Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: TBD to TBA?

2»

Comments

• Originally posted by Wharg0ul

I am thinking December, but hoping for September.....although it IS almost August now, and it seems kinda short notice to announce a release only a month in advance.

AAAGH!!! I want it NOW though!!!! I am getting seriously impatient, which is unusual for me. I think the last time I was so psyched up for a game to be released was back when Quake was announced (the original).

well the average seems to be about 2 months between the announcement and the date for mmos although WoW only had 19 to 20 days between the announcement and launch

list i put together of date announcements and launch( i know some had pushbacks prior to the dates or terrible launches but whatever):

Everquest II                Oct. 25, 2004               Nov. 8, 2004

WoW                         Nov. 3, 2004                Nov. 23, 2004

Anarchy Online           May 3, 2001                Jun. 27, 2001

EVE Online                 Mar. 5, 2003                May 6, 2003

Planetside                   May 6, 2003                May 20, 2003

Shadowbane                Jan. 9, 2003                 Mar. 25, 2003

SWG                           Jun. 17th, 2003            Jun. 26, 2003

Guild Wars                   Feb. 14, 2005              Apr. 26, 2005

DDO                             Jan. 06, 2006              Feb. 28, 2006

LOTRO                         Jan. 27, 2007               Apr. 24, 2007

Warhammer                  Aug. 6, 2008                Sept. 18, 2008

Aion                             Jun. 23, 2009                Sept. 25, 2009

DCUO                          Dec. 21, 2010                Jan. 11, 2011

Rift                               Jan. 4, 2011                   Mar. 1, 2011

• korent1991korent1991 CakovecPosts: 1,390Member

I wonder if they'll say what's the release date on com con...

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• FalcomithFalcomith Hastings, FLPosts: 800Member

Originally posted by korent1991

I wonder if they'll say what's the release date on com con...

Yep, I would pay attention to Comicon starting Thursday. I would expect an announcement....but I could be wrong. ;)

• stephen reid has said in the past that one of the things on the way to gettting a release date is preorder details so im guessing this will be the first sign that the train is on the tracks but i don't think we will get the release date at comic con

• thamighty213thamighty213 NewcastlePosts: 1,630Member

Originally posted by Abdar

If it's polished right now.. I would think that after some stress testing with a beta of some sorts, it would be good to go then no? WoWs next expansion won't be out until the new year I would think. As well.. I would think TOR would want to get their claws into some WoW people while they are quasi bored with Catacysm content. I'm saying release date is announced and it's in November.

Definitely wont be November EA has its 2nd biggest launch of the year in Battlefield 3 in Nov and has enough competition from MW4 never mind throwing its own title into the mix also,

• xKingdomxxKingdomx SydneyPosts: 1,541Member

Originally posted by thamighty213

If it's polished right now.. I would think that after some stress testing with a beta of some sorts, it would be good to go then no? WoWs next expansion won't be out until the new year I would think. As well.. I would think TOR would want to get their claws into some WoW people while they are quasi bored with Catacysm content. I'm saying release date is announced and it's in November.

Definitely wont be November EA has its 2nd biggest launch of the year in Battlefield 3 in Nov and has enough competition from MW4 never mind throwing its own title into the mix also,

MW4? are you from the future? :P

The announcement I'm waiting for is the 

"The combat has been revamped, the ones you have seen previously are just a pre-alpha build that was used as a placeholder for the launch combat system, this new combat system resembles more like Mass Effect"

:D

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• PrecusorPrecusor PalmaPosts: 4,733Member Uncommon

I hope EA isn't rushing Bioware for an early release.

• bobfishbobfish SouthamptonPosts: 1,688Member

My prediction....

Preorder announced at SDCC

Release date announced at Gamescom

• KothosesKothoses GalwayPosts: 758Member Uncommon

Originally posted by thamighty213

The Target audience is very different for those two, and EA has never been worried about competing with its self anyway.

Promoting thought a new Gaming video blog http://www.youtube.com/user/quinnthalas discussing games, gamers and the internet with gameplay footage as background.

• Dante1443Dante1443 San Diego, CAPosts: 23Member

I can just imagine every follower having a collective stroke if they announced that it was going to be released a month from now.  I know it won't happen but, wow, what a shock it would be.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Posts: 5,441Member Uncommon

This is dragging. Release date soon pls!

=-D Only on a forum can optimism be called bad and pessimism the good thing =-D Welcome to the internet and forums. 

• djvapiddjvapid Smyrna, GAPosts: 80Member

With SWG shutting down for good on December 15th and events for SWTOR running as late as November, I think it's safe to say it won't be released until late December at the earliest (perhaps Christmas?). 

2»