Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Decided to try this out last night out of boredom.

Konner920Konner920 Member UncommonPosts: 295

And I have to say, I've never felt more wrong about a game. I always hated on this, called it City of heroes with better graphics. But it's not. The gameplay is more fluid, 10x more ways to customize your character. travel powers were much easier to get than in CoH. Me and my friends started playing last night, and I'm actually quite shocked that it's actually not a bad game at all. Sure I don't like instancing as much as cryptic does with their games, but it's actually a GOOD GAME. The graphics are beautiful, as I love cel shading. I don't play a game for graphics, but I tend to like games that are cel shaded. I recommend anyone, if you haven't tried it since it's gone free to play. Try it. you won't be disappointed if you like customizing, and a beautiful cel shaded world. It's much more exciting than City of heroes, especially since you can move and use your powers. I'm quite happy.

I made a odd cat on there, I named it "meow i'm a cat" because i'm bad at names.

http://i52.tinypic.com/312ac7q.jpg < my character.

Comments

• BeaumanBeauman Member UncommonPosts: 142

Originally posted by Konner920

And I have to say, I've never felt more wrong about a game. I always hated on this, called it City of heroes with better graphics. But it's not. The gameplay is more fluid, 10x more ways to customize your character. travel powers were much easier to get than in CoH. Me and my friends started playing last night, and I'm actually quite shocked that it's actually not a bad game at all. Sure I don't like instancing as much as cryptic does with their games, but it's actually a GOOD GAME. The graphics are beautiful, as I love cel shading. I don't play a game for graphics, but I tend to like games that are cel shaded. I recommend anyone, if you haven't tried it since it's gone free to play. Try it. you won't be disappointed if you like customizing, and a beautiful cel shaded world. It's much more exciting than City of heroes, especially since you can move and use your powers. I'm quite happy.

I made a odd cat on there, I named it "meow i'm a cat" because i'm bad at names.

http://i52.tinypic.com/312ac7q.jpg < my character.

Welcome to the game! 

• Reas43Reas43 Member Posts: 297

I kno!  Rite?!  I was you 4 weeks ago.  Can't believe I wasted months on other MMO's before running into this one.  I blame poor marketing >.>  But as F2P the game should pretty much market itself now.

• meleemadnessmeleemadness Member Posts: 592

I played at launch but am deployed now....but when I get back I will play again!

I thought it was freaking great.  I don't know why there is so much negativity about the game.

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378

Most MMOs have something meaningful for you to do when you reach the level cap.  This one did not when it released and never had plans for something worth doing while I played it.  Some would suggest that you enjoy leveling, but I want to enjoy a SUPER hero with all the powers that I can get.  Unfortunately, there wasn't much for me to fight at 40, or whatever the level cap was.  I'm not sure how this game has changed in almost 2 years.  I may check it out again.

• GibboniciGibbonici Member UncommonPosts: 472

The level cap is still pretty weak, although you can run adventure packs and comic series as well as the slightly dull Unity missions, but the rest of the game has changed massively over the past 2 years.  You won't recognise how the first 15 levels or so play mission-wise, and the gameplay has been steadily tightened up and tweaked over that time.

I'll say this for Cryptic, for all the opinions you read about them, they certainly have learnt a lot from the first year of CO's life. They have become one of the most responsive and communicative MMO development houses out there, and I'm saying that as someone who lost all faith in them in 2009-2010.

Anyway, give it a shot, you've got nothing to lose if it turns out you still don't like it.

• CarolinaBestCarolinaBest Member Posts: 13

I was excited about this game 4 months ago.  Pretty boring and nothing to do at lvl 40 rite now :(, City of Heroes on the other hand is a much better game.

• HyperbeamHyperbeam Member Posts: 124

It's amazing how the words, 'Free to Play', absolve all sins :P

Oh well have fun, see you back on here in a week :)

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by Hyperbeam

It's amazing how the words, 'Free to Play', absolve all sins :P

Oh well have fun, see you back on here in a week :)

I concur with this^^.  The game is just Boring and overly repetitive.  Just like STO.  Where is the "world" and exploration?  Where is the feeling that I'm progressing in various ways with my character?  I played the game and I felt the same at level 20 as I did at level 1 with maybe a few more fancy travel powers.  Woopdie doo.

• Reas43Reas43 Member Posts: 297
    F2P means the individual player can try the game at no cost whatsoever and make their own minds whether it's for them or not. That takes a lot of power away from the internet tough guys. No one can tell you what you think. Only you can.
  • Nerf09Nerf09 Member CommonPosts: 2,953

It's sort of like a free Spore Creature creator, except better, you can do something with your creations instead of watch them jog around a 10 food radius circle.

I spent 3 hours last night making Diablo, then ran across this abomination on youtube:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p24mn6TeC4w   I only have 2 character slots as free player, someone do Andariel propery please.

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

It does have better combat and customization than CoH. It just never cranked content out as fast as I'd consume it. Enjoy it though. I like your simple character name. i lold.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• raistlinmraistlinm Member Posts: 673

Originally posted by meleemadness

I played at launch but am deployed now....but when I get back I will play again!

I thought it was freaking great.  I don't know why there is so much negativity about the game.

Different strokes for different folks I'd wager a vast majority of the people who have ever played this game (myself included) no longer play the game.  Reasons for me are I really don't like the graphics better than COH's nor do I enjoy the content much and lastly it is extremely repetative much like all other Cryptic games I've ever played (including COH) but just for environments sake I would prefer to play COH to Champions it might be a nostalgia issue or simply timing after having worn myself out on the repetition offered by COH I didn't have the patience to run the same type of treadmill as offered by Champions.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Locked thread due to necro.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.