Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Earth Eternal: Earth Eternal Returns!

A lot of excitement coming out of the internet today as the announcement that Earth Eternal was on its way back to the North American market. Outblaze and TurnOut Ventures made the announcement exclusively through MMORPG.com this morning, now you can check out the entire press release right here.

Outblaze and TurnOut Ventures proudly announce the return of Earth Eternal to the US this summer. Revamped, revived, and under new ownership, Earth Eternal is about to start an Open Beta test. Within the next few weeks, players will be able to beta-test the new and improved Earth Eternal. Join the epic adventure set in our planet’s remote future at www.eartheternal.com!

Read more of Earth Eternal Returns!.

Comments

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

"A lot of excitement coming out of the internet today" Yea thats true, but not about this game ;) talk about unfortunate timing.... :)

• wildtalentwildtalent Member UncommonPosts: 380

I'm glad to see this title resurected.  It was fun for what it was and a great f2p that I could set my kid up on one pc me on another and play together.  I'm interested to see the new improvements.

• uidCausticuidCaustic Member Posts: 128

Yay, a place for all the furries to go.  Now I won't have to deal with them in real MMOs.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

"You will need a Facebook account to sign in."

Yeah, no thank you.

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488

Originally posted by Rednecksith

Yeah, no thank you.

Yeah I second that ...

• merieke82merieke82 Member Posts: 165

Originally posted by manaia36

Yeah, no thank you.

Yeah I second that ...

Who wouldn't want their ex-girlfriend, wife, mother, father, friend, etc to know about their online exploits as a furry?

I find FB login stupid for anytihng besides facebook. Just don't get it.

• melenonemelenone Member Posts: 25

First thing they did was say you start out fresh .......With your facebook account!!was mad myself...Alot of people wanted this game to be back and running ..i guess thats happening and there site says in a matter of weeks, just have to use my fake account yet agian for the facebook junk ..ffs I dont really want me 29 year old freinds knowing this is what i do with spare time:)I really hate facebook i guess is what im trying to say....ill shutup now:)

• PingmeisterPingmeister Member Posts: 51

Finally a reason to make a fake Facebook account for gaming!

I've been wanting a reason!

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Originally posted by Pingmeister

Finally a reason to make a fake Facebook account for gaming!

I've been wanting a reason!

MST3k mmo would be the bomb. 

In the not too distant future, 

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527

This facebook exclusivity is getting out of hand.  I do not have a facebook account by choice and I was really happy to see that earth eternal was back and then ... GRRRR...  Why do I want to trumpet my life to the world?  I like to have as light a presence on the internet as I can muster.

BIG amount of fail forcing you to have a facebook logon.

Also note some people arent even allowed to have a facebook page because of where they work. 

• SenadinaSenadina Member UncommonPosts: 896

I felt the same way after I bought Dungeon Siege 3 and found out I needed a Steam account to activate. Was avoiding Steam, and now Valve is milking me dry $5 to $10 dollars at a time...lol.

• RoninEERoninEE Member Posts: 1

Earth Eternal isn't so much reborn so much as the undead. It is EXACTLY the same game as previous players remember it, with the same bugs, performance issues, lag and glitches.  As a browser based MMO the graphics are obviously poor compared to others.  The models are the glaring change and for the worse; it's a major step backwards and they're no longer cute.  The quests are few and far between so be prepared for a lot of endless, repetitive grinding.  The classes are Knight/Rogue/Druid/Mage.  Clearly the most basic in MMOs.  Obviously the game lacks originality and creativity.  Worse, there is not much support or recognition for the insights and suggestions for the community

• melenonemelenone Member Posts: 25

Originally posted by RoninEE

Earth Eternal isn't so much reborn so much as the undead. It is EXACTLY the same game as previous players remember it, with the same bugs, performance issues, lag and glitches.  As a browser based MMO the graphics are obviously poor compared to others.  The models are the glaring change and for the worse; it's a major step backwards and they're no longer cute.  The quests are few and far between so be prepared for a lot of endless, repetitive grinding.  The classes are Knight/Rogue/Druid/Mage.  Clearly the most basic in MMOs.  Obviously the game lacks originality and creativity.  Worse, there is not much support or recognition for the insights and suggestions for the community

ty debbie downer ....

• HenchdwarfHenchdwarf Member UncommonPosts: 517

Yeah, no thank you.

why not?  i have a real fb account. and my "pal" cornelius mcgarnickle does too!

• ultrastoatultrastoat Member Posts: 172

I literally did a little dance in my chair. GO figure, but EE had an ambience that I can't find in any other game.

I am going to restart my guild, Noonvale!

• bbegirlbbegirl Member Posts: 61

Just because it uses facebook to login doesn't mean that you announce it to the world, this isn't farmville now is it?

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

Originally posted by bbegirl

Just because it uses facebook to login doesn't mean that you announce it to the world, this isn't farmville now is it?

The Facebook update that changes your privacy settings so that by default, it does send messages to all your Facebook friends every time you do anything in the game is due sometime around next month.

Facebook has automatically loosened privacy settings enough times that you should assume that everything you ever do on Facebook will eventually be public information, even if it isn't at the time.

-----

The original article reads like a press release.  Which is probably exactly what it is.  Reviving a game that previously shut down is surely worthy news.  But classifying the article in a section that is mostly articles that try to be balanced rather than gushing is a little jarring.

• pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561

Screw Facebook and all of it's sweet little games! And while you're at it.Screw all of those lips smooching posing girls!

(Social Media Rage)

Thank you.

• HenchdwarfHenchdwarf Member UncommonPosts: 517

Originally posted by nhavas

I literally did a little dance in my chair. GO figure, but EE had an ambience that I can't find in any other game.

i love it! can i join?  i only play as a little fat cyclops tho, just warning you...

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

Originally posted by uidCaustic

Yay, a place for all the furries to go.  Now I won't have to deal with them in real MMOs.

Feel'n the pinch of Competition were you?

There are about to be many more Cornelius McGarnickles!

Brilliant!

• ultrastoatultrastoat Member Posts: 172

Originally posted by Cruoris

Originally posted by nhavas

i love it! can i join?  i only play as a little fat cyclops tho, just warning you...

By all means! I wonder when the beta is going to start...

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

I had some fun with it before the plug the first time around.

Cute, mindless fun, just don't buy any cash shop items, they might not last for long. 

I was offered a special deal  to spend about 50.00 on stuff 3 weeks before the game closed, Dev's last gasp attempt to keep the doors open apparently.  Looks like we former players get no credit for that expenditure (not really expecting any) but surprised to see we lost our characters too.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• zeowyrmzeowyrm Member Posts: 746

I enjoyed the original greatly, although part of the charm was the character models.  I'll give it a look at least.

Oh, and for those bitching about it being linked to FB, if you're that concerned about what people might think of you because you play a game, well, maybe it's time to find a new hobby.