Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has EA announced the sub fee yet?

LydarSynnLydarSynn Member UncommonPosts: 181

I've been looking for this info prior to pre-ordering. I think its a little shady offering the game for sale without announcing the total actual price. Did I miss this info??

Comments

• donjuanagaindonjuanagain Member UncommonPosts: 135

Well if you can afford to buy the game, then you can afford the monthly sub. No, they havent annouced it yet.

• LydarSynnLydarSynn Member UncommonPosts: 181

Thanks for the reply. I can afford the game and the sub but I might choose not to if they take it up too high.

• seabass2003seabass2003 Member Posts: 4,144

So they have pre-orders available but nobody knows what the payment method will be yet? If this is true I'm staying away from this one at least for the time being.

So far from searching I have found three different answers: RMT, Monthly or RMT + Monthly.

In America I have bad teeth. If I lived in England my teeth would be perfect.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

Originally posted by seabass2003

So they have pre-orders available but nobody knows what the payment method will be yet? If this is true I'm staying away from this one at least for the time being.

So far from searching I have found three different answers: RMT, Monthly or RMT + Monthly.

Is that you in that picture? You are too young for MMOs, it shouldn't matter lol. Hopefully we will hear more soon :-)

There Is Always Hope!

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Originally posted by donjuanagain

Well if you can afford to buy the game, then you can afford the monthly sub. No, they havent annouced it yet.

This makes zero sense.

"if you have $60 then you have $75" is pretty much what you just said, its like the people who say if you can afford a game console you can afford an HDTV.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• britzbanbritzban Member UncommonPosts: 260

Originally posted by parrotpholk

It will be 15ish a month with some random trash in a shop like every other game out there currently.  Even if it was 20 a month that is still super cheap.

lol...you are funny.   $20 a month is not super cheap for an mmorpg subscription.  If they even attempted that amount, they would be screwing themselves and I am pretty confident there is not a single game on the market charging that much.   It will probably be $14.99 a month like all other mmorpgs.

• DemenshaDemensha Member UncommonPosts: 76

1. No release date.......check

2. No early access date.....check

3. Early access valid til December 2012.......check

4. Does Early access= Beta access as well?

5. If so then does the 30 day game time that comes with purchaseing the game includes your time in beta?

6. Will there be a wipe @ end of beta? Many will assume yes but.....?!!

7. Too little info coming from bioware but ppl are throwing their money @ em......check

I got burnt by MO because i made to many assumptions, wont be doing that again.

No thank you, ill keep my money til something more concrete is announced.

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

99% chance its 14.99. almost 99.99999999% chance it wont be more.

Also a fairly decent chance that there will be 3month or 6 month at a reduced cost.

all stats have a 20% chance of being wrong 35% of the time.

• cerb123cerb123 Member Posts: 46

Originally posted by warmaster670

Originally posted by donjuanagain

This makes zero sense.

"if you have $60 then you have $75" is pretty much what you just said, its like the people who say if you can afford a game console you can afford an HDTV.

If you are actually living so close to your means that you literally have less than 15 dollars left once all is said and done - Bravo... I don't know how you ensure your energy bill comes out the same every month, I know mine fluctuates up or down by at least 15 dollars in a given service cycle. The truth about it is, when something to expensive because of a 15 dollar increase it is almost always because the person does not want to pay the extra money not because they literally cannot afford it financially. That does not mean it is not important for a company to price their subscription correctly though; I would not pay for a subscription above 20 dollars even though I could easily take the hit to the wallet. To put it simply, people either live above their means or bellow it almost never at it. In any situation though, 15... 20... even 30 dollars is chump change for 30 days for entertainment. That being said, I would still never pay above 20 for a subscription.

• kreakrea Member UncommonPosts: 237

Originally posted by Entropy14

99% chance its 14.99. almost 99.99999999% chance it wont be more.

Also a fairly decent chance that there will be 3month or 6 month at a reduced cost.

all stats have a 20% chance of being wrong 35% of the time.

Yep think so to will be around same as that other big mmo

• VulskoVulsko Member Posts: 80

It'd be nice if they tried to stride away from the $14.99/mo, but it's pretty probable it will still be that amount. :/

• lunatislunatis Member UncommonPosts: 261

It's not about who's rich and who's not, but my guess is it will be around 20$/month with a 12 months or 25$/month monthlee.

Will that affect your ability to pay? Probably not. Will that raise the standard for mmorpg prices? Sure will!

It's ok, it would define the game as a AAA title, and would also guarantee a crowd for the less expensive games out there with less budget.

I think it's allright, everyone might not like it however!

PS THIS IS JUST A GUESS, AND A "what if" :)

Originally posted by keithian

Originally posted by seabass2003

Is that you in that picture? You are too young for MMOs, it shouldn't matter lol. Hopefully we will hear more soon :-)

I slipped and fell in the Fountain of Youth. I do hope to hear more soon but still find it odd that they are selling the game with so little information out about major things.

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731

why do u think it would b any more than all other games? some of u amaze me at the really rediculous questions here. will there b a wipe at end of beta? uh.......hello? of course there will b. news flash: beta isnt for being the first to play and rush to end game. its to TEST the game for last minute bugs and issues. have u beta tested b4? cus of all the games ive tested (and its been all the major ones) none of them carried over from beta to live. does ur 30 day game time include beta? r u serious? omg, i cant believe i actually wrote this long of a post responding to this idiot.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

-- You'd rather them force a date if the game isn't ready?  Yea, shovel it out why don't you.  People @*#&;!$ when games come out too early and you've got the cohones to complain that they won't release it til it's ready?

-- Bioware announced Early access is 6 days prior to launch for CE/DD, 3 days for regular edition preorders.  See the first response.

-- Please don't be an architect or a lawyer because your case is built on fallacy.  It's crumbling.

--  Bioware has ANNOUNCED that Weekend Beta's are in starting in September.  And since EARLY ACCESS is 6 days prior to launch.

5. If so then does the 30 day game time that comes with purchaseing the game includes your time in beta?

-- Bioware FAQ says the 30 days begins on LAUNCH day NOT starting on your beta or your early access.  Not assuming anything but are you FREAKIN' kidding me?  Even insinuating the OB is going to cost you your game time.  In the words of Mr. T "I pity the fool"

-- No comment here.  I don't know but I would assume so as ALL GAMES wipe anymore.

7. Too little info coming from bioware but ppl are throwing their money @ em......check

-- Too little info?  Bioware announces their announcements.  Weekly stuff is coming out.  Would you prefer they just give you their game codes so you can read through all of it?  How bout they spoon feed you all the quests and spoilers too.

Edit:  I feel the need to edit to include this is the PERFECT example of Wizard's First Rule.

• DemenshaDemensha Member UncommonPosts: 76

Originally posted by silverreign

why do u think it would b any more than all other games? some of u amaze me at the really rediculous questions here. will there b a wipe at end of beta? uh.......hello? of course there will b. news flash: beta isnt for being the first to play and rush to end game. its to TEST the game for last minute bugs and issues. have u beta tested b4? cus of all the games ive tested (and its been all the major ones) none of them carried over from beta to live. does ur 30 day game time include beta? r u serious? omg, i cant believe i actually wrote this long of a post responding to this idiot.

I thought EXACTLY like you, then i got involved in MO (beta and early access) . Hence the questions ...idiot.

• hayes303hayes303 Member UncommonPosts: 430

1. Go to the SWTOR website and click on Pre-oreder. Then go to FAQ. Read the whole thing, vice every 5th line.

2. Go back to the GW2 forums/ArcheAge/Tera forums from whence you came and bother fans of this game no more.

This is EA/BioWare, not Avertine or SV. They are unlikely to string us along for 3 yrs and then produce vapourware.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

Actually, judging from the early pre-order freazy, I'd say if any title has a good chance to break the 14.99 barrier it's this title, and from what they spent to build it, they could use an extra dollar or two a month to recoop the costs sooner.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Ikeda

-- You'd rather them force a date if the game isn't ready?  Yea, shovel it out why don't you.  People @*#&;!$ when games come out too early and you've got the cohones to complain that they won't release it til it's ready?

If you are selling a product (even a pre-order) you should have a release date and let people know what the payment method will be.

-- Bioware announced Early access is 6 days prior to launch for CE/DD, 3 days for regular edition preorders.  See the first response.

Yeah, so when is the release date? Also, what is the payment method?

-- Please don't be an architect or a lawyer because your case is built on fallacy.  It's crumbling.

I consider this just the SOP of CYA.

--  Bioware has ANNOUNCED that Weekend Beta's are in starting in September.  And since EARLY ACCESS is 6 days prior to launch.

Ok, that still tells us nothing as far as launch and payment method.

-- Bioware FAQ says the 30 days begins on LAUNCH day NOT starting on your beta or your early access.  Not assuming anything but are you FREAKIN' kidding me?  Even insinuating the OB is going to cost you your game time.  In the words of Mr. T "I pity the fool"

This is also SOP, 30 days free being from launch date. When is launch date again? Oh, what is the payment method?

-- No comment here.  I don't know but I would assume so as ALL GAMES wipe anymore.

I'm going with this: There is always a wipe for actual betas.

-- Too little info?  Bioware announces their announcements.  Weekly stuff is coming out.  Would you prefer they just give you their game codes so you can read through all of it?  How bout they spoon feed you all the quests and spoilers too.

No, but I would like to know when the game is going to be launched and what their method of payment is going to be. That isn't to much to ask is it?

Edit:  I feel the need to edit to include this is the PERFECT example of Wizard's First Rule.

• KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921

I am willing to bet they will go with the standard £9 or $15 price, why do I say this?

So far the DD and standard edtitions have following the sort of prices set by companies like Blizzard and Ubisoft for games lately.  There may be a slight variance in the EU due to the hiking of VaT to pay for fat bankers bonuses.

However, it is true that the £9 a month model is now 8 years old and has not yet changed inspite of Vat Changes.  Basically EA are still looking to establish what the highesst acceptable price point is for ToR.  So my advice is, if they announce anything more than $15 write to them stating that you feel its too high and will be considering cancelling your order.  Money has the loudest voice in the world.

But I think we will see them pitching the sub price the same as wow they wont want to give blizzard any more ammo. 

They dropped the ball with the pre-order prices in some peoples minds, but most accept that things cost more than they used to, if you dont believe me, ask your grandparents how much a pint of beer used to cost.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

We have everything except a subscription fee announcment. Not sure why one would wait when pretty much everything else is being revealed. It just makes me think it will be more than the normal sub fee.

• mad-hattermad-hatter Member UncommonPosts: 241

14.99, it's the standard really.  Any more would just be stupid, sure a lot would still pay for it, but I wouldn't and a lot of others wouldn't.  Anything less would just be gravy.

• KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921

Originally posted by SaintViktor

We have everything except a subscription fee announcment. Not sure why one would wait when pretty much everyting els eis being revealed. It just makes me think it will be more than the normal sub fee.

We dont have release date, or the super secret never been done before endgame feature they keep hinting at.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Originally posted by Kyleran
    Actually, judging from the early pre-order freazy, I'd say if any title has a good chance to break the 14.99 barrier it's this title, and from what they spent to build it, they could use an extra dollar or two a month to recoop the costs sooner.
    My bet has been that this will be the game that ups the fee.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Originally posted by Kothoses

Originally posted by SaintViktor

We have everything except a subscription fee announcment. Not sure why one would wait when pretty much everyting els eis being revealed. It just makes me think it will be more than the normal sub fee.

We dont have release date, or the super secret never been done before endgame feature they keep hinting at.

This is true but it still feels odd to me.