Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

£63 for a years subscription.

tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Nice.

Special Summer Subscription Plans.

During the month of July, RIFT is offering special Summer of Savings subscriptions, including a new annual option. Take advantage of the summer bargains and save up to 40% on your subscription while you join your friends in rift-ravaged Telara!

http://uk.riftgame.com/en/products/subscriptions.php

3 months - £21.87

6 months - £37.74

Will no doubt be cheaper for you US folk though. :(

Comments

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

Trion's marketing guys are obviously very busy, it's almost like there's not a week passing by without again another price drop.

While everybody loves discount on games, they are really starting to look desperate and since their prices have already hit the bottom, i wonder what they'll come up with next.

You can only lower a price so far until you cross the line between offering a bargain and running a total sell-out. Trion almost seems to be on route for the later.

• ormstungaormstunga Member Posts: 736

Could be a smart move, realizing sub numbers drop during summer. Rift marketing has idd been extremely active, going out of their way to get as many as possible to try the game. They know they have a good product, the more ppl that sees it the better ofc.

edit: that deal is extremely cheap per month

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Originally posted by ormstunga
    Could be a smart move, realizing sub numbers drop during summer.
    It's the ONLY play right now, RIFT has no choice really.

All the older games with far more content are either already discounted as regular price, doing sales or going (or are already) F2P.

RIFT would have been the only game 'regular price' and while it's newer, it doesn't give the player much more value against anything else if someone hadn't played either game. (RIFT vs anything else)

The recent AoC F2P move might be a big player vs RIFT based on all the new content they put in and got a lot of those old launch day bugs out. I see a lot of people giving AoC a go again with the trial because it wasn't clean at launch, but now has had time to mature.

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

I dont think its desperate I think its a very clever marketing move and they have always played with their price plans

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

Originally posted by Wicoa

I dont think its desperate I think its a very clever marketing move and they have always played with their price plans

I tend to think the same. I have to admit Trion team impresses me, a lot.

• IngeKyIngeKy Member Posts: 47

I'm eyeballing the 3 month sub.

Playing a year of Rift isn't going to happen for me. Once Guild Wars 2 is released, I'm out.

Good alternative though. :-)

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641

Originally posted by popinjay

Originally posted by ormstunga

Could be a smart move, realizing sub numbers drop during summer.

It's the ONLY play right now, RIFT has no choice really.

All the older games with far more content are either already discounted as regular price, doing sales or going (or are already) F2P.

RIFT would have been the only game 'regular price' and while it's newer, it doesn't give the player much more value against anything else if someone hadn't played either game. (RIFT vs anything else)

The recent AoC F2P move might be a big player vs RIFT based on all the new content they put in and got a lot of those old launch day bugs out. I see a lot of people giving AoC a go again with the trial because it wasn't clean at launch, but now has had time to mature.

I'm with Poppinjay,

I feel Trions hand is being forced here as many other games go Freemium their offering, Rift that is, is looking less and less attractive to potential new customers and with other p2p games like Aion/WoW having vastly more content and progression the only thing to do is offer a great saving incentive to attract new players.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.