Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PlanetSide2.com is up together with a Facebook page + countdown.

Comments

• KelSaithKelSaith Member Posts: 12

Wow, that looks promising!

• M_VexM_Vex Member Posts: 67

They're demoing their "Unable to Connect" message system.

I'm making a game out of it, every time I click "Try Again" it lets me click "Try Again" another time!

[EDIT: yeah yeah, trailer's up now and site may have been swamped... my SOE experience in the last few months has made me bitter after 8 years of fandom]

• IceNekoIceNeko Member Posts: 21

Site seems to be under a ye bit of load lol.

Finally got the page to load and then entered in my email just to get:

There was an error processing your request. Please try again later.

:(

• AurukAuruk Member Posts: 36

the game is great! im at 21 clicks!

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269
  • KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Originally posted by Worstluck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBCp_rgAkfc&feature=player_embedded#at=55

Gameplay trailer on their site now. 

Looks pretty badass, can't wait to play, I put a boatload of hours into Planetside.

Originally posted by Kost

Originally posted by Worstluck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBCp_rgAkfc&feature=player_embedded#at=55

Gameplay trailer on their site now. 

Looks pretty badass, can't wait to play, I put a boatload of hours into Planetside.

Aye looks pretty good to me as well.  Just by the looks of the gameplay I would assume the game is at least in alpha stages, hopefully with a closed beta announced soon :) 

• VenekorVenekor Member Posts: 62

I didn't expect much graphically because SOE has never been good at art, the animations just look really really bad and I just hope that's a result of the game being far away from release.

All I want from the game is Planetside with better graphics though, soooo this footage hasn't answered anything for me, still dunno if I should get excited because it's Planetside 2 or sad cause SOE has made another stinker.

Originally posted by Venekor

I didn't expect much graphically because SOE has never been good at art, the animations just look really really bad and I just hope that's a result of the game being far away from release.

All I want from the game is Planetside with better graphics though, soooo this footage hasn't answered anything for me, still dunno if I should get excited because it's Planetside 2 or sad cause SOE has made another stinker.

Yeah, animations are pretty poor looking in that trailer, that is why I can only assume the game is in alpha stages.  To be honest though, it's hard to make this game into a stinker in my opinion.  They already said no BFR's which is great.  Basically an updated Planetside with better graphics, UI, etc without BFR's is a winner in my book. 

• ArthineasArthineas Member Posts: 231

Game looks really good in my opinion.  Can't wait to see more.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

The graphics in PS 2 looks great, driving the tank looks great, but I'm kinda bummed that they ditched the siganture zoom scope that's in the first PS- now you get the typical clone FPS aim down sights (looks alot like BF2142 ADS). Armor customization is a cool addition though.