Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What would it take to get you to try/(return to) Alganon?

FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898

It would take the following to get me to give the game a real chance:

1) I would definitely give the game an honest try if they dropped the free trial mentality regarding leveling.  Let everyone reach max level.  I can't judge a game until I've reached the max level, and so I'm not going to bother spending time leveling to 30.  Other F2P games have shown how to handle this, learn from them.  Endgame is where the money is at.

2) Great reviews on the expac and have decent population sizes.  Merge the servers as you should have done a VERY long time ago.

Comments

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

Other developers making a good game and naming it Alganon.

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Change the name, it is a horrid horrid name. Is it the continent name or something? Its like saying are you playing Tyria (GW) or Azeroth (is that how you spell it? Never played WoW).

Catchy name is the first step to success, theres a book on it.

And if a game doesn't offer anything different from WoW, why would I want to try it? WoW has already done it.

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• ArEfArEf Member Posts: 233

Originally posted by xKingdomx

Change the name, it is a horrid horrid name. Is it the continent name or something? Its like saying are you playing Tyria (GW) or Azeroth (is that how you spell it? Never played WoW).

And if a game doesn't offer anything different from WoW, why would I want to try it? WoW has already done it.

What else are they going to name it? WoWClone#34125?

Add me on Steam!

RawrfulCast - My YouTube Channel
    Me and a Friend are Bad At Games :(

Originally posted by ArEf

What else are they going to name it? WoWClone#34125?

At least it truly reflect what the game is. :P image

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

Never played WoW? Right on your profile page it says "Have played: World of Warcraft". If you've never played WoW, then the game would offer you something new. Claiming to never have played WoW isn't some status symbol. It's a great game and if you haven't played it (which I somewhat doubt, personally) give it a go, you'll learn a lot from it.

What would get me to try Alganon? The name is silly and the game is populationless. Also, the developer that likes to argue on these forums. If that was fixed, sure I'd give it a shot.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• rwmillerrwmiller Member Posts: 472

Well I read a post from Derek Smart and he seemed interesting enough to give the game a try so I downloaded it and have created a character. So far it is fine though as has been stated nothing earth shattering but it is good enough for me to continue and I will see how it develops. One feature I like was the studies which are time based much like the Eve Online training is so I will be interested in seeing how that works out.

I am not fussed one way or another about any similiarties towards other games as long as the game doesn't crash and is reasonably fun to play. So far Alganon is fine.

• ZoulzZoulz Member Posts: 477

I have tried it, but I see no point in playing it over wow.

• rwmillerrwmiller Member Posts: 472

WoW is certainly a better written game and very well polished but for me after having played it for so long the combination of boredom, repitition of expansions and Blizzard turning a blind eye to all the botters I just can't be bothered with WoW any more.

Having said that it looks like maybe I spoke to soon about this game as the server has just gone down so I am likely to have completely forgotten about it by the time it comes back up (if it does).

Originally posted by Benthon

Never played WoW? Right on your profile page it says "Have played: World of Warcraft". If you've never played WoW, then the game would offer you something new. Claiming to never have played WoW isn't some status symbol. It's a great game and if you haven't played it (which I somewhat doubt, personally) give it a go, you'll learn a lot from it.

What would get me to try Alganon? The name is silly and the game is populationless. Also, the developer that likes to argue on these forums. If that was fixed, sure I'd give it a shot.

I'd play the 10 day trial for 2 days....... lol

well if you want me to say I've played WoW, whatever I did play WoW, no idea why I would even need to lie to anyone about me playing WoW lol.

• pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561

I'd play Alganon again if they ever started an EU server and allowed me free character transfer!

Also i'd like to see more Guild features

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

I would try/play it if the company paid me.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

I would try it if they would fix the issue with the inability to detect pixel shader 2.0 or whatever on a graphics card that is capable of pixel shader 2.0

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• strangerdangstrangerdang Member Posts: 233

Skill based sandbox mechanics

Some "out the box" thinking in terms of systems and mechanics.

None of which are going to happen.  Im all themeparked out, going to take a miricle to ever get me interested in raid grind/gear grind and boring detached crafting again.

Plus i havent forgotten about the zero player base and obnoxious rubberbanding and mob location issues that made the game not fun.

• DyrttDyrtt Member Posts: 422

I think I did try it once but couldn't get the client to work for some reason.  I didn't really care enough to figure out what was wrong so I didn't bother.  Seems kinda generic to me.   

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

An act of GOD... 

But seriously, nothing they could do would make me want to give it another try. Alganon had its chance and failed to attract my attention.

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

Maybe if they had an in-game petition system where you could send troll mails directly to Battlecruiser Boy, and his hilarious overcompensating responses would be broadcast in a global channel, then it would be entertaining enough to at least chat in.

• TalRashaTalRasha Member UncommonPosts: 827

Originally posted by FrodoFragins

Cancellation of Diablo3, GuildWars2, Torchlight2 and the closing of the WoW servers and all other f2p (trial) games becomming p2p.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898

Originally posted by TalRasha

Cancellation of Diablo3, GuildWars2, Torchlight2 and the closing of the WoW servers and all other f2p (trial) games becomming p2p.

So you're saying there's a chance.  I'm sure Beaver Bandit will be glad to hear that.

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

I dont think there is anything they can do to make me try it. Well, maybe paying me then I will.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Originally posted by alakram

I dont think there is anything they can do to make me try it. Well, maybe paying me then I will.

Agreed.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• GreenKnight1776GreenKnight1776 Member Posts: 57

Ouch that's harsh. Wait, that's what I was going to say...

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

This forum is pretty much dead too.

• sevitothsevitoth Member UncommonPosts: 375

Not even then....

Currently Playing: DAOC Uthgard

Previously Played: UO, DAOC, Shadowbane, AC2, SWG, Horizons, COX, WOW, EQ2, LOTRO, AOC, WAR, Vanguard, Rift, SWTOR, ESO, GW2.

• TalRashaTalRasha Member UncommonPosts: 827

Originally posted by sevitoth

Not even then....

You just don't want to give it a chance. :p

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Played the beta. While Alganon is all in all no horrible game, I don't think any change to the game could make me try it again. If I got tired by WoW, why should I play a game that tries to be WoW and is worse?

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

This discussion has been closed.