Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Online: Jump In for the First Time or Come On Back

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Mortal Online team is proud of its first year anniversary and the release of the original game plus the Dawn expansion. To celebrate, Mortal Online is 30% off for a time and former subscribers are invited back to play for free from now through July 10th.

We recently passed the one year mark with Mortal Online, and our first expansion. We are very proud of how far the game has gone, and we will continue pressing forward with Mortal Online. If you have been holding out on jumping in, then the summer sale would have you covered. If you are someone who has drifted away from the game, we are giving you a chance to once again step in your character's shoes, and rediscover Nave.

Read more about the Mortal Online summer promotion.

Thanks to Rohn for the tip!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724

Thx, but no thanks, i'm not going back to this game ever.....

Regret that I paid money for "this"

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

The game has improved significantly since launch, with the Dawn expansion adding some more depth to the game.

It's a pretty good opportunity to see how the game has changed without having to pay anything or start up a trial account.  No harm done - free is good.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• wicked357wicked357 Member UncommonPosts: 172

snoocky -> same here! Funny I get emails saying "come back", yet I was banned for openly talking about making hax for the game to tp! Like I cared!!

• HadoshiHadoshi Member Posts: 13

Comon...REally... really..!?

I would not play this game even if It was for Free. 

(( I`D RATHER DIE WITH A STRAIGHT BACK THAN A BOW TO YOU AND LIVE ))^^^^^>

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

Perhaps when they overhaul the entire system so you are not stuck -grinding- afk 99% of the time, remove useless 1% skills, remove the ridicules " you need -all- skill points to make one decent item". and so on and so on..

All that is "ok' about the game is the pvp (when lag or bugs dont mess it up) but pvp is as mindless in MO as in any general b2p shooter. 

The game could actualy become good if they stop this "realistic" bullshit whit skill and take a good long look to UO old crafting / fighting skill system. this the mayor flaw of MO

• Rhal231Rhal231 Member UncommonPosts: 11

Won't do business with a company that stole money from me. Even if the game is free.

• IcegotenIcegoten Member UncommonPosts: 138

Not going back to this after being wrongfully banned, spent a month or two waiting, and then told they don't have access to do anything about my ban. Terrible service to make ME wait and then say it's been too long.

• RamblebrainRamblebrain Member Posts: 52

Originally posted by Rhal231

Won't do business with a company that stole money from me. Even if the game is free.

Was it that you automatically was subscribed after beta? Im glad i was paranoid about that, asked a lot of questions, and finally figured out how to stop it. It took a long time for them to even get the webpage up where you could uncheck the sub!

I think this game might be good if you have absolutely no real life at all. Personally i think doing an instance for 1-2 hours takes up too much RL :)

• ChackzChackz Member Posts: 76

obiousley the best thing about this game is indeed the sky

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

No thanks, even if they did fix things up I just hate that engine and the way it does textures, just makes the world feel washed out bland. This engine had this affect with me on all Fps games created with it too.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

the game takes 2 weeks to make a fully trained character, i dont understand why people are saying its a grind? have oyu even palyed it? any of you lol

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• BarkopoloBarkopolo Member Posts: 46

Originally posted by Ramblebrain

Was it that you automatically was subscribed after beta? Im glad i was paranoid about that, asked a lot of questions, and finally figured out how to stop it. It took a long time for them to even get the webpage up where you could uncheck the sub!

I think this game might be good if you have absolutely no real life at all. Personally i think doing an instance for 1-2 hours takes up too much RL :)

Well, at least we know you never played MO. Instances? What instances? You must be thinking of WoW or Rift.

"If I'm not enjoying the game from the beginning then why do I need to torture myself to get to "end cap" to see the "real" game? WTF? Why can't the WHOLE GAME BE THE REAL GAME" - TheExplorer
  • davidemo89davidemo89 Member UncommonPosts: 59

Originally posted by Ramblebrain

What a Fail! There are no istance in Mortal Online.

Btw, for me is the best mmorpg ever, I play MO for 2 years and now I can't play another grindy, point and click, boring normal mmorpg themepark ever.

• rtbbvrrtbbvr Member UncommonPosts: 163

Originally posted by Barkopolo

Well, at least we know you never played MO. Instances? What instances? You must be thinking of WoW or Rift.

Can't be sure of it, but I believe he is talking about instances in general taking up to much time.

• seabeastseabeast Member Posts: 748

Naw, not after our clan put together a hit with some other clans only to have walls reapear after they were taken down...by the GM. Kind of left me...bummed. I did enjoy the game and saw the possibilities but GM's in clans just wont work for me. If no GM was in clans and exploits were addressed fastly... I would consider returning.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by snoocky

Thx, but no thanks, i'm not going back to this game ever.....

Regret that I paid money for "this"

Ditto.^^

• dpollackdpollack Member Posts: 15
    If you like pvp then mortal online might be for you. Unfortunately for those who desire more in their sandbox then pure combat... Mortal online fails to offer much for noncombatants. I lost alot of respect for the debs when they forced preorders to start at launch. I wanted to avoid using my free month on such a barebone game compounded by launch problems. I'll look at mortal when there is something to come back to.
  • thanizthaniz Member Posts: 16

The game can not be compared to how it was at launch. And grind!? Spending evenings in raids waiting for more epics to dropp and hoping to get it, that's the real grind. In MO you take what you want or craft it or have anyone else craft it for you. 

• BetelBetel Member Posts: 365

The game absolutely can be compared to it's launch state. Most of the same problems are still there (hacking, GM corruption, game systems don't work properly, desync, lag ... list goes on) and SV has shown it is incapable of fixing them. To give you an idea of their incompetance - the games AI was written by a university student working as a summer intern and, unsurprisingly, has never worked. They also had to get a fan to code their patcher as they were incapable of doing so. Mind you, their previous experience is making map mods in UE Editor so this comes as no surprise.

As for items - I hope you don't mind spending an hour or so trying to find someone to make those items for you, as there are ZERO trade tools in the game. Being a crafter involves standing round town /yelling for customers for most of your online time. Sounds like great fun.

This "game" is broken and won't be around much longer. Their financial reports are terrible and they will run out of money as soon as the CEO's dad cuts the purse strings (it is basically a vanity project by a kid with a rich father). They needed to add 1500 subs to break even in the last financial period and added none, by the CEO's own admission.

If you think I am exaggerating, try the trial (if you can get it installed and working, most people have problems). You will never play a worse MMO in your life.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Originally posted by thaniz

The game can not be compared to how it was at launch. And grind!? Spending evenings in raids waiting for more epics to dropp and hoping to get it, that's the real grind. In MO you take what you want or craft it or have anyone else craft it for you. 

Absolutely, the game has improved alot, and added quite a few things, since launch.  The game is still not perfect, but it is much better than it was.

Some of the things - like butchery, cooking, fishing - have added some effective non-combat ways to play the game, as well as laid the foundation for making the game even more of a virtual world.

Overall, the game has improved, and keeps improving as time goes on.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• BetelBetel Member Posts: 365

Originally posted by Rohn

Some of the things - like butchery, cooking, fishing - have added some effective non-combat ways to play the game, as well as laid the foundation for making the game even more of a virtual world.

How do those crafters make a living? The only way to sell stuff ingame is to stand in a town and /yell. Given the low population in the game (which has not risen in at least 3 months) the chances of then finding a regular customer base is pretty small too. Not my idea of fun and I doubt many other peoples either.

Cooking is also pointless btw. You can max it in 15 minutes on any character and make more than enough food to keep you going ingame. Oh wait, of course cookng has potential. Yeah, MO has lived on potential for a year after release and nothing has been forthcoming. It's a tired excuse for a dev team that cannot produce the goods.

• JandersJanders Member UncommonPosts: 87

Originally posted by wicked357

snoocky -> same here! Funny I get emails saying "come back", yet I was banned for openly talking about making hax for the game to tp! Like I cared!!

Lmao, I got banned for hacking, and also get the come back e-mails.

• C0MAC0MA Member Posts: 522

Originally posted by AudricMr

Still hard to realize how bad people have to be at video games to aimbot...

"Sometimes people say stuff they don''t mean, but more often then that they don''t say things they do mean"

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

I will come back when they offer to pay me more than my current salary.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• JandersJanders Member UncommonPosts: 87

Originally posted by Tailz2k7

Originally posted by AudricMr

Still hard to realize how bad people have to be at video games to aimbot...

I didnt aim bot, towards the end I got sick of the game and wanted to see how long it would take to get banned.  I'll I did was the speed, and floating above/below ground. Didn't even do any pvp.  The only character with any decent skill was a crafter I had.  And it took a few days before I was banned.  I even was speeding around and a GM stopped me to talk about some bank storage items missing which I still have no clue as to what he was talking about.  But even with him stopping me while speed hacking I was not banned nor warned.