Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com will be down for maintenance beginning at midnight EST on Tuesday, August 30. Downtime is expected to last only a couple of hours.

PlanetSide2.com is up together with a Facebook page + countdown.

Comments

• KelSaithKelSaith BrisbanePosts: 12Member

Wow, that looks promising!

• M_VexM_Vex Burgessville, ONPosts: 67Member

They're demoing their "Unable to Connect" message system.

I'm making a game out of it, every time I click "Try Again" it lets me click "Try Again" another time!

[EDIT: yeah yeah, trailer's up now and site may have been swamped... my SOE experience in the last few months has made me bitter after 8 years of fandom]

• IceNekoIceNeko Somewhere, CAPosts: 21Member

Site seems to be under a ye bit of load lol.

Finally got the page to load and then entered in my email just to get:

There was an error processing your request. Please try again later.

:(

• AurukAuruk Plover, WIPosts: 36Member

the game is great! im at 21 clicks!

• WorstluckWorstluck the valley, CAPosts: 1,269Member
  • KostKost Vancouver, BCPosts: 1,975Member Common

Originally posted by Worstluck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBCp_rgAkfc&feature=player_embedded#at=55

Gameplay trailer on their site now. 

Looks pretty badass, can't wait to play, I put a boatload of hours into Planetside.

Originally posted by Kost

Originally posted by Worstluck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBCp_rgAkfc&feature=player_embedded#at=55

Gameplay trailer on their site now. 

Looks pretty badass, can't wait to play, I put a boatload of hours into Planetside.

Aye looks pretty good to me as well.  Just by the looks of the gameplay I would assume the game is at least in alpha stages, hopefully with a closed beta announced soon :) 

• VenekorVenekor hgfghfg, GAPosts: 62Member

I didn't expect much graphically because SOE has never been good at art, the animations just look really really bad and I just hope that's a result of the game being far away from release.

All I want from the game is Planetside with better graphics though, soooo this footage hasn't answered anything for me, still dunno if I should get excited because it's Planetside 2 or sad cause SOE has made another stinker.

Originally posted by Venekor

I didn't expect much graphically because SOE has never been good at art, the animations just look really really bad and I just hope that's a result of the game being far away from release.
    All I want from the game is Planetside with better graphics though, soooo this footage hasn't answered anything for me, still dunno if I should get excited because it's Planetside 2 or sad cause SOE has made another stinker.

Yeah, animations are pretty poor looking in that trailer, that is why I can only assume the game is in alpha stages.  To be honest though, it's hard to make this game into a stinker in my opinion.  They already said no BFR's which is great.  Basically an updated Planetside with better graphics, UI, etc without BFR's is a winner in my book. 

• ArthineasArthineas Selinsgrove, PAPosts: 231Member

Game looks really good in my opinion.  Can't wait to see more.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Vancouver, BCPosts: 2,153Member Uncommon

The graphics in PS 2 looks great, driving the tank looks great, but I'm kinda bummed that they ditched the siganture zoom scope that's in the first PS- now you get the typical clone FPS aim down sights (looks alot like BF2142 ADS). Armor customization is a cool addition though.