Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eden Eternal Class System

centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527

I find Eden Eternal's class system pretty novel.

You start out with two class choices (fighter and mage) and an extra class opens every 5 levels.

You can have as many classes as you like and have independant levels in each class.

The higher classes have pre-requisites and sometimes multiple prerequisites.

You get enough exp when progressing that you can level one class to max and about one other class to almost max, or spread it among several.  Of course when you reach the current level cap you can work on any class.

There is a generic bonus you get based on the total progress among the classes at 1 point per level per level (IE you gain level 25 in a class, you get 25 extra CE points) 6560 is the boundary for CE 11 by example which gets you more bonus hp/mp attack and healing bonus than CE 10 does.  Of course the higher CE levels are a pain in the rear.  With a level cap of 50 I have pretty much all of the subclasses to 30 and I am just shy of CE 11(I have hunter 50, priest 42(40 opened shaman), thief 35(to open martial artist), shaman 31, martial artist, fighter, knight, mage, engineer, 30, illusionist 27, bard 26[dunno why they gave bard  medium armor -- my medium armor is set up for my hunter/thief/ma classes and is very badly statted for bard and I am not going to keep 2 sets of medium [it keeps one of each set on your character] but regardless it takes a lot more than up to the level cap to get a decent bonus. 

Comments

• dbumandbuman Member Posts: 19

It may be novel, buts not revolutionary, they took from DOMO, FFXI, RoM, and tweaked it. Id like to see a classless mmo with skills learned by using specific weapons, yet no limits on which weapon can use which skill except for major skills. Id like to see a mmo take that style, implement action/tps movement and hit system, and a quest system that requires more than just a kill x, run x distance, talk to x npc.

I'm learning coding languages and mmorpg engines and things in hopes that one day my idea of the perfect mmo would come to life. I have to say that champions online's battle mechanics and ffxiv came so close to my hopes, but yet tossed it down and crushed it with what they've done to them. Heres to hoping the hopeless romantic for MMOs can stand up and create what we all want.

• anthonypenaanthonypena Member Posts: 131

Its free and  for a free game its doing well

• AmeristAmerist Member UncommonPosts: 30

I really enjoyed being able to switch classes on the fly when I reviewed Eden Eternal. However, this concept has been introduced in other games. I can see choosing it to base gameplay in order to provide character a more fluid experience. Depending on which of my firends are online and their various playstyles, someone like me can change between several career paths that I'd been working on (sometimes complimentary.)

I'm a terrible tank, so I generally don't play tough characters; but given the chance to rotate between different types of support, heals, and firepower makes me giddy about approaching each new mission and situation with my group.  ξ

• WorfWorf Member Posts: 264

Sadly the current Level 50 Cap is not helping as my character has maxed at level 50... doing the SAME quests over and over and over at the last available map... BORING.

Ready for the Level Cap to get raised very very soon.

Hopefully they will allow the Open Beta Character to stay... they wiped our characters after the Closed Beta was over.

I do like being able to switch character classes.

One thing that would make this game even better: allow us to configure weapons for the light, medium, and heavy classes so when we switch between character classes we are not using the ONE character from the previously used class.

Overall this is a decent game... there are some shortcomings but overall this is MUCH better than most beta test games.

:D

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527

Actually there was one thing and one thing only that pushed me out of Eden Eternal.

The necessity of soloing veninfang for exp and coin.

Unfortunately that is NOT the playstyle that I like (massively multikiting) but I also can't get myself to play normally when I know I could be getting 10 times the exp or 8 times the money in there.

It kind of makes most of the classes (My primary classes were hunter, cleric(priest) and illusionist) not exactly worthwhile when what you really need is a kiting bard(bleach).

I had just about hit CE 12 when I stopped playing much(lots of classes to level 40ish).

With the level 50 cap there isnt a ton to do anyway at this moment -- I may drop by to play a bit to 55 with regard to the mainline quests and I am hoping they do something about multikiting but I am not holding my breath.

• AtmaDarkwolfAtmaDarkwolf Member UncommonPosts: 353

Originally posted by centkin

Actually there was one thing and one thing only that pushed me out of Eden Eternal.

The necessity of soloing veninfang for exp and coin.

Unfortunately that is NOT the playstyle that I like (massively multikiting) but I also can't get myself to play normally when I know I could be getting 10 times the exp or 8 times the money in there.

It kind of makes most of the classes (My primary classes were hunter, cleric(priest) and illusionist) not exactly worthwhile when what you really need is a kiting bard(bleach).

I had just about hit CE 12 when I stopped playing much(lots of classes to level 40ish).

With the level 50 cap there isnt a ton to do anyway at this moment -- I may drop by to play a bit to 55 with regard to the mainline quests and I am hoping they do something about multikiting but I am not holding my breath.

Thats bull. Your just saying 'cuz the crowd did it, It MUST be a nessessity'

Not so. I got 50 in 6 classes, and onyl ran venin twice, and not the bard leech me way.

Your excuse for quiting isn't a good one, plenty of OTHER reasons to quit EE lol :D