Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: E3 2011 - An Interview with the Lead Writer

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

While at E3, MMORPG.com's Melinda Haren had the opportunity to interview David Noonan, Lead Writer for TERA. TERA is a not yet released MMORPG with a fantasy focus and some pretty intense action-combat.  Check it out and then let us know what you think!

MMORPG: Thanks so much for talking to us today. I would like to start off by asking what aspects of TERA do you feel really differentiate it from current MMOs?

David: I think the combat system really differentiates TERA. ‘Real Action Combat’ changes all the game dynamics. There is much greater emphasis on the geometry of combat. Players must understand tactics and strategy. Simple ‘tank and spank’ won’t get the job done.

Read more of Melinda Haren's E3 2011 - An Interview with the Lead Writer.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

TERA is releasesd in Korea, just not the westernized version, so you really can't say it is not released.

• madnessman13madnessman13 Member UncommonPosts: 91

really intrested in tera i think it will be a great game definatly going to try it because it will be something new. not the same old tank and spank and the questing sounds good to.

madnessman

• Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633

That currency to pvp sounds really stupid and might cause me to not play this game.

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• HurricanePipHurricanePip Member Posts: 167

Hmm ... hasn't this game been out for a while in Korea?  Does the Korean version lack raids too?  Also, thought it was interesting that the person being interviewed admits there will be grinding involved.  That makes me sad.  I guess MMOs just don't appeal to me anymore.  Played one, played them all.

If you don't worry about it, it's not a problem.

• maxym189maxym189 Member UncommonPosts: 9

This game will be great i am very excited about it 

• virrevirre Member Posts: 68

Pay to pvp on the pvp server? Just give us a translated korean version because I guess this is just another westernized "feature"...

• GahnzoGahnzo Member UncommonPosts: 74

Originally posted by virre

Pay to pvp on the pvp server? Just give us a translated korean version because I guess this is just another westernized "feature"...

A similar feature exists in the K version as well. Im hoping that this only applys to areas that the "Lords" of the areas deem to be non-pvp areas. Where as another Vanarch would have a open pvp policy in his area, making the pay to pvp unnecessary. Would be nice, but I dont know.

• virrevirre Member Posts: 68

Originally posted by Gahnzo

Originally posted by virre

A similar feature exists in the K version as well. Im hoping that this only applys to areas that the "Lords" of the areas deem to be non-pvp areas. Where as another Vanarch would have a open pvp policy in his area, making the pay to pvp unnecessary. Would be nice, but I dont know.

Oh, well then I just have to wait and see how it turns out, I really have high hopes for this one. 

• TacoleoxTacoleox Member Posts: 1

I think this is a copy from Lineage2 Online. Nei! plop