Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures: Ripper X Heads to Hyboria

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In the latest of his outstanding 'first impressions' video series, MMORPG.com's own Ripper X heads into the mystical lands of Hyboria as embodied in Age of Conan. Check out Ripper's first faltering footsteps on Tortuga and beyond! Watch Age of Conan: Ripper X Heads to Hyboria.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Has anyone been successful downloading the client?  I started it and it said it was going to be 16 hours so I canceled.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

love that this game has gone F2P. the only thing i disliked is how you can only play 3 classes for free and all the others you have to pay for :(. oh well, at least they did make lolrangers one of the free classes. i haven't seen so many players in Tortage ever since launch years ago.

• XzitoXzito Member Posts: 43

epic review the voice made it beast.

• PhelcherPhelcher Member CommonPosts: 1,053

The game is many years old...   why is this of any importance?

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon

• DraeghorDraeghor Member UncommonPosts: 50

Pretty good review.  With the new F2P model, I can see more people coming into the game, as it is agood game.   I would have mentioned the indicators showing where the opponents shields are to help decide which direction you want to strike.  plus, if you had gone a bit further into the Tortage section, you could explain about the day/night cycles and questing.  overall, though I think it was a good review and may spark interest of people who may have played or are lookign for a new game to play.

• TenebrionTenebrion Member Posts: 179

Rippuhhhh!

@phelcher

The reason the review is relevant is because the game just went free to play, and released an entirely new "hardcore" PVP ruleset. As someone who played AoC at launch and friggin' hated it, I'll be the first to say that the new server is decent fun. 

Content Writer for RTSGuru.com
    And overall bitter old man.

• lunatislunatis Member UncommonPosts: 261

I have played the free to play, everything works fine!

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608

Go to options in the patcher and select to install the start and lvls 1 - 20, rather than the whole 30 gigs worth of game. That will make the DL alot quicker. And then when your at lvl 19-20 Dl the rest or just the 20-60 content, etc. :)

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

love that this game has gone F2P. the only thing i disliked is how you can only play 3 classes for free and all the others you have to pay for :(. oh well, at least they did make lolrangers one of the free classes. i haven't seen so many players in Tortage ever since launch years ago.

There are 4 free classes, not 3, and the Ranger is not one of them. The free classes are Guard, Demo, Barb and PoM.

• PhelcherPhelcher Member CommonPosts: 1,053

Originally posted by Tenebrion

Rippuhhhh!

@phelcher

The reason the review is relevant is because the game just went free to play, and released an entirely new "hardcore" PVP ruleset. As someone who played AoC at launch and friggin' hated it, I'll be the first to say that the new server is decent fun. 

Again, if u havn't got anything out of AoC over the last few years...  does free to play even entice you, or make a difference..? The new ruleset is the same thing, who cares..? Been there done that..  doesn't matter if they change the color of their product, they already presented it to the world..   & failed!

So, no need to "come back" after the developer has egg on his face and they are begging... to late!

F2p = dead community, thus dead game.  Sure its free and more interesting than solitare.. but why waste your time, when it can be spent in a game that matters, that has a community of dedicated players. Not the transient F2P'ers...

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon