Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: BioWare to Make "Some announcements" at Comic-Con

Comments

• c4_Garudac4_Garuda Member Posts: 77

Originally posted by Shodanas

Release date? I don't think so. I guess the announcements will relate towards the 'never done before' stuff regarding raids and maybe something more solid about crafting. 

"To be a rock and not to roll..."

• munsil42munsil42 Member UncommonPosts: 96

That announcement, I am almost positive, will be to announce the date when the release date will be announced. An announcement of an announcement date, if you will.

• gilgamesh9gilgamesh9 Member Posts: 133

Dream: "Just fooling about the rail shooter."

Reality: "Meh."

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716

I say its news on the payment model they will say it will be a freemium model where the people who preorder get everything plus a 1 month sub and the ones that dont just get some sort of basic game.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• Dante1443Dante1443 Member Posts: 23

I'll bet they're going to tell us that Darth Vader is really Luke's father.  

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Originally posted by Dante1443

I'll bet they're going to tell us that Darth Vader is really Luke's father.  

NOOOOOOOOOO !!! image

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• HurricanePipHurricanePip Member Posts: 167

Originally posted by nolic1

I say its news on the payment model they will say it will be a freemium model where the people who preorder get everything plus a 1 month sub and the ones that dont just get some sort of basic game.

That'll never happen with the hype.  It would be an infastructure nightmare.  The idea of f2p is to bring in more players to butress a failing player community.  EA is going to have enough players.  They just need to wring more money out of them to recover the costs of building the game and still turn a 40% profit margin like Blizzard does on WoW.

I stand by box art and pre-order deals.  Worst case, they show crafting in more detail and anounce a delay to Q1 2012.  We all know it's coming.  It'll lead nicely into ME3 in March too assuming the game is stable and fun.

If you don't worry about it, it's not a problem.

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,865

Doubt they will have a release date but I think they will announce the last couple of features for the game. They will probably show off the world pvp system and maybe another operation. I could also see them announcing the date for phase 2 of the guild system on the website. I bet Comi-con is gonna be all about answering questions regarding end-game since that really is all thats left that people don't know about.

• KyBoKyBo Member UncommonPosts: 140

At 3:30PM on Thursday, July 21st our panel for Star Wars: The Old Republic will be held inside room #6BCF. During the panel we will be answering questions from the audience, Awesome, another Q&A where a BW employee will answer questions that have already been answered, dodge questions they aren't allowed to answer, and say something arrogant to anyone who asks a question that they don't like. giving away some items, Nothing wrong with free shwag, even if it's for an underwhelming project. showing new gameplay footage and making some announcements!  As others have said, the announcements will likely concern the lead-ups to release date, such as pre-order announcements, pre-order rewards, etc. There may not be a release date yet, but hey, it's getting closer.  Once the game is released, and players rush throuh all of the "epic story," and then leave, EA/BW can see how far off their projected subscription numbers are, and start fixing the design flaws that have caused so many of us gamers/SW fans to lose interest.     

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

It would be bad news if they were to announce a release date, it would be like saying, hey our game is incomplete but we will annoy you by patching it up, changing your spells/skills and balancing them as we go!

Nah at best they may release info on potential beta tests and or new undisclosed info on their story/combat system but i really would not expect bioware to even make a stab in the dark release date at this point..

Playing GW2..

• chef444chef444 Member Posts: 8

The announcemet will be how plants are designed and rendered in The Old Republic.

There will be detailed informattion on the fauna on all planets. There will be progression video of plants through different stages of growth.

The really big announcement at the end of CCSD will be Sith and Jedi flowers that are force sensitive.

SR will tweet or post something cryptic before CCSD and will post an I told ya so after CCSD.

You heard it here.

• BeachcomberBeachcomber Member Posts: 535

More gameplay footage *yawn*

This must be th emost picked over game by the developers ever, if its not perfect the masses will throw a wobbly.

• NightAngellNightAngell Member Posts: 566

They added another 2 hours to the story..image

Story story story..ermmm we know BioWare, the game has a story..image

• ScymanScyman Member Posts: 15

I'm sure they will add more detail to crafting and endgame content, maybe solo content with multiple companions or something. It also seems quite plausible to hear about pre-puchase/beta invite anouncement. I don't see them anouncing the official release date untill it is on our doorstep. They have been vague on the release so they won't be rushiing the fianl polish.

• KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921

Originally posted by Siveria

Meh who cares, I know I don't care about the next wow-clone to hit the market myself. But I know they gonna make a mint off of fanboys and girls just on box sales alone. I highy doubt there is 200 hours per class of indivual story content, when they say stuff like that I usually cut it by 75-95% and thats the true number. My main issues with swtor really, is how it bascally sounds like a world of warcraft clone just with a story and star wars skin, combat looks simmlar and th egame seems very casual.

I do wonder what they are going to announce though, would be nice if it is open beta, so I can try the game, because otherwise I won't touch it, no matter what its gameplay is like or who made it. I've lost faith in bioware after dragon age 2 and mass effect 2, so I don't really expect much out of them anymore. I don't take risks buying mmo's I've never tried anymore because almost every time they end up sucking or I dislike them and I just wasted the money.

Wonder if it could be the games release date maybe?, Details on OB, or the collectors edition etc?

You cant complain at what a game looks like when you dismiss all the evidence and base your dislikes on a reality you made up mate. 

I really despair some times, I am not saying everyone has to like it, but dismissing all the evidence and then replacing it with stuff you made up, just to hate on a game.... thats... a bit odd to me.

Just sayin

• KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921

Originally posted by chef444

The announcemet will be how plants are designed and rendered in The Old Republic.

There will be detailed informattion on the fauna on all planets. There will be progression video of plants through different stages of growth.

The really big announcement at the end of CCSD will be Sith and Jedi flowers that are force sensitive.

SR will tweet or post something cryptic before CCSD and will post an I told ya so after CCSD.

You heard it here.

LOL

Brilliant <3

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

They included an offline mode for TOR, so now single-player gamers will hop into this game as well :P

Also porting this to xbox and ps3, one year later they are implementing Wii U into the combat system for nintendo lovers.

or they can just release the game at comic con xD, and everyone goes shizzled.

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Originally posted by MikeB

This week's Friday Update on the official Star Wars: The Old Republic website features a developer blog detailing the process involved in creating the opening cinematics for the game's various classes.

Additionally, BioWare is sharing their plans for this year's San Diego Comic-Con, where they are said to be making "some announcements."

At 3:30PM on Thursday, July 21st our panel for Star Wars: The Old Republic will be held inside room #6BCF. During the panel we will be answering questions from the audience, giving away some items, showing new gameplay footage and making some announcements!

Can we expect a release date announcement at Comic-Con? No one knows, but let the speculation begin!

Now that SWG has been announced to close down, In my opinion they are going to give a release date, around christmas, but they will not give an exact date yet.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

Considering Dec 31 is the final closing of SWG, I wouldn't be surprised if they are announcing a release date. However, I wouldn't get my hopes up. 

• Lord_PaladinLord_Paladin Member Posts: 62

BioWare said on the forums that they would tell us ahead of time when they would be announcing the release date. If they didn't specifically say "we're announcing the release date at comic-con" then they won't be.

Besides, Comic-Con wouldn't be the right/best venue for them to make such an announcement.

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Originally posted by Lord_Paladin

BioWare said on the forums that they would tell us ahead of time when they would be announcing the release date. If they didn't specifically say "we're announcing the release date at comic-con" then they won't be.

Besides, Comic-Con wouldn't be the right/best venue for them to make such an announcement.

Oh come on! If a convention full of Twilight fans and Glee kids isn't the right/best venue to make such an announcement, then I just don't know what is. (Because the SWTOR fans are all going to squeal like a bunch of tween girls, thats why.)

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610

This better be huge news. Release date, Open world PvP confirmed and details, Raid content. Something the fans can sink their teeth into. As of yet BW announcments have been lame.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Originally posted by Marcus-

An announcement about upcoming announcements??

the hype on this game may have just hit ridiculous....

Lol, I was just thinking the same. Actually it's an announcement (from MMORPG.com) about an announcement about an announcement.

Just launch the frigging game! XD

My wish: at least *some* more alien races to play, like Nautolans, Rodians or MonCal. This human only thing is really THE thing I can't get over.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

1. Pre-order info

2. Release date

3. More on operations.

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

No, I don't think there will be a release date. However, pre-order info and a more concrete release timeframe are both plausible.