Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 Preview Special - The MMO Report

ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Our man Casey did an awesome job with ArenaNet. Check it out! :)

Link: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/714117/guild-wars-2-preview-special-the-mmo-report/

Comments

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

Unfortunately, he didn't say anything like 'Eat my shorts Bioware', so this thread will be relatively dead compared to the other one with him in it.

... or maybe that's fortunately.

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Asura Guardian animations, love it.

• AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611

Originally posted by DJJazzy

Asura Guardian animations, love it.

Looked so cool lol, swinging the sword so hard he was floating.....

Any other Asura gameplay footage?

Uhh... what?

• IronfungusIronfungus Member Posts: 519

I think I'm going to force myself into a coma until Guild Wars 2 arrives so I don't have to endure anymore torture.

• Hendo0069Hendo0069 Member Posts: 213

Originally posted by ironfungus

I think I'm going to force myself into a coma until Guild Wars 2 arrives so I don't have to endure anymore torture.

Go ahead I'll wake you up ina year or so when it's finally released.

Originally posted by Hendo0069

Originally posted by ironfungus

Go ahead I'll wake you up ina year or so when it's finally released.

Don't tease me. 

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

Originally posted by Meowhead

Unfortunately, he didn't say anything like 'Eat my shorts Bioware', so this thread will be relatively dead compared to the other one with him in it.

... or maybe that's fortunately.

Heh, definitely fortunately.

This is not a game.

• RageaholRageahol Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

I just love how at some point Casey can not help but smile, like when he is talking the Jeff Grub, but hell I have talked to him and felt the same thing

O and at 13:45 first look of their real character creation? 

• yevgeniiyevgenii Member Posts: 34

I'm in a stupor.. Every day I change my decision on what game I will play - GW2 or TOR, and no I can't do both because I only focus on one MMO at a time.. Really need to decide :P

• VaultFairyVaultFairy Member UncommonPosts: 566

Can't wait, and no more rushing through a game. I am definatly going to be reading every single thing this game has to offer. Looking forward to reading the lore in the game and i don't want to a miss a thing.

• TyrxzTyrxz Member Posts: 329

Gah! Love their new HQ! RAWR! 

scribble scribble scribble

• DameonkDameonk Member UncommonPosts: 1,914

Ugh... I dumbly looked at some of the comments to this video on G4. 

Big mistake, I feel like I now need to read some classic literature just to regain a few of the IQ points I lost.

Anyway, the video's a good recap of what we already knew.  I was really hoping for more gameplay footage.

"There is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer."

• Dream_ChaserDream_Chaser Member Posts: 1,043

I cannot stop staring at Colin's hair. How much hair gel did he use?

I could barely concentrate on the video because of it.

It's like his hair has been rendered in the Unreal Engine.

Why, Colin?

That said... @_@

The stuff about how they worked in the Kodan via their iterative process was very, very interesting. I quite enjoyed that. Thanks for linking it.

Still... Colin... less hair gel.

(Oh, and since Meowhead wanted to bring SWTOR into this so badly, I couldn't help but notice that they staged a shot showing a warzone of felled Star Wars toys. You trying to tell us something, ANet? There, that's that covered!)

• DarthMechDarthMech Member UncommonPosts: 40

is this game instanced like the first? you had too look for the instance or more like channel with people in it. if so i'll pass!!!!

Originally posted by Dream_Chaser

I cannot stop staring at Colin's hair. How much hair gel did he use?

Maybe he was just really sweaty and tense.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Originally posted by DarthMech

is this game instanced like the first? you had too look for the instance or more like channel with people in it. if so i'll pass!!!!

No its not. There are some things which are instanced like the dungeons and Personal Story missions, but the majority of gameplay will be open world and filled with dynamic events.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Here's to salivating for the release date of a fine MMO; GW2. :)

Casey provides a good program, and an inside peek like this is always nice to see.  I smile, cautiously, every time I see or hear about the GW2 open-world dynamic events game-play that really seems to encourage open-world massively multiplayer.

And thinking of experiencing D&D campaigning in dungeons instead of linear ad nauseum Raids, sounds good to me.

Not to mention the preservation of their business model; earning their money by making new content.

All good.  Really looking forward to GW2.

• TrenkerTrenker Member Posts: 88

Very well produced vid.

• DarthMechDarthMech Member UncommonPosts: 40

ah thx with the more open world feel i may have to give it another look. i liked gw1 just fine as fare as the game play hmmm!!

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

iam surprised mmo report didnt ask question for gw one bridging content since i ear it start very soon if it hasnt already started

(in 3 or more act if i recall correctly)