Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you play FE if it was more FPS and less WoW?

hookiedupu2hookiedupu2 Member Posts: 19

With patch 1.9 the game quickly dissolved into 300 rifle rounds to an NPCs face to kill it.  Granted, these are "veteran mobs" which means they are about 150% harder than regular mobs, but that still seems a bit retarded, especially when using a heavy sniper rifle.

My question is different than the state of the new FE however.  Would you be willing to try FE or come back to FE if the combat was faster?

Because I accidentally hit enter before I could post a "I wouldn't try it" option or "I'd quit FE" option, post below if you'd be opposed to faster combat.

Comments

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

It's bug. It was stated on the forums. Something with the health of NPCs.

REALITY CHECK

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

This poll is one sided.  FE combat is NOTHING like WoW.  If it was, I would have enjoyed it more.

This doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy other styles of combat.  Anything would be better than what it is now or even was a year ago.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

I find it confusing that they released this update knowing such a glaring bug was in there. Unless it goes back to the shoot em up action feel it had prior to 1.9, I won't be going back. Any more than 4 headshots to anything not elite should obliterate it.

BTW, you're poll is asking Yes or Yes. lol..

Joined - July 2004

• RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 828

One major thing I found to be lacking was the combat system, although it is supposed to be shooter-ish it never felt quite shooter-ish. If they could make the combat more fast paced and make the aiming smoother and less twitchy, it would improve the combat system a decent amount.

BTW, can't you edit that poll after you posted it?

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

Empty game, crap ui, crap combat system, crap pointless pvp....no, never again.

If i wanted to play an FPS...i'd play an FPS....a GOOD FPS, not some second-rate hybrid.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

I tested the game and they way the combat works i dislike very much.
    FPS similar combat doesnt make a good mmorpg, its by far not WOW enough!

Even they would change it to WOW combat i wont play it in the future bcs there be already 3 mmos coming i want to try and there is simply NO window left for games that did not cathc me in the past...

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

• CzelawCzelaw Member UncommonPosts: 173

Dont ppl bitch that games are to much like WoW or WoW clones? lmao now were bitching that its not WoW like enuff you guys kill me.

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

Yeh they messed up the patch, no excuse.

REALITY CHECK

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by Czelaw

Dont ppl bitch that games are to much like WoW or WoW clones? lmao now were bitching that its not WoW like enuff you guys kill me.

Why are you generalizing that the people in this thread who like WoW's combat are the same as those you hear "complain" about WoW and WoW clones? 

• ThekandyThekandy Member Posts: 621

I have a feeling that Fallen Earth could have been so much better had it not been forced into the usual MMO conventions.

it's real sad, because back then there was nothing i wanted more than this game, even bought a state-of-the-art, brand spanking new rig to play it after being bogged down to 5 fps in the beta.

That said, yes i do think it would be better with less MMO combat and more fast-paced fluid action, then again i'm entirely sick of hotbars and the bazillion hotkeys that comes with them.

• CzelawCzelaw Member UncommonPosts: 173

Wasent generalizing and dident meen to ofend. Just click any fourm post and read. I dont like WoW just dosent do it for me.So makeing somthing More like somthing i dislike pushes me away.Again its my preference and only what i see posted here. you can like what ever you want makes zero differance in my life was just comminting on what ive seen here.

• reb007reb007 Member UncommonPosts: 613

The game lacks polish. If there's anything it needs, it's polish.

-combat needs to be overhauled completely. I don't care if it's FPS or third-person, so long as it's not sluggish and broken

-scaling missions/NPCs in case you can't find a group

-faster travel.

• TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468

ya i am one of the original everything is like wow bitchers and sorry this game is nothing like wow the comparison is totally off base

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by Exterminos

ya i am one of the original everything is like wow bitchers and sorry this game is nothing like wow the comparison is totally off base

I agree.

I actually came over to this thread because of the hilarious implication that FE is like WoW. I was hoping to find some comparisons that would show WHY anyone would think that. I'm completely baffled.

I loved a lot of things about FE, but ultimately left due to the increasingly necessary grouping as you leveled and the fact that I had a tough time finding groups due to the time of day I was having to play. I do agree that combat was somewhat sluggish and clumsy feeling, I don't agree we needed faster travel....nope. And the crafting times weren't a problem, you just queued stuff up to craft and let it automatically do so while you were busy with other things. I found that rather refreshing. I thought the game had just enough FPS really, it just needed some refining.

But like WoW?  Uhm.....like in absolutely NO way I saw, that's for sure.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

I think what he is trying to say is WoW like in the sense of a hotbar full of skills to use at the proper moment rather than the being a shooter - aim point and fire of a fps which IMO had far too little of or a feeling of to me.To me it seemed as if it was on the fence trying to be both but not accomplishing either.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

I can't think of anything that could bring me back to this game.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

As far as I'm concerned the combat never was FPS. Oh, sure it had some components that made it feel something like a quasi-fps, but other than having to free-aim, the game has always been more similiar to a typical MMO game. There were still dice rolls to determine accuracy and the game didn't care what your position was after an attack went off. The moment a chicken meleed me when my character was nowhere near it was the moment I logged off and uninstalled.

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

• DameonkDameonk Member UncommonPosts: 1,914

I signed up for beta in the first place because I was expecting something like Borderlands... what I got instead was a generic MMO combat system with free-aim.

So yes, if they made it an FPSMMO I would be back, if it was good.

"There is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer."

• MonthigosMonthigos Staff WriterMember Posts: 61

How can anyone assert this game is not a first person shooter?

You can shoot stuff...

...from a first-person view.

>_<

Granted I'm an old fart who weaned off the teet of Wolfenstein, Doom and Quake, but did modern gaming over-define what qualifies as a FPS? Sure, it's simplistic in comparison to modern shooters that feature sophisticated AI and gameplay mechanics such as cover locking, but it's still a shooter.

I don't understand what is so awkward about the combat either. When I want to shoot something, I press the middle mouse button and the game goes in first person view. Then I attempt to shoot things in the face. If you want to see a real hybridization of FPS and MMORPG combat mechanics, check out Neocron.

- m o n t h i g o s -

My opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of MMORPG.com

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

The slow combat is because they messed up the patch by underestimating what effect fixing an old bug had for the chanced combat mechanics. This made them lose subs I think. Their explanation on the forums doesn't reach all players (the majority that doesnt visit forums for example).

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

I think that the game combat is fine.  I don't play it as a PvP game.  Now if they added more PvP things like territory control etc. which it seems they plan to then I might be more concerned. As the game is now I am not worried.  

Come to think of it I do hate all the buffs and crap like that and would be happy to see a lot of them go.  I think that is a bit WoWish.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• WaldoCornWaldoCorn Member UncommonPosts: 235

One thing I think that bogs it down for me, is the lack of self targeting heals. To be moving, firing, then have to stop firing, target myself, then heal, then go back to firing, breaks any fluid action. Granted there is one alpha heal that selftargets, but it is usless at lvls above about 35.

I dont mean to say there should be more heals, or less heals, but what heals there are that one can use on self, would be better if they self targeted, and, didnt heal my oponent or target, should I fire a shot, or swing a weapon at it while using the heal.

Perhaps this would make the need for more heals IDK, I guess there would need to be heals just for a team healer, in addition to at least two or three self targeting heals. Perhaps make the AP requirements high enough for the team healer heals, that one would be nearler a dedicated healer, so one mellee or rifle/pistol, would not be too likely to stack a huge array of heals, via macro or whatever, less they gimp themselves in AP they need for combat, and be in effective at either.

One other thing would be helpfull I think is colored tags for Team or Raid members. This would add some smoothness to group combat, and allow same factions and shoulder factions, playing on different teams, not shoot the wrong guy, without some kind of friendly fire. I really dont think FF is needed. Color coding team/raid tags, I believe would help bring the situational awareness, to a more realistic level, albeit via a purely virtual method. I mean its not like we are wearing uniforms.

See the world and all within it.
    Live a lifetime in every minute.

• jihashijihashi Member Posts: 136

1.9.3 just made things alot worse, so... yeah... I'll be leaving that in the virtual dust and leave it to slowly die out as more of us leave.

• RabiatorRabiator Member Posts: 358

Originally posted by mrcalhou

As far as I'm concerned the combat never was FPS. Oh, sure it had some components that made it feel something like a quasi-fps, but other than having to free-aim, the game has always been more similiar to a typical MMO game. There were still dice rolls to determine accuracy and the game didn't care what your position was after an attack went off. The moment a chicken meleed me when my character was nowhere near it was the moment I logged off and uninstalled.

I played in beta and the lag was waaay too much for a FPS. That may have been part of your problems. This said, Fallen Earth will go free2play soon and I think I'll give it another try.  The devs had a lot of time now to fix things...

... but if they didn't, it won't cost me much to check it out.

• RabiatorRabiator Member Posts: 358

I played in beta and the lag was waaay too much for a FPS. That may have been part of your problems. This said, Fallen Earth will go free2play soon and I think I'll give it another try.  The devs had a lot of time now to fix things...

... but if they didn't, it won't cost me much to check it out.

Upon seeing the terms of Service, I've reconsidered.

The EULA was odious as usual, but tolerable as a normal player is unlikely to be targeted for violating it..

But rules for in-game behavior that explicitly forbid being rude? In a post-apocalyptic world where it is guaranteed that some people are mentally unhinged? Where at least one faction (the CHOTA) is depicted as violent savages?

Sorry, but that is designed to kill any role-playing that might exist despite RP being somewhat out of fashion image. It annoyed me back in Neocron II, and this time there are enough alternatives that I'll just skip this game. Even if it looked nice once upon a time.