Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The MASS EXODUS! Goodbye EVE!

Comments

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

I counted 8 people in this thread who claim to quit EVE. Mass exodus indeed

• DeathTrippDeathTripp Member UncommonPosts: 263

I let my sub run out. For many reasons..

-----------------------------
    Real as Reality Television!!!

• BoardwalkerBoardwalker Member UncommonPosts: 388

Originally posted by Dorfi

But no ccp decided to sacrifice their game for greed, I for one will never play it again as long as there is RMT and it's pay to play

EVE is not "pay to play". What are you talking about lol? Since when does buying a virtual shirt = pay to play? You sound kind of...delusional and hyperbolic. (this is not meant as a personal attack, it's just an honest observation)

Originally posted by Shadowschild

Its been a few weeks since my friends & I quit. I met up with them after work today & the topic of eve didnt even come up. Goes to show how little impact this game actually had. I would recommend that anyone having second thoughts, do something about it, you wont regret it.

Just felt like rubbing that in, after all it cost us $15 /mnth for how long? lol no game is worth 150 a year.

Sounds like MMOs aren't for you ($15/month is incredibly cheap entertainment, actually), and perhaps you even had an unhealthy relationship with the game to begin with (inferring from your words, I get the impression that the game was like a monkey on your back).

'm glad you met up with your friends and didn't talk about EVE. There are certainly so many other things in this world to talk about. But in no way is your lack of game conversation an indictment of the game. The fact that you noticed that you didn't talk about is more an indictment of your inability to let it go.

They can adjust a game all day, but they can't help the issue between the keyboard and the chair.
    Played: UO, DAoC, AC, WoW, EVE, TR, WAR, Aion, Rift, SWTOR, GW2, TSW, ESO, Elite:D
    Play EVE for free for 21 days

For everyone whining that is "EVE is going in a bad direction and I am qutting in protest", check out the interview with CCP Soundave.

Great interview, and sheds some light on issues that are causing people to rage uncontrollably.

They can adjust a game all day, but they can't help the issue between the keyboard and the chair.
    Played: UO, DAoC, AC, WoW, EVE, TR, WAR, Aion, Rift, SWTOR, GW2, TSW, ESO, Elite:D

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

Originally posted by xpowderx

I see the MASS EXODUS is continuing. Many are leaving for that uhh. other game!

Tsk, tsk.. Monocles anyone?

I erased EVE from my hard Drive today. It wont be coming back.

CCP no longer cares about its player base,its true! Especially after the comments CCP made.

When you have a game that ignores its player base all for the $$$$. Its time to move on.. As such I did. Along with some friends.. Goon,BCINC, RF, .. yup.. we are all leaving.

Thanks CCP!

come on, be honest, you couldnt cope with going back to highsec cause of the cool guys taking over the north...   :)

dont use the excuse of ccp for introducing vanity items.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078

Originally posted by Muke

CCP no longer cares about its player base,its true! Especially after the comments CCP made.

When you have a game that ignores its player base all for the $$$$. Its time to move on.. As such I did. Along with some friends.. Goon,BCINC, RF, .. yup.. we are all leaving.

Thanks CCP!

come on, be honest, you couldnt cope with going back to highsec cause of the cool guys taking over the north...   :)

lol, the OP for this thread is a bit old. But most of us"cool" guys left for another game about three weeks ago. Nothing personal. I do see a advantahge  if you are a newer player to EVE. Lets say the past couple years. Plenty of space to move into. Just not as populated.

Wish you the best ! Happy gaming!

• EvileEvile Member Posts: 534

Originally posted by Boardwalker

For everyone whining that is "EVE is going in a bad direction and I am qutting in protest", check out the interview with CCP Soundave.

Great interview, and sheds some light on issues that are causing people to rage uncontrollably.

It is just corporate damage control. They are going to present a story to put out the brushfires. I find it hard to believe anything CCP says after the years I have witnessed.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Originally posted by Evile

It is just corporate damage control. They are going to present a story to put out the brushfires. I find it hard to believe anything CCP says after the years I have witnessed.

I'm definitely in the "looking at what they do, not what they say" camp at the moment. On the other hand, I have enough PLEX to last my accounts until the next expansion, and Curse is still a fun place, and CCP have not as yet introduced power MTs.

So I'll keep burning PLEX, messing about in NPC 0.0 and see what winter brings. At worst, I'll have added a few more million SP to my accounts and thereby increased their ebay value proportionately.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

Thanks CCP!

lol, the OP for this thread is a bit old. But most of us"cool" guys left for another game about three weeks ago. Nothing personal. I do see a advantahge  if you are a newer player to EVE. Lets say the past couple years. Plenty of space to move into. Just not as populated.

Well then as I understand it is only you left in Perpeetum as the rest of your cool 'friends' resubbed to defend VFK.

Heh, your cools 'friends' did not leave in first place.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

ive subbed on and off since 2004 (the game's beta). im done as well, probably forever. RL is busy and my precious free time will be spent on sick games like Deus Ex, ME3 and GW2. ive been a part of some of the best pvp corps in the game, seen and done all there is to do. most of the people i know are gone. there is nothing good on the horizon (broken feature fixes, revamps, anything pertaining to pvp and balance), and  nothing to look forward to until late 2012 at best.

i would have kept one account to train skills if i didnt see the true colours of CCP's management. they are liars, and players are nothing but statistics to them. they dont deserve our money.

Originally posted by sonoggi

...sick games like Deus Ex, ME3 and GW2... seen and done all there is to do...most of the people i know are gone...there is nothing good on the horizon...they are liars, and players are nothing but statistics to them...

Goodbye, hyperbolic drama queen. No one will miss you. EVE will continue on, as fun as ever, and your lost sub will amount to nothing more than another vet's entitlement tears. Have fun in those other "sick" games, and enjoy complaining about them.

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Originally posted by sonoggi

ive subbed on and off since 2004 (the game's beta). im done as well, probably forever. RL is busy and my precious free time will be spent on sick games like Deus Ex, ME3 and GW2. ive been a part of some of the best pvp corps in the game, seen and done all there is to do. most of the people i know are gone. there is nothing good on the horizon (broken feature fixes, revamps, anything pertaining to pvp and balance), and  nothing to look forward to until late 2012 at best.

i would have kept one account to train skills if i didnt see the true colours of CCP's management. they are liars, and players are nothing but statistics to them. they dont deserve our money.

Can I have your stuff?

You're soooo done with this game that you ressurect a 2 week old threads so you can post the exact same trolling you post in another thread. :)

Balancing supers doesn't balance PvP and isn't something to look forward to?

Guy above me nailed it - Drama queen!

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

Originally posted by Orphes

Thanks CCP!

Well then as I understand it is only you left in Perpeetum as the rest of your cool 'friends' resubbed to defend VFK.

As far as I'm aware, not a single Goon left. 

Mittens gave us all monicles to stay.  You must be thinking of someone else.

And "defend" implies VFK was ever under any kind of a threat. 

The mass exodus is a lie.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Originally posted by Uhwop

Originally posted by Orphes

Thanks CCP!

As far as I'm aware, not a single Goon left. 

Mittens gave us all monicles to stay.  You must be thinking of someone else.

And "defend" implies VFK was ever under any kind of a threat. 

The mass exodus is a lie.

the whole mass exodus thing might have been a lie.. but it did get peoples attention.. now.. more people than ever.. are aware of just how bad a game perpetuum is.. now thats a result ... probably not the one they intended though image

• SraikSraik Member Posts: 23

I actually did the exodus thing and like Perp just fine thanks.  I will probably keep an eye on EvE to see how things shape up, but have no plans for resubbing barring some miracle.

• sungodrasungodra Member Posts: 1,376

about time somebody took this game down. Good job perpetuam or whoever it is

"When it comes to GW2 any game is fair game"

Originally posted by Sraik

I actually did the exodus thing and like Perp just fine thanks.  I will probably keep an eye on EvE to see how things shape up, but have no plans for resubbing barring some miracle.

Good luck, Sraik. Things are shaping up great in EVE, by the way. ~45K people on every night, plenty of battles, no gold ammo, etc. Even though no one misses you after ragequitting, EVE will always welcome you back. No "miracle" needed.

Originally posted by sungodra

about time somebody took this game down. Good job perpetuam or whoever it is

Are you referring to lulzsec? That's the only way this game can be taken down. It's rockin' right now. I have nothing against Perpetuum, but its 800 concurrent users really haven't had any affect on EVE, despite the drama queens on this board who feel obligated to announce their unsubbing.

• MaraGossepMaraGossep Member Posts: 74

This game is still alive and kicking. And it's still the biggest singleshard game out there. All other games are split into a ton of servers.

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950

I left recently because the last three expansions were just completely unexciting. Whatever great vision CCP may have for what eve will be, I felt they've neglected what it currently is for too long.

Off to Perpetuum forums to count the number of FOOM recruitment scam threads.

• PolypropylenPolypropylen Member Posts: 30

I made the fucking mistake to resubscribe :mad:

Now i only login to update my skill-queue! The game isn't that good...and the last addons didn't bring anything cool new.

• StrafingmirStrafingmir Member Posts: 24

Anyone assuming this has anything to do with SOny is a total Tard, ahem, OP. Dust514 is releasing for PS3 only because of Microsofts horrible and shit quality control bullshit for Xboxlive, which is the same reason Portal 2 players don't have crossplatform. To put it simply Sony has nothing to lose by allowing open content to flow freely, and what would be rival competitors to release applications for their system Such as CCP and Valve because Sony's online support sucks.

Originally posted by Polypropylen

I made the fucking mistake to resubscribe :mad:

Now i only login to update my skill-queue! The game isn't that good...and the last addons didn't bring anything cool new.

My experience has been the opposite. This game *is* that good. I'm having a blast. I've enjoyed the free expansions and look forward to more. You know that you can do more than just update your skill queue when you log on, right?

Originally posted by sketocafe

I left recently because the last three expansions were just completely unexciting. Whatever great vision CCP may have for what eve will be, I felt they've neglected what it currently is for too long.

Off to Perpetuum forums to count the number of FOOM recruitment scam threads.

Have fun in Perpetuum and the 800 concurrent users. I just logged into TQ with 42k+ pilots to pew pew with.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Have fun in Perpetuum and the 800 concurrent users. I just logged into TQ with 42k+ pilots to pew pew with.

The number already dropped just below 500...

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

EVE Online now rocks like it never rocked before. Best MMO by far

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Originally posted by EduardoASG

Originally posted by DarkPony

Originally posted by clankyasp

Which game? please enlighten me.

Big Internet Robots I hear.

(Perpetuum Online).

@OP: what do you mean, are all members from those alliances mass quitting?

Some may stay, but the corps will no longer be. Yes the majority of those players have already moved or are moving to that other game this week.

Almost 5,000 subs dropped this past weekend. Including mine.

Wrong.

Experience shows that the players who most whinne will in fact be the ones spending the most in the next months.

Experience shows that only like 3% of the playbase does even access the forums, and of those 3% the majority will be spending loads of cash on the game in whatever advantage the cash will provide them, even if they dont admit it publicaly.

:]

Only 3% of the player base use the forums to bitch and complain, the other 97% just leave quietly.  And before that statement is misconstrued by frothing EVE-ites, it just means that there no real way to tell what damage has been done because the vast majority of people who feel the need to unsub won't make a scene -- they'll just go.

For my part, I tried EVE, didn't enjoy it, then left.  BUT, I really respected CCP for what they accomplished and thought they'd brought something totally unique to the MMO world.  Unfortunately, recent events have made me question the philosophy of this company at a fundamental level, so much so that now I'm questioning even giving World of Darkness a look.  I was never going to be an EVE subscriber, even without this fiasco, but now I have serious reservations about ever being a CCP customer again. 

The way I perceive these guys now is much worse than it was before.  I'm just one person and one potential subscription, but we do add up.  They really need to do something to solve this confidence issue before it gets further out of hand.  Hardcore EVE-ites may not acknowledge that anything is wrong and even cheer when troublesome segments of the population vocally take their leave, but CCP screwed the pooch.  There's no two ways about it.  On the trustworthiness scale, I rank them just a little better than EA and FailCom -- those are the bottom feeders of my scale, by the way.

Here's hoping the CCP makes amends and shows that this recent sorry episode was just an aberration because I was looking forward to seeing WoD.  I'd like to be able to look forward to it again.