Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This was fun in beta...

Stratus8Stratus8 Member Posts: 173
Cant believe some people still pay 7.95 for this game. It was a 2D game that was fun when it was free but I never thought it was deserving to be a P2P game.

Doesnt seem like the game is being updated anymore either; Blitz and Loki seems awfully quiet on the forums and on the front page.

Comments

• DrennorDrennor Member Posts: 7

Yeah I remember playing this game in Beta. It was my first real MMORPG in a consistent universe, and it was great fun at the time.

During what era did you play in Beta and what was your character name? I mainly used Drennor and Lamorak back then...

• Stratus8Stratus8 Member Posts: 173
    I can remember you ship lol even though I never knew you. I've seen you around nevertheless.

I cant really remember my names in HS... the most prominent ones I can remember are Skaty back in the old days, then Xdarkforce and Hctibuoy.. I turned Hctibuoy over to Anthrax in the latter stages of beta.
  • SiriliusSirilius Member Posts: 2
    lol, this was my first MMO as well, I have no idea what name I used for it or even when I played it :/. All I can remember was being in beta, in some clan called IDS... well TDS, as there were some problem or something.. my memory is really poor.
    I remember IDS... Intersomething Destruction Squad

It was my first MMO as well
  • SiriliusSirilius Member Posts: 2
    heh, you played DS aswell eh, I used to play that about 2-4years ago, under the name Azure, and later on Azure.co.uk. i'm still in PB...
    I used to be DiENoW or whatever variation of that name I can think of in beta of DarkSpace. I played before the release and played a little during it.

Even though I'm not playing DS I'm putting DS in my signature because they could use the advertisement; I love DS.
  • zetaro128zetaro128 Member Posts: 21

This game reminds me of EV Override. I loved that game. And i still do . You guys should check it out. Its available at www.ambrosiasw.com. Though it may not be online it still is a huge and fun game. Sorry about being so off topic.

Thnx

Are you having a bad day?
    Simply Alt+F4 and all your troubles will go away!

• Cabe2323Cabe2323 Member Posts: 2,939
    Lol a group of us while stationed In Keflavik Iceland played this for awhile.  I can't remember my name but I had some decent stuff.  I ended up selling all of my accounts actually lol.

Currently playing:
    LOTRO & WoW (not much WoW though because Mines of Moria rocks!!!!)

Looking Foward too:
    Bioware games (Dragon Age & Star Wars The Old Republic)

• maggotANUBISmaggotANUBIS Member Posts: 76
    Originally posted by Stratus8

Cant believe some people still pay 7.95 for this game. It was a 2D game that was fun when it was free but I never thought it was deserving to be a P2P game.

Doesnt seem like the game is being updated anymore either; Blitz and Loki seems awfully quiet on the forums and on the front page.
    It was cool in beta but it isn't worth paying for... and who ever pays to play this game has got something wrong with them...
  • boboyoboboyo Member Posts: 15

im pretty sure its f2p again

bob

• anchor39zanchor39z Member Posts: 5

f2p is level locked and you cant equip cpx40+ i think

• las7h0p3las7h0p3 Member Posts: 1

(sorry wrong post please delete)

• weaponsmith2weaponsmith2 Member Posts: 22

Its f2p again, blitz and loki are not dev'in it nemore though. Some players have picked up the work, and are taking input from the players in the game pretty much.

• alteclansingalteclansing Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Sorry for the necro, I was feeling nostalgic about old games and googled this old game and found this forum. The last thing I had read was that Loki had been deployed (military) leaving Blitz to deal with the game on his own, and he was already tired of it and without Loki it was to much, so that's when he let go of it. I didn't know it had been given to players though. I stopped playing not long after beta ended, before the dungeon crap was introduced I think.

Anyway, my player name was Brimstone, I don't remember the name I used before that though, the "HS Helper" devs that were hacking peoples games with their app stole my name and tons of other peoples claiming they didn't do it and trying to ride the white knight horse because they made Blitz make some changes to the game that would've been made if it been pointed out to them in the first place.

Anyway, Can't believe how long ago that was. Was also looking for "Droid Arena" but now all my searches come back with Android phone results and not the stupid game. Don't know why my nostalgia is ramping up like this.
  • ModkiiModkii Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    edited June 2020
    A lone figure appears on the surface of a deserted planet. They raise the arms, the air fills with an electric charge and several creatures go scurrying for cover.

"As once this thread had life..."

Large ominous clouds fill the sky.

"So again shall it RISE!"

A loud crack of thunder rolls across the plains.

It's 2020. A lot has happened. I am here to Necro this thread once again. HSR is being run by a group of my old friends. They have poured so much into it. Unlike other developers of this title they are using the original development techniques of Love, Respect, and Loyalty.

Other than the title splash and the familiar sounds of a deep space ping this game is almost unrecognizable from Beta. Brave adventurers like yourself have discovered new worlds, new allies. But they've also found new dangers and enemies. The map has expanded more than I could have ever imagined. The strong carry on to heights we could have never foreseen.

Redone loot tables, crafting system, account management, the inclusion of shaders and updated graphics for everything. Animated hulls... I could go on for another 4 paragraphs but I'll leave you to find out for yourselves if you are interested.

Hostile Space Revived - hostilespace.co.uk