Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please release this game soon

kanezfankanezfan Member UncommonPosts: 482

I cannot bring myself to play WoW for another second. I realize this is pretty much WoW with lightsabers and I'm ok with that, at least it'll be new locales and nwe NPCs and nwe gear and new weapons and a new story. I am just so unbearably bored with WoW right now. Please Bioware, take my $50.

Comments

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Originally posted by kanezfan

I cannot bring myself to play WoW for another second. I realize this is pretty much WoW with lightsabers and I'm ok with that, at least it'll be new locales and nwe NPCs and nwe gear and new weapons and a new story. I am just so unbearably bored with WoW right now. Please Bioware, take my $50.

So you cant bring yourself to play WoW for another second yet you admittingly want a WoW with Lightsabers to be released this very second?  Irony much?

Another reason why I am glad to be done with the juvenile type of gamers that WoW caters too.  No offense but I guess I am just way to old to understand the fun in having your hand held from 1-50 and then having only one "developer sanctioned" way to play at endgame which has absolutely ZERO bearing on how you spent leveling up.  Thank god I am no longer interested in those sorts of games.

"help me Guild Wars 2, you're my only hope" 

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• asj18asj18 Member UncommonPosts: 86

I understand that feeling I am feelling the same way.  but you do not want bioware to rush this game if they do everything right and release it on there terms. you will love this game because of the it's polish and amazing story. I sure they cant wait to take you money as long as they feel you get your worth out of it. I am a big bioware fan they have not made a game i do not like yet.. just hold on for a few more months and you will get an amazing game.

Games I will be playing are: TES V, SWTOR, ME 3, TSW

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Zylaxx

So you cant bring yourself to play WoW for another second yet you admittingly want a WoW with Lightsabers to be released this very second?  Irony much?

Another reason why I am glad to be done with the juvenile type of gamers that WoW caters too.  No offense but I guess I am just way to old to understand the fun in having your hand held from 1-50 and then having only one "developer sanctioned" way to play at endgame which has absolutely ZERO bearing on how you spent leveling up.  Thank god I am no longer interested in those sorts of games.

heh, I hope you're not expecting GW2 to be any different, it will be as casual focused as any other MMO releasing in this day and age.

Besides, how I read the OP was he's sick of the same game, not the game-play elements. Seemed he's looking for an aesthetics change to me.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• asj18asj18 Member UncommonPosts: 86

I personally could not stand WoW  but that is my opinion.  I do not think that SWTOR is a copy and paste of that every fantasy and scifi mmorpg that is not a fast action rpg. uses that platform  uses that UI. just because a game uses the same UI does not mean in the least that it is a WoW copy. your woe fully ignorant if you believe so and just because the graphics are a little bit tooney so that the game can play on a lo spec computer.

Games I will be playing are: TES V, SWTOR, ME 3, TSW

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

How to contradict yourself in one sentence. That aside I think most of us would be happy the sooner this releases.

• kanezfankanezfan Member UncommonPosts: 482

You tell me where I can find a sandbox game and I'll try it out.

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

I feel you dude. I'm surviving on anime, and it does not lost long. Difinitely need this game.

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

"Burned out Wow fanatics, we don't need their scum." image

You know, sometimes I think it really would be better for gamers and the industry as a whole if neither SWTOR or GW2 ever got released.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• RaoraRaora Member Posts: 243

Originally posted by MMO.Maverick

And yet here you are, spending most of your posts on MMO's that you're not interested in at all, irony indeed image

good one

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

I've already seen on other beta sites posters who actually are playing the game commenting things along the lines of "I hated WOW, but I love this game", so this whole WOW with lightsabers is really a tired broken record statement from the trolling community.

There Is Always Hope!

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

I wouldn't call SWTOR "wow with lightsabers", I'd call it "KOTOR with multiplayer".

And on that note, as much as I have tried to be patient, I too am ready for the game to be released, like...NOW.

Honestly, there's nothing else I want to play. I am bored to tears at the moment, playing single-player titles just to kill the time now.

I am ready for the game that I intend to play for the next few years.

Originally posted by Wharg0ul

I wouldn't call SWTOR "wow with lightsabers", I'd call it "KOTOR with multiplayer".

And on that note, as much as I have tried to be patient, I too am ready for the game to be released, like...NOW.

Honestly, there's nothing else I want to play. I am bored to tears at the moment, playing single-player titles just to kill the time now.

Well said WHar, I to am ready to get my TOR on, I can only play around in Oblivion, FO3/NV so much before I feel like punching myself in the face would be a fun game to play.

• c4_Garudac4_Garuda Member Posts: 77

Originally posted by Wharg0ul

This + I just downloaded 24, 5th season. Jack will keep me sane with addition of mass coffee!! For a week..

"To be a rock and not to roll..."

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

I'm in the same boat. Playing Global Agenda currently. Can't wait for SW:TOR and can't play WoW for another second. I also know SW:TOR will WoW-like game play set in the KOTOR universe with added story elements. I'm fine with that.

Wait for it... Here comes the anti-SW:TOR/WOW sandbox fanbois screaming CONTRADICTION! RAAAAAAAAAGE!

No. The difference is, I have exhausted all of WoW's content that interests me. WoW is still great.

You make it out to be that SW:TOR has no new content to offer. That we're playing through WoW and questing through Azeroth all over again.

Do you who honestly think this, shun every movie you goto because it's the same genre as another movie?

Do you shout out in the cinemas (or in your house if you illegally download them because you're not social) declaring the movie to be boring because it's another action film, just in a different setting?

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Im right there with you guys. Cant wait to jump into a brand new mmo again.

• veratutazzveratutazz Member UncommonPosts: 136

Anyone who feels anywhere near this desperate over the need to have a game released immediately needs to diversify their hobbies.

I would suggest a little investment in one or more of the following:

1-  REAL LIFE romantic relationships

2-  friendship-based outdoor hobbies (see: sports) 

3- maybe a nice short summer vacation somewhere that includes a large body of water one ritualistically swims in and/or operates vehicles on.

.. you get the gist of what I am saying i think.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by veratutazz

Anyone who feels anywhere near this desperate over the need to have a game released immediately needs to diversify their hobbies.

I would suggest a little investment in one or more of the following:
    1-  REAL LIFE romantic relationships
    2-  friendship-based outdoor hobbies (see: sports) 
    3- maybe a nice short summer vacation somewhere that includes a large body of water one ritualistically swims in and/or operates vehicles on.

.. you get the gist of what I am saying i think.

Think about where you are and what youre posting. Then take your own advice.
  • SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Hey guys.

There is a beta, and I am part of beta.

I know I know, I'm a bitch.  But sometimes, it's so much fun to be one!

Why do people act as though wanting a new game to release means you have no life? There's nothing wrong with wanting to play a new game, I feel the same way about TES V, and a few others, it's not like great games come along all the time, or even most of the time, it's rare these days IMO. TOR looks like it's going going to offer a decent story telling/gaming experience, there's nothing wrong with being a little impatient for it or other games people are looking forward to. It's not like thats going to lead to Bioware or anyone else releasing too early.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Originally posted by AzurePrower

I'm in the same boat. Playing Global Agenda currently. Can't wait for SW:TOR and can't play WoW for another second. I also know SW:TOR will WoW-like game play set in the KOTOR universe with added story elements. I'm fine with that.

Wait for it... Here comes the anti-SW:TOR/WOW sandbox fanbois screaming CONTRADICTION! RAAAAAAAAAGE!

No. The difference is, I have exhausted all of WoW's content that interests me. WoW is still great.

You make it out to be that SW:TOR has no new content to offer. That we're playing through WoW and questing through Azeroth all over again.

Do you who honestly think this, shun every movie you goto because it's the same genre as another movie?

Do you shout out in the cinemas (or in your house if you illegally download them because you're not social) declaring the movie to be boring because it's another action film, just in a different setting?

Tell you the truth, if this game actually WAS just WoW with lightsabers I would not be interested at all.  All of the games with non-branching, exclamation point questing that I have played seem almost identical to me.  When I played Rift, the questing in that game brought me absolutely nothing over WoW's questing, same with WAR.  I guess it's because I've become jaded and I don't really read the quest dialogs.  I just accept, move to location, kill 10 rats, return.

The reason I AM interested in SWTOR is because it looks like it's going to be a massive version of KOTOR.  The multiplayer aspect of the game really doesn't interest me that much though.  I'm just not a huge fan of getting in a group and then being committed to that group for an hour or so.  I always find myself getting called away for RL crap.

At this point, I'm planning to prmarily play the PvE content as a single player game wherever possible.  I may dabble into multiplayer sometimes, but probably not often, similar to how I played WoW and all of its spawn.  I will likely enjoy the PvP though...I'm assuming there will be battlegrounds or something.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

I predict some pretty ugly message boards in SWTOR and GS2 both.

"True Fans" vs "WoW Refugees".  Considering how much reflex hate we're already seeing, those message boards are gonna be ug--gly.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• jinxxed0jinxxed0 Member UncommonPosts: 841

WoW players like this are going to disappointed. They expect every mmo to give them that feeling that their first mmo (wow)  gave them. Then they'll thing WoW was actually some kind of great game. Then 10 years later they'll finally realize the first mmo (sometimes the first non-F2P) is always the best MMO because you enjoy the concept of MMOs. But when you start getting tired of one MMO you start getting tired of all of them. At first going to a new mmos will help but eventually they all start to suck.

Its mainly because devs ae making their games casual and solo friendly and listening to the wrong people. Anet and very very few others seem to actually be making MMOs that people only talked/wished about being made while playing other MMOs.

Thei new star wars game is just leaning on its title and the name of its overrated developer and wont need any good gameplay.

Originally posted by jinxxed0

WoW players like this are going to disappointed. They expect every mmo to give them that feeling that their first mmo (wow)  gave them. Then they'll thing WoW was actually some kind of great game. Then 10 years later they'll finally realize the first mmo (sometimes the first non-F2P) is always the best MMO because you enjoy the concept of MMOs. But when you start getting tired of one MMO you start getting tired of all of them. At first going to a new mmos will help but eventually they all start to suck.

Its mainly because devs ae making their games casual and solo friendly and listening to the wrong people. Anet and very very few others seem to actually be making MMOs that people only talked/wished about being made while playing other MMOs.

Thei new star wars game is just leaning on its title and the name of its overrated developer and wont need any good gameplay.

Probably the most ridiculous comment I've seen in a while. If a game has no good gameplay, there's no point in playing it.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.