Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Rift worth coming back to?

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

I never reached max level. I stopped at 45. I didnt like the PvP. it was too small scale. the only BG close to WoW's AV with PvE elements and stuff like that but inside a PvP instance, was at max level, and  heard it was only 20vs20.

Also World Events kinda faded and zone events as well, near higher levels.

The quest grind was a bore.

But that was awhile ago. Is it worth coming back now? I never got to try the LFG tool. did it help alot?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• cerebrixcerebrix Member UncommonPosts: 566

the mistake a lot of people make with the lfg tool is just insisting on one role.

get multiple roles, then queue for everything, you can find a group using that tool in no time.

people that insist on damage tend to say its a terrible tool.  but thats because so many people have a tough time getting their head around one of the key principles of the game.  that you can and should change your character around at will for the most part.

Games i'm playing right now...

"In short, I thought NGE was a very bad idea" - Raph Koster talking about NGE on his blog at raphkoster.com

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762

OP - Hasn't changed any in the regards you're talking about, so in your case, no, it's not worth coming back to at this time.

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

No new battlegrounds. Nothing to make it meaningful.

Some classes got nerf. Some got buff.

But nothing new about the PvP, still pretty flat.

LFG tool is kinda broken, but no one admits it yet. Cross server feature isn't added yet, but it probably will be in before the year is out because people still complain about long wait times (2hrs).

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373

Not at all

Originally posted by popinjay

LFG tool is kinda broken, but no one admits it yet. Cross server feature isn't added yet, but it probably will be in before the year is out because people still complain about long wait times (2hrs).

yes, as i said.  people that only queue for one role have problems.

talk to someone that can queue as healer/damage/tank and you'll get a very different answer.

"In short, I thought NGE was a very bad idea" - Raph Koster talking about NGE on his blog at raphkoster.com

Originally posted by cerebrix

Originally posted by popinjay

yes, as i said.  people that only queue for one role have problems.

Not true. All types of people have problems no matter what they queue. There is a bigger hole for healers and tanks now, but dps is starting to catch up as well.

Basically all those server 'whatevers' where people moved are causing a lot of problems now. Some people are just unsubbing or going back for Firelands because they know WoW's system works without complications.

seems busier than ever on wolfsbane.  everyone in my guild is having a great time and were not even a progression guild.

Originally posted by cerebrix
    seems busier than ever on wolfsbane.  everyone in my guild is having a great time and were not even a progression guild.

Wolfsbane is the third highest population server in the game, so of course that looks good to you, why wouldn't it? Pretty sure it's closed as well to people trying to transfer toons there so that leaves the OP out. I would be surpised if someone on the third highest server said "Yeah, we don't have enough people", lol.

It's like rich people saying 'Recession? What recession? Everything seems fine to me" when lower/middle class people complain about inflation and jobs.

Wolfsbane ø 2.29 ø 2.36 -0.07 is actually down from what it was, but you say it 'seems' busier than ever. This is what I mean about perception. It only looks that way to you because maybe you personally are busier or have that bias.

It's why I said it doesn't matter as long as a person is having fun, but to make statements like you have that ONLY people who refuse to queue a certain way have trouble is not true. You cannot account for every server and every population makeup on that server. You're in a good guild, let's just leave it at that.

There is a problem with the LFG system, but Trion hasn't said anything about it yet because they are still working on it. There's a very good chance cross-shard LFG will be coming by the year's end because there still is big problems with people getting in fast enough.

this has been verified by several people.

all you need to do to transfer is this...

if you dont have a guild there already, contact one via the forums, talk to the about joining.

then submit a ticket, tell the gm your guild is on (for sake of discussion) wolfsbane, tell them the guild, and they will transfer your toon there.  locked from transfers or not.

• almalexiusalmalexius Member UncommonPosts: 180

Nope.

WOW,eq2,Vanguard,WAR,LOTRO,AOC,Rift Aion, SWTOR, TERA.

Currently playing GW2.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Its definitely worth coming back to if you love shallow boring gameplay involving spamming a one button macro.

• OilcanharryOilcanharry Member Posts: 73

Turtles belong on a plate,not beneath you as a mount.

Man Of Constant Sorrow

• BeachcomberBeachcomber Member Posts: 535

Originally posted by Oilcanharry

Why woould you put a turtle on a plate ?

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Originally posted by Beachcomber

Originally posted by Oilcanharry

Why woould you put a turtle on a plate ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turtle_soup

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by MMOExposed

I never reached max level. I stopped at 45. I didnt like the PvP. it was too small scale. the only BG close to WoW's AV with PvE elements and stuff like that but inside a PvP instance, was at max level, and  heard it was only 20vs20.

Also World Events kinda faded and zone events as well, near higher levels.

The quest grind was a bore.

But that was awhile ago. Is it worth coming back now? I never got to try the LFG tool. did it help alot?

Everything that made you leave is still there.  Nothing has changed in regards to the core game.  LFG still sucks, it's too slow.  Endgame is still a horrible repetitive grind.  Maybe check back in a year or so, hopefully other things like housing and NON raiding content will be in the game by then.