Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Thontic - The God of the Sea

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

In an exclusive lore reveal this week, the fine folks at Trion bring us a look at Thontic: Telara's God of the Sea.  Epic in size and power, Thontic is not a being to be trifled with.

The faceless Abyssal say that Thontic merely imitates Akylios’s genius, but this is a filthy lie. Akylios represents the profane darkness of the crushing deeps, where sanity flees even the design of nature and hideous secrets wait, hidden from the light. Thontic is the deity who guides travelers to safe harbor, who hides teeming life and fantastic revelations beneath the briny tide. While the Abyssal are misers of knowledge, hoarding secrets until their minds burst, Thontic’s priests are patrons of wisdom, answering life’s great questions and revealing their discoveries for the benefit of all.

Read more of Trion Worlds' Thontic - God of the Sea.  

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• munsil42munsil42 Member UncommonPosts: 96

Will have to say, Trion does push out content for sure.

• ExilorExilor Member Posts: 391

Wasn't there info about the gods available before?

• ViltusViltus Member Posts: 4

Content? You must not play the game I take it....

"You Adapt to the Game, dont change the Game to Adapt to You."

• RogoshRogosh Member UncommonPosts: 208

There is tons of content. Raids currently 3 raid zones and 6 different 10 man raid rifts and 6 different expert rifts. 4 pvp warfronts ,world pvp with quests for pvp hotzones. Hammerknell is about to open this week which will be a huge zone with 10 more raid bosses. And they are also opening pvp raid rifts for more open world pvp and 2 more ranks in pvp.

So yeah I think Munsil42 plays this game there is alot of content in Rift.

"Its better to look ugly and win than pretty and lose"

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

There's no real world PvP, no.

There's raids.  Yay.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by adam_nox
    There's no real world PvP, no.There's raids.  Yay.

I played on a PvP server and killed players out in the world and was killed by players out in the world. The game has world PvP.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

There's no world PvP because there's nobody online, my capital city is dead and there's hardly anybody in the high level zones.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Move to a high pop server then...
  • OilcanharryOilcanharry Member Posts: 73

Some of the servers have high populations at times. Mine has no shortage of players at all levels. I mean it isn't packed and crowded like right after release. But few games stay that way. This game seems to be doing fine to me. I play every day.

Man Of Constant Sorrow

• miconamicona Member UncommonPosts: 677

On Faeblight , meridien is packed every night i logon far from dead if you ask me .

• HurricanePipHurricanePip Member Posts: 167

Gotta get the lore in game.  Also, don't tell me about a character.  Write a story with the charcters in it.  For example, one of the few things that TOR marketing has done right was to create the web comic on Holonet to introduce the back story of the game.  Blizzard did the same with the story about the Worgen. 

This on the other hand is boring.  It's also generic.

If you don't worry about it, it's not a problem.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Originally posted by mbd1968

There's no world PvP because there's nobody online, my capital city is dead and there's hardly anybody in the high level zones.

Then you might wish to use the shard transfer and move to a more populated shard.  There are still a LOT of people playing Rift. But there are way too many shards for this point of the game.  But I can understand why Trion is slow to merge shards... The WoW kiddies and haters would be beside themselves in glee... "Rift is dying!!"...<rolls eyes> . 

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • carebear77carebear77 Member Posts: 86

Cloudbourne is uber full .. PLZ LEAVE !!!