Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Myth minions now a massive grind.

So the other day Myth minions which are basically the only form of endgame progression in G&H were taken from a low 2g to very high 25g grind.

It took me a week to get from levels 1-22 and in that timespan i was able to accumulate about 4g total. At 30 Gold may come a little bit faster but not much considering the only way to make money is to sell drops from enemies as there is no crafting or economy to speak of.

So now these myth minions which are a marginal upgrade at best regardless of what heatwave says are a month long grind for even ONE of them.

Comments

• ClywdClywd Member UncommonPosts: 261

Originally posted by CzechGuy

So the other day Myth minions which are basically the only form of endgame progression in G&H were taken from a low 2g to very high 25g grind.

It took me a week to get from levels 1-22 and in that timespan i was able to accumulate about 4g total. At 30 Gold may come a little bit faster but not much considering the only way to make money is to sell drops from enemies as there is no crafting or economy to speak of.

So now these myth minions which are a marginal upgrade at best regardless of what heatwave says are a month long grind for even ONE of them.

This is great news! I really like to have longterm goals in a game. Especially if it does not involve solo-questing :)

Currently playing: EverQuest
    Waiting for Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

You woulda been done in a month if they hadn't changed it...then what would you have to do? They gotta hook people up to the treadmills some how!

• MetzoniusMetzonius Member CommonPosts: 5

Originally posted by CzechGuy

Hey CzechGuy,

As one would imagine this conversation came up immediately on our forums once the change had been made and our Lead Designer, Mars had this to say.

I think its pretty clear that we made a mistake when the mythical minions went in at 2G. These guys are intended to be relatively exclusive, special minions that stand out from the humanoid minions. Being as cheap as they were, they had no panache and owning them was relatively meaningless. Not only is this a problem for our distribution partners, but we even saw some complaints from players that the low price of these minions belittled all the other minions in the game.

We expect everyone to eventually collect all these minions, but they do need to be a bit harder to get than they were. Its very possible 25G is too a high a price and it'll have to come down, we'll keep on eye on it. We had to move decisively to stem the flow of these minions into the game world before launch so this new price was chosen rather hastily. We are also working on the costs associated with upgrading minion gear, which should make players a bit wealthier and we're trying to factor that into the math as well.

We certainly weren't trying to pull a fast one on anyone, we simply had to make an adjustment for the benefit of the game. I apologize for the change in price having a negative effect on anyone's experience in game.     

We are looking into other pricing options and it is very possible we will reduce the price but I felt that it was necessary to give the players here the same explanation the players on our forums received.

Thanks,

Metz - Associate Producer Gods and Heroes: Rome Rising

• GanksinatraGanksinatra Member UncommonPosts: 455

I would just like to say I was on the fence about getting this, but after all the good things I've heard about it over the past few days on here, and a Lead person from the ccompany who believes in his game so much that he would actually lower himself to go to a site mainly inhabitted by fanbois and trolls, you've won me over. I have that excited feeling I had when I got EQ a day before the servers went live because I was an employee at EB at the time. I'm actually very excited to play this game, and the fact that it sounds like the developer is pumped and ready to defend their work and make an effort to make it better makes me even more excited.

• MasterApolloMasterApollo Member Posts: 6

Oh gawd... they're not the only end game content, they're a stop gap is all.

2G was an insanely cheap price and they said on the main forums that putting it up to 25G is purely to stop the mad rush. Keep in mind that I'm lvl 12 and I've just got to 1G. Money isn't that much of a big thing if you know what missions provide the best money.

Mythical minions are only about... 10% better than Heroics, all of which you can get the normal way in missions. They said they'd review the price but from testing the higher content (lvl 30+) in the much earlier closed beta you'll get plenty of money, minions and gear.

So chill ;)