Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Heads up.

OnarixOnarix Oakville, ONMember Posts: 84

I played this game up to level 40 and after 38 it becomes horrid. The "main story quests" in which are only offered a few a level will only get you 20-30% into the level. After that it becomes a mindless grind of GQ'S (Guild quests that consist of at least 150 of 4 different types for monsters or Repeatables which I dont even need to talk about.

It then either becomes, drop $30 on exp charms or don't and accept the mindless grind. Did I say that the GQ's and Reps only give 3-4% of your exp at that time.

Then again this isn't a troll and a friendly presentation of the game features that I personally dislike. Im sorry but this does not deserve a spot ahead of GW2.

Tagged:

Free to play means pay to win.

Comments

• AIMonsterAIMonster Apopka, FLMember Posts: 2,059

Originally posted by Onarix

I played this game up to level 40 and after 38 it becomes horrid. The "main story quests" in which are only offered a few a level will only get you 20-30% into the level. After that it becomes a mindless grind of GQ'S (Guild quests that consist of at least 150 of 4 different types for monsters or Repeatables which I dont even need to talk about.

It then either becomes, drop $30 on exp charms or don't and accept the mindless grind. Did I say that the GQ's and Reps only give 3-4% of your exp at that time.
    Then again this isn't a troll and a friendly presentation of the game features that I personally dislike. Im sorry but this does not deserve a spot ahead of GW2.

A few things worth mentioning here.

The grind to max level (50) is much quicker than most F2P or even some P2P MMOs, and no you don't have to spend money on EXP charms to achieve it quickly.  Hard grinding you can hit 50 within a week, and semi-hardcore somewhat more casual grinding you'll be able to achieve it in 2-3 weeks.  A casual will eventually hit 50 just playing casually.

While guild quests are an optimal way to level, so is running dungeons.  It's true a grind begins at around 36, and it can be quite nasty, but don't let the "150 of at least 4 different types of monsters" (also inaccurate, it's about 120 monsters TOTAL, or 40 each at max level) fool you, the kill rate is extremely quick in this game that the huge number isn't quite an accurate measure of how long it takes.  In a group doing GQs, you'll find it only takes about 5-10 minutes to complete a GQ, and yes unless you do dungeons too it will take many of them to grind to max level (you can also do non-guild related repeatables too which offer less monsters to kill for about the same EXP, which actually give EXP at a rate faster than GQs, but GQs are the preferred method of most because they also benefit your guild too).

So, there is more options than just grinding out GQs for leveling and while the game does get grindy, it's not really as bad as most F2Ps.

It's completely unfair to compare this game to GW2.  GW2 isn't even in a widely played beta yet and probably won't be released for a long time still, and GW2 requires you to pay for the game initially while Eden Eternal is a F2P (one that literally does not require you to play a dime to enjoy at max level either).  GW2 is probably working with a MUCH bigger budget too.

Raptr link because it's the cool new trend:

• xK3runexK3rune Vallejo, CAMember Posts: 100

Are you seriously complaining? A lot of people find this game to be great, doing GQs with a guild you like is not bad either. 150 monsters, you make it sound so bad, it's only a few minutes worth, have you played MapleStory? & LOL @ $30 of exp charms, you don't need them AT ALL to cap. Anyways, most of what I wanna say have been said by the above poster, no need to discourage others from trying a great game cuz of a stupid complaint.

• zastrophzastroph UranganMember Posts: 242

And then you get the pathetic anti bot capchas, pne at log in, which should be enough, but apparently it does not work, so they have one in game as well, that pops up more often than not, and demands that you type in some random number, or be ejected from the game, with only 30 seconds to respond! I stoped playing a week ago, and have no intention of going back, proberly not even if they remove the garbage!

• dageezadageeza london, KYMember Posts: 578

I like many of this games features but the consistent in game capcha is to much as it makes me feel like i am being punished for what a small minority is doing and takes away any immersion or intimacy i was feeling for the game..

These capchas often pop up right in the middle of a fights ebb and flow and its an unacceptable and lame way to deal with the gold bot problem..

The aeria points cost to item worth is somewhat overpriced as well but at least you can own your bags...

To sum it up its a great game with a crappy anti gold system in place by aeria..

If you dont mind feeling like you are being punished for killing fast and typing 4 digits in every 1 to 5 minutes when in the field it is a fun game and deserves a look...

Playing GW2..

It's pathetic, because, there is one at log in time, which aparently does not work, because they feel they need one in game as well. If the one at log in does not work, why would they think that the in game one works for any other reason that to punish the genuine player!!!

• JaxaarJaxaar Rogers, ARMember Posts: 73

Originally posted by zastroph

If the one at log in does not work, why would they think that the in game one works for any other reason that to punish the genuine player!!!

i'm having that problem... i already logged in at the website but i cant login on the login screen when i start up the game....

kept sayin' : "Invalid username/password" even though i used the same username and password from my aeriagames account..... makes no sense... image

Originally posted by Jaxaar

Originally posted by zastroph

If the one at log in does not work, why would they think that the in game one works for any other reason that to punish the genuine player!!!

i'm having that problem... i already logged in at the website but i cant login on the login screen when i start up the game....

kept sayin' : "Invalid username/password" even though i used the same username and password from my aeriagames account..... makes no sense... image

Yeah, the one at log on, is very hard to read, I usually refresh it several time, untill I get one that is readable.

• Try using a capital at the beginning of your password.  Works for me everytime.  I love eden.  Even with captchas.  

• VulskoVulsko Canton, GAMember Posts: 80

I disagree with the OP, the game is awesome with a lot of features I'd like to see in some other games. I think they're doing well so far, as long as they don't go down the mindless "over powered cash shop weapons" way, we'll be all good!

I have not played this game for about a month now, so totally over the withdrawal symptoms!

Fantastic game totally let down by a PATHETIC idea!