Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I may actually re subscribe

Pappy55Pappy55 Member Posts: 45

Im curently playing FF-XIV but I have a few friends who still play XI which is just sitting on my shelf collecting dust. I have read up on the recent changes and I am very tempted to give it another go. I also Have the steam "complete" version but will I need to re buy the Abyssea edition or is Abyssea a free update that is just included in the re release?

I will most likley play a White mage this time about as I likie healing..

Comments

• ExilorExilor Member Posts: 391

If you bought the game before Abyssea was released you'll need to buy it.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

sad really but XI is better than XIV.. and there is a deal on Steam at the moment.. been in two minds whether to give it another go myself.. its actually not that bad of a game.. despite the quality of the graphics.. unless some of the later expansions have improved them at all? image

• BlazeyerBlazeyer Member UncommonPosts: 562

FFXI is now a game that caters to a larger crowd than before. Where it used to be a hardcore grind exp fest to max level, you can now find yourself going level 1-90  in a little under a week (if you get some help of course). The endgame side of the game is split up into many diverse choices. All of the older endgame content is still there and IS still relevant in one way or another.

Welcome back^

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

Originally posted by Phry

sad really but XI is better than XIV.. and there is a deal on Steam at the moment.. been in two minds whether to give it another go myself.. its actually not that bad of a game.. despite the quality of the graphics.. unless some of the later expansions have improved them at all? image

Last update just a few days ago added full HD resolution support, increased backbuffer size and new HD icons. This is just the start of more graphical enhancements for PC and XBOX exclusive.

The game is doing very well with a lot of new players and older players leveling new jobs. Leveling with all the added solo and group content is painless and fast and your options of endgame activities is just overwhelming.

I am still playing after 8+ years and i don't regret a minute of it. There is simply no other MMO that gives you this much bang for the buck.

Learning curve and starting at ZERO can be quite overwhelming though. But you got probably the best community in any mmorpg ready to help you.

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• Pappy55Pappy55 Member Posts: 45

Originally posted by Blazeyer

FFXI is now a game that caters to a larger crowd than before. Where it used to be a hardcore grind exp fest to max level, you can now find yourself going level 1-90  in a little under a week (if you get some help of course). The endgame side of the game is split up into many diverse choices. All of the older endgame content is still there and IS still relevant in one way or another.

Welcome back^

I am happy that its less hardcore now..

That was what pushed me away before.. I loved the game but when having a full time job I had no desire or paitience to sit for hours just waiting for a party only for it to disband 10mins later..

I'm just worried most low level areas will be compleatly empty..

Especially the dunes which I still have bad memories of :P

• DrughiDrughi Member Posts: 174

i tried to came back sometime before abbysea and i was not able to pass lvl 15 since there was simply no one on low leveling zones .. i wish i had time to resub again and a ls ofc xD

my concern is about low lvl zones, which i am afraid will be really empty, so i dunno know how to lvl from scratch right now :/

also playing XIV atm and enjoying so far , 1.18 is close and chocobos and airships will be on 1.19 says yoshi :)

• Pappy55Pappy55 Member Posts: 45

Originally posted by Drughi

i tried to came back sometime before abbysea and i was not able to pass lvl 15 since there was simply no one on low leveling zones .. i wish i had time to resub again and a ls ofc xD

my concern is about low lvl zones, which i am afraid will be really empty, so i dunno know how to lvl from scratch right now :/

also playing XIV atm and enjoying so far , 1.18 is close and chocobos and airships will be on 1.19 says yoshi :)

What server are you on with XIV?

Im on Fabul

Well with airships and chocobos in XIV I hope they drop the teleport ability.. I am one of the few who love traveling in mmo's

Thats what I loved in XI back in the day. Although it was a nightmare for newbies traveling from Windhurst to the Vulcrum Dunes it feli like the beginning of a big adventure. Running through the canyons to catch the ferry to take you to Selbina. It felt like you were part of the world. Made some friends and had random moments waiting for the ferry and while in transit.

especially when a Sea Horror or Pirates attacked  for the first time.

Im installing XI right now..

Going to scout about for a bit and see some changes before I buy Abyssea.

*EDIT*

Well that was fun.. I lost my login details.. I have a feeling its going to be more hassle than its worth to recover them

• DrughiDrughi Member Posts: 174

i was on ragnarok server in XI, and now on ghysal for XIV..

i was not able to gruop in 15 days i played so i quitted  XI last time:(

i lost my login too so i was forced to start over :/ i do not know y abbysea changed this somehow but my experience was not being able to lvl :(

i read that if u have a nice LS they can power lvl you