Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Are Some Decent RPGs Out For Xbox 360 Atm?

FuryVFuryV Member UncommonPosts: 515

I'm hoping you guys can help me out. I'm looking for a decent RPG for Xbox 360. The problem is, I'm not sure what to get. The following is a list of RPGs I've already played:

Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Fable 1/2/3

Fallout 3

Bioshock 1 & 2

Dead Space 1

Can you recommend any decent RPGs which are out at the moment and quite popular? I'd prefer to play more popular RPGs to be honest, as then I know the game has some credibility behind it. I'm looking for an RPG which will provide a good amount of lastability aswell, either with gameplay hours or added downloadable content etc. It's nice to play a game knowing that it's most likely going to have added DLC in the future.

I was thinking perhaps about trying Mass Effect seeing as the 3rd has been anounced, but I've never even completed the first, and I'm not sure if I'd like it or not tbh. I love RPGs where you can constantly upgrade yourself along with your armour, weapons, etc & also be able to find weapons & armour from enemies or in special locations etc.

I was also curious about picking up Dragon Age, but then again, that's another game I'd have to play right from the start, as I haven't even played the first one yet. I don't really like buying sequels to games when I haven't played the first one, so if I was to pick any game with a sequel, then I'd need to play the first aswell, but then again I'm not sure if it'd be worth it or not considering Mass Effect 1 & Dragon Age 1 have been out for quite some time now.

There's also Fallout: New Vegas I could try, but that seemed to be really popular when it first came out and then it just seemed like people lost interest all of a sudden for some reason, so again, I'm not sure about that either. I could get Dead Space 2, but I wasn't sure if it'd really be a good time sink, as it's not really an RPG as such. If it's only several hours worth of gameplay before it becomes useless, then I'd rather get something else tbh.

Obviously when Skyrim is released I'll be playing that constantly, but this will be to just pass some time until it comes out & perhaps get up to date with sequels etc coming out.

Anyway, what do you guys suggest? I'm open for any suggestions, including games I've not mentioned here, if you feel I'd enjoy them.

Thanks.

Comments

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Mass Effect 1, 2, the 3 Assassin's Creed, Red Dead Redemption, Dragon Age 1 and 2.

• FuryVFuryV Member UncommonPosts: 515

Thank you.  Do you feel it's definitely worth playing the first Mass Effect, even considering it's age now?

• Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558

Originally posted by FuryV

Thank you.  Do you feel it's definitely worth playing the first Mass Effect, even considering it's age now?

Mass Effect 1 is more RPG, less shooter: it thas everything you described (constantly upgrading weapons and armors, etc.).

Mass Effect 2 is less RPG, more shooter: they streamlined the shooter aspects so it's "smoother" but removed any real inventory management and the like.

There's more changes than that, but it's been discussed to death. Generally, I find ME1 more immersive and ME2 more theatrical and more action-y. Both are good, solid games however.

Come to think of it, I find I feel the same when looking at the DA series.

Origins is slower and more old school; DA2 is faster and more about getting to the action.

Some will tell you DA2 is a damn good RPG, others will tell you it's an abomination and was nothing more than a quick cash grab. I fall in the latter, but the game tends leave players in one of the extremes and is just one of those games where you don't know until you try it (try the demo first, however, if you're still able to).

EDIT: Wanted to add my thoughts on Dead Space.

Dead Space is a pretty good horror series. The first one is more survival/horror and the second is more action/horror. There really aren't any RPG features to it at all except inventory management. You can upgrade your weapons and gear with power nodes (just some +damage, +speed, etc) to a limited extent - and you can buy different weapons and armor - but you aren't constantly swapping out or upgrading equipment (the different weapons are more about their use and if you like them for your playstyle).

They aren't very long games either. My first playthrough of Dead Space 1 only took me about 14 hours and Dead Space 2 only about 12.

If you're only looking to specifically play RPGs, I would not recommend them. However, in general, I would recommend at least one playthrough of each because - while they do get repetitive after a while - they are still solid and fun games (if you're into space horrors and the like).

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Definately check out Mass Effect 1 & 2 and Dragon Age 1 & 2.   Also Dungeon Siege 3.

Others i have enjoyed have been:

• Final Fantasy 13

• Lost Odyssey

• Star Ocean: The Last Hope

• The Last Remnant

• Infinite Undiscovery
  • CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Tales series since no one else mentioned them.  I love the tales series! @_@

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• secretoasissecretoasis Member Posts: 30

Well I just bought one today called Divinity II: Ego Draconis.  So far, it seems entertaining enough. Honestly, I think it got some pretty low reviews. It's fairly cheap though, so you could check it out. 

One that I would definitlely recommend, although I haven't played is, The Witcher 2.  It doesn't come out till January though, but I hear it is supposed to be pretty damn good. 

• bladedancerbladedancer Member UncommonPosts: 40

I highly recommend Mass Effect 1, it's one of the best RPG's I've played, EVER!

Peter Griffin: you know those germans, if you dont join the party, they?ll come get ya