Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Full on PvP?

nerrollusnerrollus Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 214

is Mortal a full on PvP with full loot and all kinds of burtal living like Darkfall?

I like regulated PvP like in battlegrounds in WoW and many other MMO's, but can't stand full on, open world PvP with full loot...  Is Mortal carebare friendly?

Comments

• ShabaleShabale Member UncommonPosts: 44

Definitly not carebear friendly, sorry to disapoint. It's a free-for-all-even-in-town gangfest.

• funkmastaDfunkmastaD Member UncommonPosts: 647

Well, you're relatively safe in towns if you stay on your toes and remember to call the guards.  But yeah, it is open pvp, full loot...  It's actually not as much a 'gankfest' as DF though, at least I haven't had nearly as big a problem in MO as I have in DF.  If you're truly curious and think you might enjoy a game that keeps you on your toes, there is a free trial... it's not uncommon for people to get a taste for a game with these mechanics even if they're not used to them.  Your mileage may vary, of course.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Originally posted by Shabale

Definitly not carebear friendly, sorry to disapoint. It's a free-for-all-even-in-town gangfest.

It is FFA with full loot PvP, but saying that it's a gankfest even in town is a ridiculous exaggeration.  There aren't any 100% safe zones, but the guarded towns are actually quite safe the vast majority of the time.

Additionally, the game isn't nearly as filled with gankers as some attempt to make it appear.  Of couse, this game does have them, but in my experience the game isn't simply filled with them.  You can actually leave town, see other people, and make it back to tell the tale (I do it all the time), which runs counter to the perception a few are trying to paint.  The consequences of being a murderer have been fairly effective at controlling rampant ganking.  Nothing will eliminate it, however, nor should they eliminate it.

The world of Nave is indeed dangerous, but it isn't really the sociopathic murderfest some imagine.  Most of the community is actually pretty good and helpful in-game.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• xXxDOYLExXxxXxDOYLExXx Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by Rohn

Originally posted by Shabale

It is FFA with full loot PvP, but saying that it's a gankfest even in town is a ridiculous exaggeration.  There aren't any 100% safe zones, but the guarded towns are actually quite safe the vast majority of the time.
    Additionally, the game isn't nearly as filled with gankers as some attempt to make it appear.  Of couse, this game does have them, but in my experience the game isn't simply filled with them.  You can actually leave town, see other people, and make it back to tell the tale (I do it all the time), which runs counter to the perception a few are trying to paint.  The consequences of being a murderer have been fairly effective at controlling rampant ganking.  Nothing will eliminate it, however, nor should they eliminate it.
    The world of Nave is indeed dangerous, but it isn't really the sociopathic murderfest some imagine.  Most of the community is actually pretty good and helpful in-game

You must have never played MO. Not saying it's nessessarily a bad thing, but the game is a gank/grief fest. But you just got to learn to deal with it. Saying it's not is simply lying to the poor folks.

• bambookbambook Member UncommonPosts: 180

i thought it was stated on this forum that this game will die and its a complete fail? why are we still even posting about it

• JarnaJarna Member Posts: 75

+1 to Rohn

The game is definetly NOT even close being a gank fest and claming so just proves that you haven't played it yourself.

Just watching any stream or trying free trial instantly proves you wrong.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

the difference between darkfall and mo is that darkfall is a pvp centric mmo and mo is aiming to be a sandbox mmo with pvp as one of its features.

It is quite possible in MO tp live out as an armourasmith, fisherman, butcher or cook and hardly see pvp. Its also quite possible to live as a gatherer, extractor, miner/lumberjacker/ tamer and see pvp because your income is determined by your willingness for exploration. But if you want to create a character for pvp or pve then you need to expect to die every so often in MO, learning the pvp hotspots in mo is crucial to avoidng unwanted pvp, well that and a fast horse :)

however venturing close to unguarded cities were reds frequent, or hanging aronud towns near unguarded cities and you will see plenty of pvp, but move away from these areas to the more relaxed and lest contested areas of the game and pvp suddenly becomes mroe of a rarity.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

Full on PvP, even when you don't know about it because the desync is an issue that keeps popping up.

It's on a free trial so have at it.

• BetelBetel Member Posts: 365

Try this link for just one of the many, many town ganks available - http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/63618-new-type-ganking-town.html . A situation caused by SV's inability to code and their ignorance of game system design.

Additionally, the game isn't nearly as filled with gankers as some attempt to make it appear.  Of couse, this game does have them, but in my experience the game isn't simply filled with them.  You can actually leave town, see other people, and make it back to tell the tale (I do it all the time), which runs counter to the perception a few are trying to paint. 

What is your character name and guild in MO? Just so we can test this theory of yours.

Reason being, everyone else on the official MO forums seems to think reds are everywhere as PvP is the only thing to do, and since SV can't code a guild or muder count system properly most people end up red.

The consequences of being a murderer have been fairly effective at controlling rampant ganking.  Nothing will eliminate it, however, nor should they eliminate it.

What consequences? 15 minutes restatting your character while you are afk?  What exactly are these consequences? And for gods sake don't say inability to go into town, that would only be a penalty on a single character server (and even then not to people with 2+ accounts)..

The world of Nave is indeed dangerous, but it isn't really the sociopathic murderfest some imagine.  Most of the community is actually pretty good and helpful in-game.

A quick scan of the official forums proves otherwise.

• iZakaroNiZakaroN Member UncommonPosts: 719

Originally posted by nerrollus

is Mortal a full on PvP with full loot and all kinds of burtal living like Darkfall?

I like regulated PvP like in battlegrounds in WoW and many other MMO's, but can't stand full on, open world PvP with full loot...  Is Mortal carebare friendly?

Depend what you understand carebear. The main difference in Full Loot MMOs is that such games give much stronger feelings, and because of that much stronger feeling of achievement.

Where themepark games try to hide that they are copying WOW, games like Mortal Online and Darkfall make no attempt to hide their inspiration
    ______\m/_____
    LordOfDarkDesire
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

Originally posted by Betel

Try this link for just one of the many, many town ganks available - http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/63618-new-type-ganking-town.html . A situation caused by SV's inability to code and their ignorance of game system design.

towns are still a safe palce and this is intentional, the fact is that if a group of people really want you dead in a town for whatever reasons then chances are they will probably be able to do it. But they still risk something and it is still perfectly possible with the right precautions to survive.  this is still a rare occurance and only ever seen happening between fueding guilds or those carrying alot of good items in their inventory afk.

Additionally, the game isn't nearly as filled with gankers as some attempt to make it appear.  Of couse, this game does have them, but in my experience the game isn't simply filled with them.  You can actually leave town, see other people, and make it back to tell the tale (I do it all the time), which runs counter to the perception a few are trying to paint. 

What is your character name and guild in MO? Just so we can test this theory of yours.

Whilst im not the person you are adressing this question to, i am in a red guild. However we find plenty of fights with those who arent red and who are simply defending the area they call theirs from our evil ways so im guessing not everyone is a murderer since majority of competative fights we engage in are not agaisnt other reds

Reason being, everyone else on the official MO forums seems to think reds are everywhere as PvP is the only thing to do, and since SV can't code a guild or muder count system properly most people end up red.

PVP isnt everywhere in MO, bakti and morin khur rarely see pvp, bakti moh-ki and vadda on occasion, but i spent months and i mean months farming mobs around bakti and got killed a total of 0 times. Granted that was around 5 months ago but it goes to show that it is quite possible to survive in MO, i regularly make trips from gk to other towns on my non pvp chars and have died a handful of times out of dozens and doezens of trips.

The consequences of being a murderer have been fairly effective at controlling rampant ganking.  Nothing will eliminate it, however, nor should they eliminate it.

What consequences? 15 minutes restatting your character while you are afk?  What exactly are these consequences? And for gods sake don't say inability to go into town, that would only be a penalty on a single character server (and even then not to people with 2+ accounts)..

Well now its 15 minutes restating, 5 minutes resting and eating. but yea this is an area that could be improved. the main difference here tohguh is reds work well together but solo murderers find it very difficult in mo. Its certainly not the pvp centric game that darkfall is. There are still players who play mo and dont even have combat characters.

A quick scan of the official forums proves otherwise.

people are actually quite helpful in game as a whole, i mean only today i was on the ingame help channel talking to noobs whislt i ran my crafter to gk helpnig them out and talking with them, was having so much fun i almost auto ran straight into a wolf spawn. Also new players will find that alot of veteran players will gladly donate worn equipment and even coins to them if they ask nicely. It happens regularly and i give out equipment regularly and so do a few other members of aq even thoguh we are a pk guild.

but the truth is no this game is not like wows battlegrounds pvp wise, everyone is likely to die at some ponit to someone, but the fact that there are solo tamers and crafters who do not partake in pvp and players who mine who do not partake in pvp it is certainly possible to live in the world of mo without focusing on it.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• nerrollusnerrollus Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 214

Thanks for all the replies guys.  I don't think I'm going to even bother wasting the bandwidth to try it.  I really enjoy voluntary PvP (WoW/WAR style battle grounds or designated areas for PvP).  I can even sort of get into full PvP so long as there's seiges and stuff so long as the result of a death is somewhat meaningless.  However,  I'd rather have a penis tattooed on my forehead than endure another full loot PvP game where a couple ganks can cripple you.  :)

Originally posted by deathshroud

Forum ate original post so you get the condensed version :)

towns are still a safe palce and this is intentional, the fact is that if a group of people really want you dead in a town for whatever reasons then chances are they will probably be able to do it. But they still risk something and it is still perfectly possible with the right precautions to survive.  this is still a rare occurance and only ever seen happening between fueding guilds or those carrying alot of good items in their inventory afk.

I linked you an example above and it had nothing to do with guilds or AFK's, and had no risk as it could be done naked.

Whilst im not the person you are adressing this question to, i am in a red guild. However we find plenty of fights with those who arent red and who are simply defending the area they call theirs from our evil ways so im guessing not everyone is a murderer since majority of competative fights we engage in are not agaisnt other reds

I could turn people red in minutes. Could be jumping in front of your MOB and getting a friend to kill me, having to kill a blue healer of a red, or by virtue of the messed up guild mechanics.

PVP isnt everywhere in MO, bakti and morin khur rarely see pvp, bakti moh-ki and vadda on occasion, but i spent months and i mean months farming mobs around bakti and got killed a total of 0 times. Granted that was around 5 months ago but it goes to show that it is quite possible to survive in MO, i regularly make trips from gk to other towns on my non pvp chars and have died a handful of times out of dozens and doezens of trips.

Bakti has tons of PvP and griefing due to SPAR, and people go where the action is.

Since there are so few people playing MO, that means you could walk from one side of Nave to the other and not see a red, or a blue or many MOBs come to that. That is not something you should be bragging about as you try to sell the game. However, my point is that where people are there will be mostly PvP and griefing as there is little else to do.

Well now its 15 minutes restating, 5 minutes resting and eating. but yea this is an area that could be improved. the main difference here tohguh is reds work well together but solo murderers find it very difficult in mo. Its certainly not the pvp centric game that darkfall is. There are still players who play mo and dont even have combat characters.

The solo crafters didn't have time for other characters, they were too busy /yelling in town as there are no trade tools. Then most, if not all, left the game.

If MO is not PVP centric, why are there constant posts on the official forum from people claiming there is nothing to do but PVP, make new gear to PVP in if you lose, repeat ad nauseam. If your reply is along the lines of "but you can spend all your time fishing!", then why don't I just play a proper fishing simulator instead of paying a monthly fee to play a poor one?

people are actually quite helpful in game as a whole, i mean only today i was on the ingame help channel talking to noobs whislt i ran my crafter to gk helpnig them out and talking with them, was having so much fun i almost auto ran straight into a wolf spawn.

What does "helpful" in a chat channel have to do with killing and griefing people?

but the truth is no this game is not like wows battlegrounds pvp wise,

I agree, it's more like a poor Unreal Tournament or Quake Arena, which is not surprising since the only experience SV has is with making mods for Unreal.

everyone is likely to die at some ponit to someone, but the fact that there are solo tamers and crafters who do not partake in pvp and players who mine who do not partake in pvp it is certainly possible to live in the world of mo without focusing on it.

Solo crafters left long ago, only guild crafters remain as it is just not a viable game style. Maybe if SV learn to code some trading tools the solo trader will return, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

I could turn people red in minutes. Could be jumping in front of your MOB and getting a friend to kill me, having to kill a blue healer of a red, or by virtue of the messed up guild mechanics.

In theory, yes.  In practice,it's a lot harder than you make it out to be.  To turn someone red you would have to jump in front of their PVE fight, die, run to a healer, find that person again, rinse and repeat for 4 more cycles. I can't say I've tried out the blue healer thing, but healing a someone who is flagged as a murder makes the healer "global allowed" (i.e. unable to report a murder) If your playstyle involved trying to turn other players red, it's no wonder you didn't like the game.  

Bakti has tons of PvP and griefing due to SPAR, and people go where the action is.

Since there are so few people playing MO, that means you could walk from one side of Nave to the other and not see a red, or a blue or many MOBs come to that. That is not something you should be bragging about as you try to sell the game. However, my point is that where people are there will be mostly PvP and griefing as there is little else to do.

Seems the 2 underlined sections are mutually exclusive. Sounds like your trying to have it both ways (i,e, claiming the game is empty AND it's full of griefers.)

• ltankltank Member UncommonPosts: 293

Originally posted by osmunda

In theory, yes.  In practice,it's a lot harder than you make it out to be.  To turn someone red you would have to jump in front of their PVE fight, die, run to a healer, find that person again, rinse and repeat for 4 more cycles. I can't say I've tried out the blue healer thing, but healing a someone who is flagged as a murder makes the healer "global allowed" (i.e. unable to report a murder) If your playstyle involved trying to turn other players red, it's no wonder you didn't like the game.  

Since there are so few people playing MO, that means you could walk from one side of Nave to the other and not see a red, or a blue or many MOBs come to that. That is not something you should be bragging about as you try to sell the game. However, my point is that where people are there will be mostly PvP and griefing as there is little else to do.

Seems the 2 underlined sections are mutually exclusive. Sounds like your trying to have it both ways (i,e, claiming the game is empty AND it's full of griefers.)

/slow clap

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

Why would you say that?  There could be 25 people on the server but "Bakti has tons of PvP" could still be an accurate statement if they were all in Bakti.  The problem is that you selectively highlighted only a portion of his statement and left out the point that he was specifically referring to one town because "people go where the action is"

Anyhow.. OP I think the bottom line is that this game will not appeal to you from what I have read in your post.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Why would you say that?  There could be 25 people on the server but "Bakti has tons of PvP" could still be an accurate statement if they were all in Bakti.  The problem is that you selectively highlighted only a portion of his statement and left out the point that he was specifically referring to one town because "people go where the action is"

Anyhow.. OP I think the bottom line is that this game will not appeal to you from what I have read in your post.

It could mean that, if one doesn't mind not only stretching the limits of plausibility, but ripping it apart.  LOL.

Now we know what happens when two conflicting lines of negative propaganda collide - and the incredible mental gymnastics required to make it sound plausible again.

Which is it: the game is completely empty, OR, it's filled with PKs?  Go hours without seeing another soul, OR, get ganked instantaneously when leaving town (or upon logging in even in town, to hear some tell it) by the masses of gankers.

The OP has already stated that this probably isn't the game for him.  Which is fine, and has nothing to do with being a "carebear", or any such garbage.  He/she simply knows what kind of game he/she likes, which is nothing more than maturity in game selection.  The amusing part is when people try to have it both ways with mutually exclusive lines of negativity while trying to mislead the OP's honest line of questioning.

It could mean that, if one doesn't mind not only stretching the limits of plausibility, but ripping it apart.  LOL.

This is the type of dishonesty bred from perception management in pursuit of the Crusade.  Now we know what happens when two conflicting lines of negative propaganda collide - and the incredible mental gymnastics required to make it sound plausible again.

Which is it: the game is completely empty, OR, it's filled with PKs?  Go hours without seeing another soul, OR, get ganked instantaneously when leaving town (or upon logging in even in town, to hear some tell it) by the masses of gankers.

The OP has already stated that this probably isn't the game for him.  Which is fine, and has nothing to do with being a "carebear", or any such garbage.  He/she simply knows what kind of game he/she likes, which is nothing more than maturity in game selection.  The amusing part is when people try to have it both ways with mutually exclusive lines of negativity while trying to mislead the OP's honest line of questioning.

If you read his full statement in context instead of trying to cut pieces and stitch them together to create a tale, it makes perfect sense.  He was saying the world is pretty empty and most people go where the action is so Bakti has a lot of griefing (not living in Bakti I have no idea what type of griefing may exist there).  Even diehard fans of the game will admit that there are a couple of cities with players.  Bakti and Meduli are chief among those, but the populations of other areas is quite low, particularly at certain times of day.  This however is NOT a population thread, but rather one where the OP asked about the type of PvP.  I believe his question has been answered, so let's lay off on the insinuations about other posters and simply move on.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

This is the type of dishonesty bred from perception management in pursuit of the Crusade.  Now we know what happens when two conflicting lines of negative propaganda collide - and the incredible mental gymnastics required to make it sound plausible again.

If you read his full statement in context instead of trying to cut pieces and stitch them together to create a tale, it makes perfect sense.  He was saying the world is pretty empty and most people go where the action is so Bakti has a lot of griefing (not living in Bakti I have no idea what type of griefing may exist there).  Even diehard fans of the game will admit that there are a couple of cities with players.  Bakti and Meduli are chief among those, but the populations of other areas is quite low, particularly at certain times of day.  This however is NOT a population thread, but rather one where the OP asked about the type of PvP.  I believe his question has been answered, so let's lay off on the insinuations about other posters and simply move on.

While it's not exactly a population thread (though pop does have some bearing on PvP), it's still amazing how critics wish to get their digs in about population in an attempt to pile on as much negativity as possible in every thread before changing the subject back to the OP.  It's even more amazing when the digs contradict themselves, as is the case here.

Oddly enough, there are more than just a couple of towns with decent population, especially over recent weeks.  No one is claiming WoW numbers, but the population is certainly adequate for playing the game in many areas.  Given that population, PvP does certainly exist - many links in this thread attest to that.  The picture they don't paint, however, is how much PvP occurs generally by frequency and area, nor does it account for perception.  One man's "gankfest" is another man's "snorefest", I'd imagine.

Again, it's my opinion that MO is not a pure gankfest, which is based on my experience playing the game.  Opinions will vary, however, as evidenced in this thread.

Not at all. It means exactly what Slapshot said - the population is low and congregates where the action. At the moment that appears to be Bakti in response to SPAR trolling, leaving other areas deserted and devoid of PvP. The serrver could have 100 people on it, and 75 of those are fighting around Bakti for eg.

Now we know what happens when two conflicting lines of negative propaganda collide - and the incredible mental gymnastics required to make it sound plausible again.

Nothing I said conflicts with anything else, the population is low and Bakti is currently where many of that low population congregate to PvP. What is the conflict?

Which is it: the game is completely empty, OR, it's filled with PKs? 

Where did I say the game was completely empty? Low population does not equal completely empty. I also stated that the large population of reds is due to the lack of anything to do but PvP, and broken mechanics will inevitably lead you to going red in PvP. Those reds then congregate where the action is.

Go hours without seeing another soul, OR, get ganked instantaneously when leaving town (or upon logging in even in town, to hear some tell it) by the masses of gankers.

Travelling in the wilderness or leaving town away from the current PvP hotspot means going for hours without seeing anyone, and many new players have posted about this very topic. The towns themselves have gank and griefing squads as noted by the post I linked and other posts on the official forums, as they have zero risk for their reward and can use a totally newbie character.

Think of it as a Deathmatch Arena. People gather where the action is on the map or spawn camp each other. Funny how the similarities with Quake Arena just keep on piling up there :)

The amusing part is when people try to have it both ways with mutually exclusive lines of negativity while trying to mislead the OP's honest line of questioning.

My post was entirely consistent and in no way mutually exclusive.

I find the amusing part is when you resort to wilful denial and misrepresentation as the only defence of your product. Anyone reading this thread will know exactly what my post addressed, and will also find your post rather humourous and a little tragic.

Also, in regards to your last post, the population of MO is not increasing and has been at best static for months. SV's own financial reports state this quite clearly. Therefore the game is no more populated than it has been since launch, and all the above still applies. So the "especially recently" remark is an outright lie and attempt to portray the population as rising.

I look forward to you calling SV a bunch of MO hating trolls for saying the population is low btw :)

Running to a healer is no problem, they are all over the map and especially near towns. Finding somone again is not difficult either. MOBs spawn in specific spots and, since they have no AI, never wander from that spot, That means I just run back to whatever spot they were at, and then on to the next nearest one if they try and move on.

Unless it was fixed in Dawn, you can blue heal and it gives you no flag. Can you point me to a patch note saying it was fixed? It does not make you globally allowed if you are smart and know the system.

My playstyle had nothing to do with making people go red, but within 10 minutes of playing the game I could see numerous ways of doing so using SV's silly design decisions or inability to code.

The number of exploits like this that SV is unable to fix is one of the main reasons I left the game.

As a postscript to Rohn's attempt to evade the point, here is a post on the official forums from deathshroud, who is obviously just spreading negative propaganda -

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/64050-anyone-notice-big-population-spike.html#post1174139

"not really, out in the wilderness its still empty, peopel still crowding in the guard zones."

So Rohn, is deathshroud just a negative nancy who lies to make the game look bad, as you claim of me when I said exactly the same thing?

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

@ Betel: 

Interesting thread...

Starts of with the OP noting a population explosion recently and asking others if they have noticed a recent increase in population. Out of 15 responses: 10 agree that in town there has been a significant increase in population in cities; one person saying they are noticing alot of new faces,  but not much change in population; one response noting that outside town there has not been a significant change in population (the one you posted) ; two responses considering how to shift population out of cities; and one response noting someone elses time zone.

So... basically it boils down to ... people tend to congregate in population centers/safe areas, except for reds who tend to congregate on population centers that are not safe (Kranesh and Gual'Kor),

This is not a problem in any way unique to Mortal online.  Felucca became a empty wasteland soon after trammel was introduced (despite many people already having houses there).  The highest population in EVE is higher security areas. Eve addresses the issue by having better ore in lower security and by having a gradual decrease in security levels. MO does need to work more on having a gradation of safe vs. wild (e.g. wandering guards).  However, that is a tough nut to crack and hardly unique to MO.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like safe and wild zoning now. I really, really didn't. I have never seen an arena embedded in an otherwise safe game that was at all popular after three months, and the boundary conditions are truly a pain in the ass to deal with, leading to tons of exploits and problems. On top of that, safe zones tend to be way the heck more profitable for everyone including the people who really ought to be playing in the danger zones, so the danger zones tend to tank, just like separate PvP servers do.-- Raph Koster   http://www.raphkoster.com/gaming/postmortem.shtml

@ Betel: 

Interesting thread...

Starts of with the OP noting a population explosion recently and asking others if they have noticed a recent increase in population.  

Population "explosion" is going to be subjective I suppose.. as going from 200 to 400 players is a huge jump but would still be reflective of a tiny population by most standards.   Remember, we have seen the exact same claims previously after major events like the EPIC Patches or the Free Trials.   StarVaults own financial documents and statements later proved that there was either no true population "explosion" or that it was driven by trial accounts that did not sub.   To me, the most interesting post is the one from Raknar found here: http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/64050-anyone-notice-big-population-spike.html#post1174224  In his post he talks about the numbers of players he saw in and out of towns over a two day span where he travelled all around Nave showing his brother the world and the various towns.  By his numbers he saw a total of 2 other players outside of town in two days.  And that was two days spent travelling around the world!   His numbers for the towns are equally bleak with several listed as single digits.  Yes, he describes this as a population increase, but when taken in context of how low the baseline was, it doesn't mean much.

So what does this mean for PvP?  Obviously.. PvP is going to congregate where the action is.  As you describe there is the red town.. and then other than that the PvPers will just sit outside a blue town waiting for a target.   Raknar also has a great thread about the economy (or lack of) in Mortal Online found here: http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/64084-moconomics-analyzing-evolution-economy-nave.html  He cites the butchery skill in particular as a reason for the dramatic decrease in PvP.  It's an interesting case he makes...

• ltankltank Member UncommonPosts: 293

I love how you pick out Raknars post when his posting time seems to point to him playing Aussie hours which obviously would be the lowest pop time of the server. Loooooove that context!