Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SW: CWA Isn't An MMO, It's A 3D Mini-Game Hub

Hi All,

I posted a question on the official SOE game forum for "Clone War Adventures". Pex, the developer community manager responded with this statement on August 26th:

We are definitely branching out into other genres and types of gameplay. CWA is not meant to be a Free Realms clone, nor a massive MMO like FR, EQ or SWG. Game sites keep calling it an MMO, but we do not use that term (unless we say it by accident, because after years of saying "mmo" it kinda slips out). ---Pex 8/26/10.

Link

So the staff here at MMORPG best get wind of this since this game is in no way a MMO.

----------------------
The Older Gamers

Comments

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Nice work! Did you notify the staff or are you thinking they may stumble upon this post? I ask because all I need to do is report your thread and it'll get seen (report it for mod review, not to get you in trouble).

• AtrayoAtrayo Member UncommonPosts: 64

Hello TUX426,

I sent an email to the staff via the "Contact Us" page of this website. Under the category of Site News / Content the same day i posted this thread. But by all means contact the MMORPG staff, the more people bugging them with this bit of factual news. The more readily the staff will be able to reevaluate this game in their line-up of MMO's.

(Note: Its been over the 24 hour period that its stated in the contact us page. Where they would respond to my inquiry, so far no direct or indirect response to my email to them.)

----------------------
    The Older Gamers

• Grand_NagusGrand_Nagus Member UncommonPosts: 335

If thats the case then it shouldnt even be listed on this site.

• CarolynKohCarolynKoh Staff WriterMember Posts: 202

Then neither should Guild Wars or DDO (to stretch a point).  Guild Wars stuck their toe into that door and it's remained open ever since.

SoE isn't calling it an MMO, but there is that big social hub with several rooms for players to run around and interact, get quests, show off your gear and access vendors. Granted, there are less multiplayer game instances than DDO or Guild Wars, but *shrugs* it qualifies and hence is listed.

Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com or its management.

• FaelsunFaelsun Member UncommonPosts: 501

Well TOR will be mostly mini games as well, even space travel will be like a roller coaster more than flight.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Originally posted by Faelsun

Well TOR will be mostly mini games as well, even space travel will be like a roller coaster more than flight.

Where did you get that from? The ONLY minigame I have seen so far in SWTOR is space combat. There is no space travel in SWTOR

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom