Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First Generation

OdhelmOdhelm Member Posts: 40

It seems like they are going for the style and vibe of the new movies.. which is a major dissapointment for me. The first Generation of Transformers are filled with depths, intrigue, background story..! Somehow they manage to trash all that and make it all about action!! Why the hell do they call the matrix for the cube!!? Why isnt Unicorn even mentioned in the movies..? Why is Bumblebee mute when he talks your ears off originaly... and he IS a volkswagon!

You dont mess with this kind of things and I certianly hope that the game-designers dont do it either! ;)

Comments

• RaikoLivesRaikoLives Member Posts: 89

The money, my friend. Once you see how much money the movies made, and how popular they are amongst the kiddies of THIS generation, you realise they'd be STUPID to take it back to the way it was before. Sure, I love Gen 1 as much as you do. I am one of the people who remember when there were only THREE Dinobots. Skyfire anyone? Thundercracker and Skywarp? And the comics, too, once I found out about them, are as dear to me as anything, but there's no WAY they'll be going BACK there to the "Old Days". For one, Volkswagon removed it's permission for Bumblebee to be a Volkswagon. It's sad, for sure, since I'd love to see a big-screen Unicron (voiced by Micheal Clarke Duncan perhaps?), Megatron becoming Galvatron and all the epic moments we love from the old series, but... I doubt we'll see anything beyond passing references to the older versions of the series we love. They're making too much money to go back now.

• ErifNevowErifNevow Member Posts: 97

You realize how much the movies made, right? I loved first gen transformers, but am I the only one that found the movies to be decent? I never expected them to be remotly like the first gen, but I still liked the action. And the lack of unicron (not unicorn, like you posted) was disapointing.

Personally, I am not even checking this MMO out, unless it turns out to look super amazing.

Newb= Newly Enrolled Wannabe Badass.

• OdhelmOdhelm Member Posts: 40

Ghaaa!!! Unicron.. how could I!? Forgive me all tranformers gods out there.. I failed! ;P

It was a long time that I held a TF-comicbook in my hand though :)

I know this movies is bringing in a shitload of cash.. Just becouse its for kids that wouldnt know a great movie even if they saw it! As long the there is constant explotions and rapid gunfire.. Ironicly in the cartoon series of TF the fightscenes was the most boring ones! :P

• ErifNevowErifNevow Member Posts: 97

Because kids want action, and once TFU is done, they will be the new MMO market, or at least a few of them will be. Lets just say that it is technically Marvel's fault for making awsome action movies, but thats kind of Marvel's thing, not Transformers.

Newb= Newly Enrolled Wannabe Badass.

• rtekerrteker Member Posts: 11

i'm copying and pasting my coment from the other page to here.

WILL the cybertrons be based off of the more popular G1 series or the crappy Bayformers?

I hope G1 myself

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Not gonna touch this game if it Bayformers. I still think they shouldve set these new movies in the 80s.

• godzilr1godzilr1 Member UncommonPosts: 550

from the info i've read it's not based on the moveis.  It's suppose to look like the War for Cybertron timeline, so what would that be  G0?

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

With the popularity of Twilight any hope I had of a new golden age in the film industry is shattered.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• Consti2tionConsti2tion Member UncommonPosts: 20

i believe they failed to secure the licensing rights for Volkswagon and got a deal on the Camareo because being a new car and putting it into a big blockbuster movie as a Main character (for the most part) would bring lots of sales.

As for why he was mute, they couldn't secure a voice actor for him.

Anyway, this is going to be a Browser game by the guys who run Runescape... its not going to be any good anyway.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Originally posted by Foomerang

Not gonna touch this game if it Bayformers. I still think they shouldve set these new movies in the 80s.

• HypeHype Member CommonPosts: 270

The complaints seem a bit odd to me:

1) The Interview on the front page talks about Hasbro's "Prime" Universe, so it's not Bay's Universe

2) Volkswagon will not allow their cars in Transformers. Period. No more Bug Bumblebee. Period. No matter what universe you put it in.

3) Unless Hasbro says they can't, there's nothing stopping them from using Unicron and Galvatron and all kindsa cool G1 stuff updated. In fact, with an MMO, it's almost guaranteed they will rather than make up Raid situations, especially on a crew full of G1 fans.

I'm sure we'll get lots of G1 stuff.

The Illusion of Choice

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I thought the original Transformers were lame. When I heard it was going to be a movie, I shuddered and thought, "How stupid." Then I saw the movie. I suppose it's possible the G1 IP would make a better game, but the movies (imo) were far better than the 80's cartoon. Mostly because it was an 80's cartoon probably.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• OdhelmOdhelm Member Posts: 40

LOL! Yeah, the 80's cartoons are totally lame! I can I agree on that.. To be robots they have the worst aim ever (nobody gets hit in battles ;))

You should read the comics instead.. they are the heart and soul of TF! Awsome story!

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Originally posted by lizardbones

I thought the original Transformers were lame. When I heard it was going to be a movie, I shuddered and thought, "How stupid." Then I saw the movie. I suppose it's possible the G1 IP would make a better game, but the movies (imo) were far better than the 80's cartoon. Mostly because it was an 80's cartoon probably.

This, the original transformers suck, hard, I mean really,I cant see how anyone could prefer that crap over at least the first new movie, that arnt being affected by some hardcore nostalgia.

Also, the toys were absolute crap aswell.

Originally posted by Odhelm

It seems like they are going for the style and vibe of the new movies.. which is a major dissapointment for me.

So in other words they are actually going to look like robots and not walking painted  cardboard boxes, I mean really, an advanced race of intelligent robots and they look like boxes? come on.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• FaelsunFaelsun Member UncommonPosts: 501

I could care less what TF universe they use as long as its A TF universe. The only thing I want to know is if me and a few frinds can form a Combiner team and form into a giant robot Gestalt monster.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

It does seem as though they are following the movies, but they did tell us at comicon that is not the case, they were following the prime era.  Look up the transformers q & a at nyc comicon, they openly talk about it there.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

Originally posted by warmaster670

Originally posted by lizardbones

This, the original transformers suck, hard, I mean really,I cant see how anyone could prefer that crap over at least the first new movie, that arnt being affected by some hardcore nostalgia.

Also, the toys were absolute crap aswell.

It seems like they are going for the style and vibe of the new movies.. which is a major dissapointment for me.

So in other words they are actually going to look like robots and not walking painted  cardboard boxes, I mean really, an advanced race of intelligent robots and they look like boxes? come on.

i think you'll find that most transformers fans like the original transformers more than the new.  While the new ones have a cool, unique way about them, the old were much more diverse as they couldn't transform into anything they wanted.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

LOL! Yeah, the 80's cartoons are totally lame! I can I agree on that.. To be robots they have the worst aim ever (nobody gets hit in battles ;))

You should read the comics instead.. they are the heart and soul of TF! Awsome story!

Um, pretty much any cartoon of the era reflects that.  It was one of the reasons why Optimus dying in the movie was a shocker to a bunch of people.  Nobody ever got "hurt" in those cartoons - Transformers or otherwise.  It was a different time.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• gimmekeygimmekey Member Posts: 117

Clearly we've reached the apex of what Transformers could ever be with Bay's genius.

• FaelsunFaelsun Member UncommonPosts: 501

Originally posted by gimmekey

Clearly we've reached the apex of what Transformers could ever be with Bay's genius.

Clearly most of you weren't born until after 1990 and were spoiled on special effects, the movies had great effects but acting .. I dont think so, a pretty half hearted plot as well. I thought the cartoons were pretty awesome when I was a kid, but then how can I expect you to understand how when you have never seen a casette player before. The original Soundwave would probably confuse most of you to death.

Originally posted by Faelsun

Originally posted by gimmekey

Clearly most of you weren't born until after 1990 and were spoiled on special effects, the movies had great effects but acting .. I dont think so, a pretty half hearted plot as well. I thought the cartoons were pretty awesome when I was a kid, but then how can I expect you to understand how when you have never seen a casette player before. The original Soundwave would probably confuse most of you to death.

The original soundwave was amazing!

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us