven't actually seen that in any other game yet accept in Lotro), and i loved how they mentioned that they have raids they have raids! only to have to run them 30+ times to get anywhere because of 1: their terrible roll system that almost never drops anything for the actual class make-up in the raid and 2: the need to reach exalted with the temporary faction for the raid to get any good gear. It's all absolutely true and it's many of the main reasons i got tired of it. 

But the straw the broke my camel's back with this game was this, Ghostcrawler actually thought that magic missiles could do more damage then bullets and arrows. 

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630

When I quit WoW I did not hate it.  I was just frustrated with it.  My personal reasons:

1.  You would grind and grind at max level to get your guy to be a little better, and then hello patch day with a nerf to undo every gain you had made;

2.  They were constantly screwing with my character.  Every time I turn around they had messed with the character trees,  No other mmo (of the 9-12 I have played) changes your class abilities that often;

3.  As a primarily PvE player, I hated having to be "balanced" every time some PvPer found a new way to win in the chase each other around a pole excuse they have for arena competitions;

4.  Same old dungeons over and over and over and over;

5.  "The dance."  Guys we are in Phase 2, subparagraph A, section iii of this boss encounter.  Time for everyone to take two steps to the left while singing an Irish pub song.  It was all so terribly scripted.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

well, i just quite WOW recently but any game that caught my attention for 3-4 years is monumental.

• NekkuroNekkuro Member Posts: 162

Originally posted by Madimorga

WoW has served its purpose.  It has made Blizzard and Activision and various investors and advertisers rich beyond reason.  It has made MMOs a household name to the point that every Dr. Phil wannabe on the planet is pontificating on the addiction potential of computer games.  Even frat boys and cheerleaders know what WoW is, and some of them even play it (although torture-sorry, I meant enhanced interrogation-might be required to get them to admit to it).

WoW can't fail, can't implode, it can't do anything except slide gracefully into its sunset years and an indefinate semi-retirement with a much smaller playerbase.  Just because it's not really my cup o gaming tea (it bores me silly, too) doesn't mean I can't acknowledge facts.

QFFT.

If the developers try to resist the retirement of WoW by any means, they are playing into their own demise.

If they are smart, they will ease WoW into its retirement peacefully and gracefully like (as you said) a sun setting over the horizon and finally becoming dusk. this does not mean that WoW has "died".

Think of boiling a cup of salt-water. the hardcore players "the salt" will stay and become the playerbase after WoW has retired as the water will evaporate and migrate to other games.

Once the sun is finally down, the players me come and go as they please to look back on the grand adventure WoW certainly was..

And who knows? maybe the sun will rise again.

• EronakisEronakis Member UncommonPosts: 2,248

A very well written article. A good read. I agree on everything he says. Like others have said, hes just beating a dead horse.

World of Warcraft is just like tee-ball, everyone wins a trophy.

Mmos before the WoW phenom, you actually had to earn something. Your epic 1.0 in EQ? yeah camping Phinny for a week straight to just get one drop, you earned that through the virtue of persistence. I do agree that we have a new path from that type of gameplay. Not a fork in the road path, but simply improve it. Don't challenge us by time sinks and repeativeness. Challenge us by our minds, and make us think of our own strategy. I am telling, you the way is adaptabitive gameplay. Been saying it for a while on here.

• NeVeRLiFtNeVeRLiFt Member UncommonPosts: 380

Originally posted by Amathe

When I quit WoW I did not hate it.  I was just frustrated with it.  My personal reasons:

1.  You would grind and grind at max level to get your guy to be a little better, and then hello patch day with a nerf to undo every gain you had made;

2.  They were constantly screwing with my character.  Every time I turn around they had messed with the character trees,  No other mmo (of the 9-12 I have played) changes your class abilities that often;

3.  As a primarily PvE player, I hated having to be "balanced" every time some PvPer found a new way to win in the chase each other around a pole excuse they have for arena competitions;

4.  Same old dungeons over and over and over and over;

5.  "The dance."  Guys we are in Phase 2, subparagraph A, section iii of this boss encounter.  Time for everyone to take two steps to the left while singing an Irish pub song.  It was all so terribly scripted.

roflmao

good post, it's so funny but everything you said is true

Played: MCO - EQ/EQ2 - WoW - VG - WAR - AoC - LoTRO - DDO - GW/GW2 - Eve - Rift - FE - TSW - TSO - WS - ESO - AA - BD
    Playing: Sims 3 & 4, Diablo3 and PoE
    Waiting on: Lost Ark
    Who's going to make a Cyberpunk MMO?

• tepthtanistepthtanis Member Posts: 545

I hope everyone realizes that Wow could've kept the romance going... but like every groom to be , they got complacent...

Played Wow, D and L, AOC, GW, Eve, Rift and many more insignificant games.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

Originally posted by Metentso

We had wow-killers and since this is not happening now it's wow imploding? Some people are obsessed with WoW.

yep, its kind of sad actually..... WoW envy

I self identify as a monkey.

• AgileeAgilee Member Posts: 46

Thats so funny, funny funny funny. This guy has only one good point and its the capping out one. 

Microtransactions.... really? So what its suppose to be free? Yeaa im bored of this server, *blink* im on another yay...? Again, im pretty sure they made it expensive so they dont have ass-hats running around server to server. If you want to be on a good server, think and do some research if you want.

Capping out- okay sure sure it gets boring but.. he says "out the window once you’ve run your 30th trip" I really highly doubt that guy even did that many runs. In fact new patches come out about every 2-4 months... and bring new raids with obviously new bosses. Yes it does mean you need to grind all over again for better gear.. but who the hell cares, i mean I personally raid in order to kill the bosses and have the satisfaction that I did it. And im sorry but my only defense to this is if you dont like it... why are you crying just leave just leave no one cares. Im sure theres millions of people who do enjoy it, like myself and dont mind it that might be why this game is doing so well. In fact i even think the people that cry about it are the people that suck balls and sit in stormwind with nothing do to because no one wants there 2k dps with full 353 gear.

Unique faces in the crowd- Omg are you a girl? I NEED TO BE UNIQUE wtf is that like cmon im done with this one its so stupid. Its almost as he ran out of ideas and just added this shit to make it seem like "ooh theres 5 reasons?"

Muddy content waters- I dont even know what this one is about. What is he even trying to say.. daily quests are boring is all im getting out of it and that they need to make it fun with all of their money? Wow, dam that hit the spot your right man they're boring, and oh tell me a game that they arent boring? (hopefully stwor ) Again leave, stop playing this game, kill yourself if you want to idc.

Palette Swap- Okay this is stupid again, i wonder if this guy even thought for one second why the "fashion sense" is boring and stale. Maybe it was made 6-7 years ago? nahh cant be it. Also if they made better graphics, what about their original gamers, they just need to buy new PC's in order to play the game they like? Man oh man this guy just needs to stop and think.

i just wanted to post this cause its funny that everyones like, yeah nice article .. lol  right sounds like he played until lvl 60 then stopped cause no one wanted him and made some shit up.

• EscargonEscargon Member Posts: 78

1. I have never ever bought anything from their store.

Faction change/race change costs way too much its a sad joke. It costs way more than watching movies on cinema and people actually think twice there.

Small pets and mounts costs way too much, its like a theft.

But- i cant do anything about it. Any nonaddicted person will laugh at it and just reroll a new character in new servers but addicted people doesnt care about the cost at all. 90% of Orgrimmars alts use that winged lion as a mount.

Blizzard knows how to make cash. When will we be able to see a new supercool heirloom boot for 35 bucks? Im pretty sure everyone will buy it just to level a bit faster.

2. I dont honestly care about doing the same instance over and over again, its the base stuffs in any MMO.

But what i do hate is the rushers. WoWs instances is waaaaay too easy now, but here in DDO the WoW rerollers wont care. They think its WoW, rush thru everything, skip bosses and screw up so hard i have to use my paladins Lay on Hands early.

Sure, noone wants slow dungeons, but rofl, care to make it ten seconds longer so we can get every reward and not pissing players off kthx?

But who cares, i enjoy the stupid rushers that doesnt care about anything, gets one shoted by mobs that requires different tactics and step on every trap they come thru and blame the healer for not healing.

The best thing, they QQ and leaves instantly and never comes back to the game cause it requires to think before moving.

3. This is true and fails so hard. I remember back in TBC/Vanilla when my character looked so cool and everyone wanted to screenshot me. Now everyone in WoW looks the same.

Blizzard wont bother to make cool armours anymore. Im saying this again- fail.

4. Sure man i hate dailies. Their useless if they just rewards gold but you need em sometimes for rep. Im like the only person who dont bother wasting two hours a day doing the same old crap dailies.

5. I dont see whats the problem putting unique gear on a same modeled boss. Wtf. But one thing is true: Its boring to see that Blizzard double the size of a mob to make it a boss. I mean come on, cash rains over you?

I dont care about doing dungeons time to time but WoW is turning out to be more like an instanced game than a MMO.

I dont care anymore, even Diablo 2 feels more MMO than warcraft. The world is dead, everyone sits in Orgrimmar and queue.

Lets hope Titan or whatever their new MMO is called wont fail like this.

Yawn

• GuileplayerGuileplayer Member Posts: 418

don't worry guys GW 2 will kill WoW. I am sure of it after visiting that forum. Everyone over there seems very sure of it. I hear GW 2 will have p2p type polish and contents as a b2p game. And we will get P2P type added content over time via patches.

Currently Playing: SSFIV AE, SFxTekken, SWTOR, WoW. Waiting for: GW2, Resident Evil 6.

• KwanseiKwansei Member UncommonPosts: 334

Originally posted by Guileplayer

don't worry guys GW 2 will kill WoW. I am sure of it after visiting that forum. Everyone over there seems very sure of it. I hear GW 2 will have p2p type polish and contents as a b2p game. And we will get P2P type added content over time via patches.

Forums posters  =/= generalizable sample in an MMO. And one could even argue they'd be mostly outliers.