Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's returning on Dec. 15?

Trident9259Trident9259 Member UncommonPosts: 860

Anyone tempted to log in one final time on Dec. 15 to cry out "PRE-CU FTW!" image

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Troneas

Anyone tempted to log in one final time on Dec. 15 to cry out "PRE-CU FTW!" image

What's the point? Besides Pre-cu will be still available at that point anyway, where as NGE won't.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Trident9259Trident9259 Member UncommonPosts: 860

Originally posted by Malickie

What's the point? Besides Pre-cu will be still available at that point anyway, where as NGE won't.

the point is to see old friends, visit your houses one last time, take a few screenshots and show the NGE crowd what "full" servers were like. 

• ObeeObee Member Posts: 1,550

I'm not going to pay for a month so I can log in for the end, but I might activate the free 45 days (I guess we have til the end of August to do it) to wander around out of morbid curiosity.  That'll be more than enough time for me to piss on the corpse.

• bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

They should offer free to play till then imo. Let players return to see some old memories before it closes. Also would make sense then to remind players of their other games to possibly pick up new subs on those.

• Acebets70Acebets70 Member UncommonPosts: 269

Ill break out the sand barge you guys bring the beer and Jawas !!!!

• PalatinePalatine Member Posts: 65

I will. This game was such a big part of my gaming life. Even though i havent played since the NGE i want to wonder, explore and see my dyeing friend pass away. :(

• hipiaphipiap Member UncommonPosts: 393

If you do not have a paying Sub as of Sept 15th...you will not be able to log in during December.

MMO History: 2528 days in SW:G

• RansomDentonRansomDenton Member Posts: 111

I will be I have to be there when the conn goes dead. I was there before pub 7 and I must be there when the lights go out. Does anyone know why they did not go F2P?

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

Originally posted by RansomDenton

I will be I have to be there when the conn goes dead. I was there before pub 7 and I must be there when the lights go out. Does anyone know why they did not go F2P?

Um............... TOR?

• Nikoz78Nikoz78 Member UncommonPosts: 910

I'll be there. I want to be on the stage when the curtain is pulled forever.

I miss the good ol' days when nerds were actually intelligent.

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

Only If it goes F2P the last week. But I highly doubt they would do that and give everyone who hated the changes the chance to rub it in their face one last time.

• shinkanshinkan Member UncommonPosts: 240

Highly doubt Im going to give SOE more money, but if its free at the end i might.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

I logged in all of my toons for final screenshots...I am officially done. My son however is still trying for those 4/5 holocrons for the cloak. I wish they would give a friendlier drop rate since it is shutting down. He has worked very hard and I would love to see him accomplish that before it ends.

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Nope. SWG is dead and it has been for awhile to me. I'm not going to pay $15 to be there when they pull the plug...I'd pay it to actually PULL the plug...but not just to watch the servers go down...did that enough while I was subbed that I know what it looks like ;)

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

My Free 45 days are ticking right now, there will be no return in december for me, Unless they give us the last month or 2 as a free pass.

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Frankly, no. The game in its current state is akin to the last days of Vegas era Elvis.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• FishermageFishermage Member Posts: 7,562

I'm back to witness the end.

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

If i manage to find my game and the passwords, i was on a free trial when i took my 2 or 3 curiosity looks into the nge swg.
    But maybe its nice to say goodbye...

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

• ScrogdogScrogdog Member Posts: 380

If there were something to say goodbye to then I'd consider it, but Kauri as it was no longer exists.

• GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323

I will be there just to see how it all ends.

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

Wouldn't want to log back into the game again.  Seeing Ahazi a ghost town?  No thanks.  I remember how quickly and how badly Ahazi depopulated after the NGE.  It was a terrible, left behind feeling, especially vivid memories as to how the server was once lively.  It was weird seeing it empty:  Theed, Coronet, Mos Eisley, Bestine.  All ghost towns.

I'd never want to go back to seeing it, even as a chance to gloat over the remains of SWG.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

They blew up Intrepid... I got nowhere to go even if I wanted to.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by GreenHell

Probably like this:

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

Originally posted by TUX426

Originally posted by GreenHell

Probably like this:

Exactly like that.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• massicksmassicks Member Posts: 46

Dear Star Wars Galaxies™ Community Member,

We write to you today to inform you that on December 15, 2011, Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) and LucasArts will end all services (MMO and Trading Card Game) for Star Wars Galaxies (SWG). The shutdown of SWG is a very difficult decision, but SOE and LucasArts have mutually agreed that the end of 2011 is the appropriate time to end the game.

We are extremely grateful to all of the SWG fans. We have had the rare opportunity to host one of the most dedicated and passionate online gaming communities and we truly appreciate the support we've received from each and every one of you over the course of the past eight years.

In recognition of your incredible loyalty, we are extending special Fan Appreciation offers to the current SWG community. We also plan to go out with a bang with a galaxy-ending in-game event in December and hope to see you all there. The details relating to these offers and events as well as the timeline and specifics regarding the discontinuation of the service, are provided below.

Again, we want to extend our heartfelt thanks to our player community for making SWG one of the best online communities in gaming history.