Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Global Agenda: Revisiting Dome City

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

We at MMORPG.com are committed to making sure that game we review not only are hit with the initial review on release but also to revisiting popular titles further down the road after patches and content updates or expansions have come into play. With that in mind, MMORPG.com's Robert Fooks brings us a re-review of Global Agenda. Check out Robert's thoughts about the game and then add a few of your own!

Returning veterans of Global Agenda will notice several new additions to the game as soon as they log in. First and foremost, they will most likely no longer have to surrender their credit card information prior to entering the game world. Yes, in the months since release, Global Agenda has entered the questionable world of free-to-play. In perhaps the most sweeping change to GA, Hi-Rez Studio has not only nixed the subscription based model, but they have also ceased charging for the game itself. Implemented in their place are several alternatives to sustain the game’s profitability. The available payment models can best be explained on 3 levels, Free account, Elite account and applying a booster to your account.

Read more of Robert Fooks' Global Agenda: Revisiting Dome City.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• pompey606pompey606 Member UncommonPosts: 439

404 from link

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Originally posted by pompey606

404 from link

Looks like it's working now.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• LumanilLumanil Member Posts: 110

It's good to read, that Global Agenda got a better review this  time. But i wonder, if the re-reviewer even played the game.

The sonoran desert for example isn't the "the massively component" in Global Agenda. The sonoran desert is like the dome itself instanced with a maximum of 50 players. 

Also he forgot to write, that you don't get items from winning a pvp-mission or pve boss-fight. You have to buy about 95% of your items from the few tokens you get. Thats a BIG problem for those, who don't even want to spend their money on elite-status.

However the game is fun and unlike most other mmos even for casual gamers. You can start the game ,play a few missions and then leave without the fear that you won't be able to play with your friends, because their chars are 10 lvl above yours.

• SyrusSyiSyrusSyi Member Posts: 366

This is great to read that it has imrpoved maybe in the near future it will become one of the best F2p options even more

Playing: Single player games |

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

Very fun game.

Only thing I would add is that the community was always horrendous terrible baddddddddddddd, like the worst I've ever seen to be honest, hehe.

But on the plus side you can ignore the local/global chat entirely and have a very fun time without it :)  I may have to return sometime soon when I am a bit more bored of WoT.

• ErifNevowErifNevow Member Posts: 97

I loved Global Agenda while I was in the desert, with my freinds. Once that was done... well it was pretty done for me. We did PvP for a while, but the lack of a decent community to talk to, and the closed mindedness of said community, really lost that game for me.

Still it was phenominal, and I intend to return one day, just not today.

Newb= Newly Enrolled Wannabe Badass.

• black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 258

"More trolls than De'Arnise hold in Baldur's Gate 2"

lol that place was tough! bravo for referencing the best game ever made.

• muchavezmuchavez Member UncommonPosts: 199

I tried instanced agenda wasnt a bad game.

• MrBoazMrBoaz Member Posts: 7

Global Agenda is a great game.  I would even pay a monthly subscription just for the PvP/AvA portion of this game.  Graphics are great and gameplay is very smooth.  If you are not into PvP, this game MAY not be for you... however, I wasn't into PvP until I played this game and now it's all I want to do.

I would recommend to MMORPG to fix the price they have listed for the game.  It is F2P and you can do everything a paying player can do except use the Auction House, which doesn't really do much for you.  The game has been for a few months now around $20-25.  Additionally, you can easily get a 30% discount from players in-game who have already bought the game, bring the price even lower.

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

I just couldnt get into it looking forward to tribes though.

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

More trolls than De'Arnise hold in Baldur's Gate 2

I laughed. Well played.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • ReliiqueReliique Member Posts: 53

Originally posted by black_isle

"More trolls than De'Arnise hold in Baldur's Gate 2"

lol that place was tough! bravo for referencing the best game ever made.

Ahahah, lovely reference!! Agree with black_isle

• mmoskimmoski Member UncommonPosts: 282

Totally agree, Global Agenda is a good game and the F2P model inplace works well, the game does suffer from a lack of content open zone content and an open world RvR system, but it bridges the gap between FPS and MMO and it does this quite well.

• djvapiddjvapid Member Posts: 80

I played this game way back when it first came out, bought the game and all.  I had a blast with it for awhile, but as I watched certain guilds Monopolize several timezones for the "battleground" type stuff (it's been awhile since I played, forgot what they called it), I came to realize that it would always be that way so I gave that up fast.

However, I continued to play the arena stuff (like defending/attacking silo, etc) and continued to have fun.  Then one day they inputed the new patch that changed the whole game.  I logged in missing all of the gear/stuff I had worked so very hard for. 

They said they reimbursed you a fair amount of what you had in currency.  That was far, far, far from the case and so I dropped the game like a bad habit and never touched it again.  I've been curious about picking it back up again, but every time I contemplate the idea, I remember that they screwed me over big time.  It's a time sink.

• GuintuGuintu Member UncommonPosts: 320

Originally posted by ErifNevow

I loved Global Agenda while I was in the desert, with my freinds. Once that was done... well it was pretty done for me. We did PvP for a while, but the lack of a decent community to talk to, and the closed mindedness of said community, really lost that game for me.

Still it was phenominal, and I intend to return one day, just not today.

I agree, a friend of mine and I played all the quests and it was fun until we got back into dome city.  Then it became like a lobby shooter (except while in the lobby waiting for your game to begin you can run around Dome City).  It got old after that and we both quit.

• MikeHywkMikeHywk Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by Lumanil

It's good to read, that Global Agenda got a better review this  time. But i wonder, if the re-reviewer even played the game.

The sonoran desert for example isn't the "the massively component" in Global Agenda. The sonoran desert is like the dome itself instanced with a maximum of 50 players. 

Also he forgot to write, that you don't get items from winning a pvp-mission or pve boss-fight. You have to buy about 95% of your items from the few tokens you get. Thats a BIG problem for those, who don't even want to spend their money on elite-status.

However the game is fun and unlike most other mmos even for casual gamers. You can start the game ,play a few missions and then leave without the fear that you won't be able to play with your friends, because their chars are 10 lvl above yours.

Honestly, this sounds like someone who is a free-to-play player.  That's cool, but f2p is serverely nerfed; it's basically a glorified demo to whet your appetite and get you to buy the game. 

As an Elite Agent ($30 USD--but 30% off codes can be given out by any Elite Agent.  Just ask for one in city chat), you get one piece of equipment at the end of each succesful PvE or PvP instance.  The PvP equipment is usually uncommon or rare (you have to be level 20 to use rare items) if you are PvPing in the under-level 30 bracket.  If you are in the over-level 30 bracket, you will most often get an epic item (which generally requires level 30 to use--some more valuable things, such as end-game jetpacks will require level 40 to use).  The end-of-mission loot you get on PvE depends on the difficulty of the PvE instance (there are four "security" levels--medium, high, max, and ultra max).  If you have a booster, you will get an additional item per successful instance.  You can get items as a free player if  you buy a booster, but buying a booster before buying Elite Agent status is putting the cart before the horse.

Lumanil is sorta right in that there are token-only items that can be bought in the respective shops.  These are generally very good pieces of equipment that you will want to own, but tokens aren't too hard to come by.

One thing that needs to be made clear is that the game is more skill based than item based.  There are some end-game items which are very good (such as Cresent Jetpacks or Triage Waves for the Medic class) that you will want to get.  At the same time, not having access to these items up-front doesn't mean you can't win in PvP.  The difference between an Inferno Cannon [ddr] for 7,500 tokens and an OC Inferno Cannon [ddd] for 30,000 tokens isn't all that great; what matters is how well you can aim.  (The Inferno Cannon is the highest DPS Assault weapon.  An OC Inferno Cannon, the highest damage version, does maybe 30-35 more damage per shot than the [ddr] version.)

An example taken from a match I was in about a week or so ago: I'm one of the 15 or so best healing medics in above-30 PvP.  I thought it would be fun to troll around in the under-30 bracket, so I made a new character.  I outhealed a level 26 medic with my level 12 medic.  The level 26 medic had a lot more skill points and better gear than I did, but I had more skill. 

Also, you can buy equipment with Agenda Points (real money).  But the game isn't pay-to-win.  Most of the equipment you can buy with Agenda Points you can buy with tokens.  There is one vendor (the Rare Goods Vendor) that has equipment you can buy for Agenda Points but not tokens, but all the equipment you can buy in the Rare Goods store you can get as loot.  It may take a long time to loot it, but it is possible.  There is no game-breaking equipment you can only buy with real money.  The only stuff you can get with Agenda Points and nothing else is meaningless flair.

• dplagiusdplagius Member Posts: 8

Why can't there be frequent updates or new news to the game? Everyone already knows they are making money so lets put the money back in the game to increase the popularity of the game! Right?!

• Yuki_KitsuneYuki_Kitsune Member Posts: 4

Looks great, always read great reviews and I'm finally gettin a rig to play these kinds of games :3 looking forward to enjoying this soon! 

• jared626jared626 Member Posts: 6
    One of those MMOs that truly deserves some ravings. The graphics, the gameplay. and the theme just goes perfectly well with each other. Not to mention that they have a decent F2P (not pay 2 win) system going on and it just ends up being absolutely stunning.