Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Transformers Universe: Interacting with Bumblebee

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Transformers IP is one of the most beloved of all time. With the recent announcement of the MMO Transformers Universe, fans around the world rejoiced. MMORPG.com's Garrett Fuller recently had the opportunity to sit down with Executive Producer Kris Jones to talk a bit about Transformers Universe. Check it out and then let us know what you think!

How will the players interact with the famous characters from the series?

Players are definitely going to have interactions with Key characters from the brand. We are looking to accommodate icons such as Optimus and Megatron as well as re-imagining old fan favorites such as Prowl and Barricade

Read more of Garrett Fuller's Transformers Universe: Interacting with Bumblebee.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• OsirrusOsirrus Member Posts: 55
    He mentioned the game engine but didn't name it. Anyone know what engine it'll be using?
  • ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

Looking forward to hearing more.

This is not a game.

• tiapherestiapheres Member Posts: 74

Originally posted by Osirrus

He mentioned the game engine but didn't name it. Anyone know what engine it'll be using?

Its the same engine as War for Cybertron game last mentioned in a previous interview.

Fatetaker Voidwalker
    Linkshell founder of Shi Ryu of Aegis & Figaro
    Leader of the Bad Wolves Multi Game Community

• Ex0dUs101Ex0dUs101 Member UncommonPosts: 273

It was said at E3 this will run on Java, like Runescape, but using a much more advanced engine, its certainly not the Unreal engine like War for Cybertron was, hence the comments about being open to a wide range.

• OmeeOmee Member Posts: 15

Excited about the game. I have looked forward to a transformers MMO for a long time. I'm a little disappointed since I was really hoping to see a setting like the "War Within" or something closer to G1.  I just hope it doesn't get the "kiddie" treatment. (IE: lego universe, clone wars adventures) I am however thankful that it's not Bayformers.

• reillanreillan Member UncommonPosts: 247

Funny, on my MMORPG blog, I called Transformers one of the top 5 IPs eligible for being turned into an MMO.  I also said that they would need to give us significant vehicle customization so we can transform into whatever we like.  We'll see how that goes...

Now for the other 4...

• depaindepain Member Posts: 263

Masters of the Universe would've been 10000000x better.

You would have fantasy, sci-fi, customization, creature mounts, space ships, swords, guns, factions, etc all into 1 game.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Originally posted by depain

You would have fantasy, sci-fi, customization, creature mounts, space ships, swords, guns, factions, etc all into 1 game.

Gummi Bears would be 1 gazillion times better. Hellz yeah.

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,077

Ehhh lol the idea of playing a robot in anything is strange to me for whatever the reason, but I don't doubt it'll be cool.

• godzilr1godzilr1 Member UncommonPosts: 550

The only problem i have with this is "customization".  We hear time and time again you can customize your character and we the players always gets screwed or limited some how.  Be in that we only get armor dyes, or we can only choose stuff our class can equip,etc.  For this game to Truely be customizable so each robot (like the Transformers universe) is recognizeable they better have a TON of chasises and Robots forms.

• carguy07carguy07 Member Posts: 5

work on the god damn games you already have like "stellar dawn" or maybe update some of the old skills from runescape stop mass producing failed games.  I could list alot more games that have been made by jagex that simply just fail then they walk away from it.  Now some brilliant dumbass from jagex is like HEY i know what we can make now thats going to go no place at all!!! transformers yesss kids wiill love thatefwiuherwoif omgfireerg make it now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!weihtferogt

@!

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861

i already see massive imbalance issues. everyone and their mother will be playing flying transformer specced into ranged dps build.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• apocalanceapocalance Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

I'm going to be a fuel truck-based transformer mage. I'll spec fire (obviously) and probably run delivery quests to level as herbalism won't be the best option from someone on the road. And since I'm picturing myself as a ground unit, obviously I'm more in the autobot camp.

If I can, I'm going to have a flame paint job and black leather seats.

/sarcasm

so...

• SyrusSyiSyrusSyi Member Posts: 366

It being using a more advanced version of the Rune Tek Engine that runescape runs off of most likely

Playing: Single player games |

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

• SyrusSyiSyrusSyi Member Posts: 366

Originally posted by carguy07

work on the god damn games you already have like "stellar dawn" or maybe update some of the old skills from runescape stop mass producing failed games.  I could list alot more games that have been made by jagex that simply just fail then they walk away from it.  Now some brilliant dumbass from jagex is like HEY i know what we can make now thats going to go no place at all!!! transformers yesss kids wiill love thatefwiuherwoif omgfireerg make it now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!weihtferogt

@!

You do reliase they said mutiple times that Stellardawn and Runescape and Transformers universe has differnt development teams.

Playing: Single player games |

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

Agree. That would be amazing.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

He-Man was awesome when I was 6!!!

Joined - July 2004

• scratch250scratch250 Member Posts: 17

Originally posted by syrusmag3

Originally posted by carguy07

@!

You do reliase they said mutiple times that Stellardawn and Runescape and Transformers universe has differnt development teams.

Nooo thats not how it works...

/sarcasm

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

Whose making this?

• JohnnyMotrinJohnnyMotrin Member UncommonPosts: 439

Right now I have no excitement what so ever.  Age of Armor anyone?  Until they show me something to get excited about, thanks but no thanks.

• rtekerrteker Member Posts: 11

hey most important question here;

WILL the cybertrons be based off of the more popular G1 series or the crappy Bayformers?

I hope G1 myself

• HomebrewerHomebrewer Member Posts: 11

I'm pretty sick of popular IP mmos. They rarely last and are usually an afront to true fans of the property. As much as I love Transformers, I don't want to see this game completed.

• cyber7chinkcyber7chink Member UncommonPosts: 61

Originally posted by gessekai332

i already see massive imbalance issues. everyone and their mother will be playing flying transformer specced into ranged dps build.

I dont see this happening. I see them using class sizes from the toys (voyager, scout, etc...) and probably applying limitations on what can and cannot be done with each size/class/transport type of Transformer.

Something like flying types can have X/5 slots for armor upgrades, where a tank type will have x/10 slots. Also, you can be a scout size and be heavily armored or a tank due to the scout size is small, but may have things like more speed/dex upgrades than the larger size transformers.

If this is done right, I am sure there will be many variables. But like almost all MMORPGs, their will be a "flavor build of the month" for each size/class/vehicle type. Its how the community works n a MMORPG. Copy what can beat them.

• cyber7chinkcyber7chink Member UncommonPosts: 61

Originally posted by rteker

hey most important question here;

WILL the cybertrons be based off of the more popular G1 series or the crappy Bayformers?

I hope G1 myself

I agree... G1 leading into the last seasons before G1 ended would be ideal. Where the spacebridge is open, cybertron and earth are partners in exploration/peace missions. It would open up the game to so many possibilities. Maybe add some minicons in it as interactive pets/minions.

• kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829

Like others have said, and I'll state it Hasbro doesn't give a crap about the franchise other than making money of the IP.  If they cared, the movies would of been for fans not for the general public(which would of became fans regardless, because of the IP) instead we got giant robots being destroyed by humans and a "showgirl" in a movie for sex appeal that didn't need it because M.B. is a flipping retard.   If you can't sink your teeth into giant bloody auto vs decepticreep that are tall and destroying things, then frankly your a on something very bad.

This game could be great, could be a pile, I'm leaning on pile until I see some proof otherwise.  If they can mess up 3 movies with a combined budget of 500+M for fans of G1, what makes you think something with a smidge of that budget will adhere to us.