Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crappy game

gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477

I can tell this game is going to be crap, I browsed the website (which could be made using HTML codes that are given in the neopets HTML guide... lol). The graphics look like they are worse than Shadowbane's (an MMO that is about 3 years old), the story is stupid and it does indeed look like vaporware. Just my opinion.

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there

Comments

• neschrianeschria Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

I figure it is going to be a low-profile, niche game for people looking for very specific things in a game. I don't really expect the graphics to be cutting edge, but I rather think they are just about as good as, say, Endless Ages, which I did a trial for after seeing it on a sale rack at EB for something like $1.99. If it is better than that, well, yay.

I don't think it is going to be EQ2 or WoW, but it will have a following because it should have an interesting setting and some unique features. If they work toward pleasing that niche of players, they should do ok. Sometimes it isn't such a bad thing to play in a smaller game where most people have the chance to get to know each other, at least by reputation.

I played Underlight for a while too. Talk about dated graphics! But it was fun and different to have to interact with real people. So, I see potential in Atriarch-- not because it is the same kind of game as UL, but because I know I can enjoy games with a narrow audience, and I think the features they are aiming for are interesting enough to give it a good thorough shake. And it isn't yet another medieval fantasy slash-fest.

re: "the story is stupid"... Personally, I hate for my MMORPG to force me to participate in some sort of grand storyline, so that is not of any consequence to me. As long as the world has stuff to do, and I can make up my own storyline as I explore and meet people, I am happy.

This is where I draw the line: __________________.

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

Most the screenshots on the website are over 2 years old...

and it's still alpha...most games in alpha stage has about 1/100 graphic details of the finished product.

• SynonSynon Member Posts: 14

Like neschria said, this game is making an effort NOT to be like everything else. The box doesn't make the game, and the graphics don't make the game fun. I'm not sure about you, but I would prefer gameplay over graphics without a second thought.

I'm a little confused on what 'the story' is, I didn't realize there was only one. =p Any change from everything else is good!

• gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477

yeah, Im not the kind of player that puts my money into junk that was made in a 12 year old's garage. ::::05::

Why exactly are you trying to start a flame war? If you don't want to play the game, great, stop bothering everyone who does.

• dingofxdingofx Member Posts: 60

I doubt this game will survive simply because I don't believe they have the staff nor the resources to complete a "good" project.  Graphics are crappy in comparison to existing games and I can't comment on gameplay but I have a feeling it will follow the same trend.

I'm not flaming the game. This is just my opinion.

Shadow Exile

• killerTwinkiekillerTwinkie Member CommonPosts: 1,694

I'll be the first to try it out during open beta then, as this game has caught my attention. ::::28::

KillerTwinkie - That one guy who used to mod mmorpg.com's forums.

• gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477

Originally posted by Synon
    Why exactly are you trying to start a flame war? If you don't want to play the game, great, stop bothering everyone who does.
    Have you even see the site? Thats the worst way to present a project ever. Look at how WoW or Everquest 2 was presented on their website, I feel unobligated to try it out mainly because of the way it's presented....
    and the fact that the graphics and gameplay look crappy.

Yes, I have seen the site, and it doesn't do the game justice. They are currently in the process of designing a new site that is much more pleasing to the eyes. However, I fail to see how having a out of date website somehow makes the game suck. If you want to say "I don't think their presentation is very good" then fine, I can understand your point, but don't make the mistake of judging the game by their website... that's just ignorant. You are refering to screenshots that are years old and don't reflect the current engine, and what exactly about the gameplay do you not like? "crappy" isn't a very descriptive term, maybe instead of putting the game down you could post something positive like how to improve the game. That would be a lot more constructive.

• MornebladeMorneblade Member UncommonPosts: 272

You those of you that are obviously unfamiliar with Atriach:

The game has been in development for like 5 years, hence the not so cutting edge graphics. And I would rather play a game that plays well and looks ok, rather than play a game that looks great and plays like crap  and is bascially just EQ "rehashed" with all its archaic wack-a-mole leveling treadmill (WoW, EQ2, ect).

Gameplay: Remains to be seen. However many of the concepts are lightyears ahead of so called "cutting edge" MMO's that are out today (which are basically EQ clones and not cutting edge).

The website is well, ancient. It's been the same from at least 2000, maybe earlier. But at least they actually update it with information every week or 2, which is alot more than I can say for alot of game websites many of which dont recieve updates for months on end.

Yes, it's going to be a nitch game.

No, it wont be for everyone, and that is a very good thing when I log onto a game and see alot of hte stuff I see. I'm glad I wont have to be dealing with those people.

• ZaradisZaradis Member Posts: 241
    this game reminds me of spores which isnt bad at all it's something innovative to say the least.

Qoute: "I neva *ucked anybody over in my life, who didn't have it comin' to 'im, you got that? All I have in this world is my balls, and my word, and I don't break 'em for no one, jou understand?" Tony Montana

• JabberwokkyJabberwokky Member Posts: 58

Originally posted by gargantroo

yeah, Im not the kind of player that puts my money into junk that was made in a 12 year old's garage. ::::05::

Yeah, you actually mean something that the kid's dog made in the garage, and which the kid has to pick up and throw away with a plastic baggie over his hand! LOLOL! image 
  • JabberwokkyJabberwokky Member Posts: 58

Originally posted by Synon

maybe instead of putting the game down you could post something positive like how to improve the game. That would be a lot more constructive.

A release date? Pics of the stunning new graphics?