Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

APB: Reloaded: Test, Kill, and Win a Joker RFP-9

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

APB Reloaded and Reloaded Productions are holding a stress-test all weekend long.  Any player who logs in to give the game a hearty stressing and who also kills 100 other players will win a permanent Joker RFP-9 pistol.  Another one hundred players will receive a special cowboy hat for their avatars.

Patch 1.5.2 is scheduled to launch in the next two weeks, and we want to get ready by stress testing the servers! So this weekend (July 8th – 11th), we're giving any player that kills 100 unique players a permanent Joker RFP-9 for helping out. All you need to do is login and kill players! Repeat kills of the same player will not count.

Read more about the weekend's stress test over at the Official Forums.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Too bad the hackers will win, as they still are very prevalent.  I would give it a go if that weren't the reality.

• mad-hattermad-hatter Member UncommonPosts: 241

Too true, game isn't worth playing, hackers are very abundant, don't think they'll ever really put a stop to them.

• kaspertgkaspertg Member UncommonPosts: 30

They won't do anything meaninful, they spend weeks "monitoring" to ban them. The next day after a anti cheat patch they're back with a number added to their name. Not to mention the absurd pricing of cash shop on top of having a subscription fee.

• SerenexSerenex Member UncommonPosts: 126

Originally posted by kaspertg

They won't do anything meaninful, they spend weeks "monitoring" to ban them. The next day after a anti cheat patch they're back with a number added to their name. Not to mention the absurd pricing of cash shop on top of having a subscription fee.

Theres no sub fee, cash shop yes, and the hackers are rediculous but, what are  you gonna do? no other game can keep up with hackers.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

I love how people who aren't good, claim they get kileld by a hacker.  Helps them sleep at night, I guess.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

I loved the original, flawed though it was.  I waited patiently for the rerelease, but when it came with the wierd cash shop pricing and p2w philosophy I just threw my hands up.

I was willing to pay a sub.  Or pay for cool looking fluff stuff.  But 'renting' weapons?  No thank you.  I'm glad others are enjoyng it though, it was a fun game.

• King_KumquatKing_Kumquat Member Posts: 492

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

I love how people who aren't good, claim they get kileld by a hacker.  Helps them sleep at night, I guess.

I'm going to say this is the most truthful reply in this thread.

Will develop an original MMORPG title for money.
  • JaksonAUSJaksonAUS Member Posts: 1

There are actually very, very few hackers in apb, less than a fraction of a percent of the player base. And those that ARE hacking ARE getting caught and banned. The assumption that apb is filled with hackers is a MYTH created by those that are too inexperienced(or too young) to know what a real hacker looks like. Apb is fantastic game and i highly reconmend it to everyone.

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    I wonder if my sob disc still works?
    Apb I meant to say, iPhone loves to correct everything
    Regarding the post of hackers , when I used to play soldier of fortune and win almost every match, people used to call me a hacker as well, even to the point of being kicked out LOL
  • XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

The game does have its fair share of hackers, which is unfortunate as when you get against an opposing team that is playing fair, the game and the missions can be a ton of fun. Some of the hackers are completely blatent about it while others are a little more subtle. When you see things such as people killing others with a pistol while falling off a building, its pretty evident that there are in fact some pretty nasty hacks. 

Hopefully they will take care of these problems quickly, or else this game is going to fall into the same cycle it did previously. 

The game does NOT "have a fair share of hackers."

It, does, not.

Get............... better.  Thats all it is.

The game is nuts, its 100% crazy. all the time.

The person that you just got entirely owned by? Yeah, he just previously got entirely owned by someone else.  Thats how it is.

Something absolutely impossible just happened and it happened to kill your character?  Thats the game. crazy stuff is always happening.  APB is likethe world from the movie The Last Action Hero.  The laws of reality aren't present, its a pure Action Movie playable by us.  mere mortals.

Someone falls off a roof and killed you with a pistol?  It was that person's "Schwarzenegger" moment for the day.

Look, I'm bad at APB, really bad. But when I try really hard to think smarter, play wiser... I do a lot better.  It takes focus and time to realize what you did wrong and try to change it for the next time, for the next fight.

Getting really fantastic with throwing Grenades will alone, drastically improve your kill ratio. And thats just one small example.

A site note:  I read recently from an APB official blog that sometimes it looks like you're being "one-shotted" by the displayed graphics on the screen, but infact that person actually took a lot more shots at you.  Missed shots, aren't a priority in the game's rendering due to the sheer number of bullets being fired in a zone at any given time.  Missed shots don't always get rendered as a result. 

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

The game is nuts, its 100% crazy. all the time.

The person that you just got entirely owned by? Yeah, he just previously got entirely owned by someone else.  Thats how it is.

Something absolutely impossible just happened and it happened to kill your character?  Thats the game. crazy stuff is always happening.  APB is likethe world from the movie The Last Action Hero.  The laws of reality aren't present, its a pure Action Movie playable by us.  mere mortals.

Someone falls off a roof and killed you with a pistol?  It was that person's "Schwarzenegger" moment for the day.

Look, I'm bad at APB, really bad. But when I try really hard to think smarter, play wiser... I do a lot better.  It takes focus and time to realize what you did wrong and try to change it for the next time, for the next fight.

Getting really fantastic with throwing Grenades will alone, drastically improve your kill ratio. And thats just one small example.

A site note:  I read recently from an APB official blog that sometimes it looks like you're being "one-shotted" by the displayed graphics on the screen, but infact that person actually took a lot more shots at you.  Missed shots, aren't a priority in the game's rendering due to the sheer number of bullets being fired in a zone at any given time.  Missed shots don't always get rendered as a result. 

You're as enthusiastic as me, but way better in describing! :D

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

then why is it that you guys still use mmorpg.com and it's forum, those spambots never leave either :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791

I can play 10 missions and never see a hacker. We win...we loose...no big deal since it was fun. Then we come up against a couple of guys that are obviously using wall hacks and aimbots. Obvious because of the way the can target without looking at you OR know exactly where you are even when you are no where near the objective (across the map). Now, if this did not happen but once in a while it might be fun....find a new instance and move on. However, there are too many times that we log on, start having fun and then have it ruined by these jokers. If you think there are no cheaters in APB you are fooling yourself. Just go check YouTube.

Secondly, there is a "Pay to win" mentality in APB. Sure, you can get weapons and equipment that are fairly good. However, the weapons and equipment that can be purchased on the store are always better. If I am going to shell out for a game I expect it to be fair. If it is "free", I expect it still to be fair. Yes, Gamersfirst needs to make money. Then can do that via subscriptions (yes...you can pay a sub) OR they can sell things at their item shop. I have no problem with either. I just have a huge problem with having to spend money on items in the store that I can not get in game that are better then any in game items.

My friends and I had fun for a while. Now, we are disheartened and have decided to move on.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

actually theorycrafting have come to conclude that most of the weapons are at best only better than a non-sloted weapon and with the sloted ones offering a lot better flexibility the playingfield equals pretty quick... Actually with some skill you can get pretty far with the starter gun.

Not so much Pay2Win as Skills2Win.. if that was not so there would be no need for "hacking"

This have been a good conversation

• RhianneRhianne Member UncommonPosts: 58

Actually the worst part of this game is the uneducated, annoying swarm of pre-teens that ignores detailed discussion of real hacking, incontrovertible evidence of hacking from Google and Youtube, and any opinion other than their own to blither "get better" every chance they get. These people aren't contributing to the discussion; they're making it worse.

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791

Originally posted by Rhianne

Actually the worst part of this game is the uneducated, annoying swarm of pre-teens that ignores detailed discussion of real hacking, incontrovertible evidence of hacking from Google and Youtube, and any opinion other than their own to blither "get better" every chance they get. These people aren't contributing to the discussion; they're making it worse.

I usually attribute such comments to:

a) Those individuals that like the game so much they can't stand to see someone point out the flaws

OR,

b) Those that are actually part of the cheating/hacking crowd and just don't want their "victims" to wise up.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815

This game has MORE than it's fair share of hackers.  It doesn't take long to see people making impossible manuvers such as shooting around corners and only firing three times at a fast moving target and never missing to see it.

I would go as far as saying 5% to 10% of the active players in the last few weeks use exploits.

The game is fun but until something is done about the aimbot users, it's a waste of time.

• smokeybhasmokeybha Member UncommonPosts: 129

Sure there are hackers sometimes. I honestly dont see that many. Maybe 2 or 3 people that I might accuse of it. The ones that do it more subtley are the dangerous ones...

With that said, and for those that somehow dont realize it, this game is ALL about positioning. Positioning is the single most important thing you can do. The game itself is a load of fun, one of the most addicting games I've played. It is also one of the most frustrating. Take the good with the bad I guess...

Again, I already explained how it looks like people are great shots who never miss, but infact miss a lot of shots.

Nobody even reads this stuff.

You do need more skill and there aren'tthat many hackers.

And I'm... most definitely... not a hacker.

That arguement is pretty damn absurd too. "u must b teh hack3r!"

• NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815

All it takes is to play the game daily for a week to see how prevalant the hacks are.  The two most common are radar hacks - where enemy players can find you anywhere on the map even if you are stationalry and hidden.  The second is aimbots. 

There are some really good players out there, but you can tell the difference between a really good player and someone hacking.  If you say hacking is not common in this game then:

1.  You don't play the game.

2.  You play the game and are a complete idiot and think other players should be able to run, jump off of buildings, while shooting behind them and never miss a shot.

3.  Have some connection with the development team and are part of the campagn of denial.

4.  Are using third party programs themselves.