Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why EE works for me.

MariceMarice Member Posts: 3

Eden Eternal is the first MMORPG in a long time I've enjoyed this much.

The class system works out great for me.  You can play any class you'd like, and switch forth and back without losing any talents points or such. Even though it's a hassle to level ALL the classes (because there are plenty!) it's made worth while by the class level bonuses that give you extra HP, MP, ATK, M-ATK and G-Healing.

This way, the players that would like to rush through the levels just playing one class can do that just fine. But the kind of people that would rather complete a game 100% will get rewarded for the effort as well.

I think the class outfits look really nice so far, and in the character creation screen you get a good amount of options for hair, skin, face, etc. so you can customize your character as you like. The cutesy style is something I love, although ofcourse, this isn't everybody's cup of tea. 

The map is pretty big, although I don't think everything is accesible yet. The monsters are ok too, there's a nice variety of them. Not the same mushroom 200 times over in different colours. Most monsters do have a differently coloured counterpart with a different name, but still you can find totally different monsters in eye-sight always.

The dungeons are nice, but there is one thing I dislike about them; the need & greed system. All dungeon drops are bound when you reveive them. When certain quality items dropped, everybody in the party will get the need and greed screen, and they have to click wether to need or greed. The problem is some players are really inconsiderate, and click need for absolutely everything, including things they can't even use. In theory this system would be great, but if you've got any kind of community going on, you already know there are people that just wanna have everything, even if it's useless to them.

The quests get a bit boring. After doing story line quests (that help leveling a lot) you're stuck with repeatable quests and guild quests. Those are almost not worth doing, if it wasn't for the little extra exp you get for them. The only reason they ever get done (I think) is because you can always get them for monsters you'd already be grinding at anyway.  I would really like to see quests with different rewards than a little exp & a little gold. 

Remembering this is still in beta, I think the game & gameplay are really good and I hope they won't make really drastic changes. I'm hoping for more races and a higher level cap soon! :)

Comments

• DubhlaithDubhlaith Member Posts: 1,012

You make a well thought out and interesting case. I might give it a shot. Tell me, can I invert the Y axis of mouse control?

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true — you know it, and they know it." —Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

WTF? No subscription fee?

• MariceMarice Member Posts: 3

I -think- you can, under settings, but I'm not 100% sure. :) 

I think this game is definately worth checking out, it's free to play after all so what's there to lose?

• DubhlaithDubhlaith Member Posts: 1,012

Nope. You can't. Ridiculous, and it is always a fear of mine with FTP. This one looks really cute with the stylized glowy anime style and a relatively interesting story. I especially like the idea behind the class system.

But, if they do not care enough to add such a basic, obvious and easy to implement option, I won't be playing. It shows a lack of "give a crap" that I need in someone making a game I will be playing for a while.

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true — you know it, and they know it." —Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

WTF? No subscription fee?

• megaraxmegarax Member UncommonPosts: 269

Wow, another game where the most important thing is the IRL picture thread on the forums.